Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 85 Penn State 47

Featured Replies

Final. Everybody scores but Malone & Miller. Davis struggles all day. Teague struggles in first half & plays decent in second. Game belonged to Lamb & Wiltjer, who both played very well.

 

Cats face winner of Old Dominion/South Florida. They'll play tomorrow at noon, I think.

 

Lamb- 26

Wiltjer- 19

Jones- 15

Teague- 9

MKG- 9

Davis- 3

Long- 2 (2-4 FT's)

Polson- 1

Vargas- 1

Wow. That's saying something when Davis scores 3, Miller doesn't score, and combined with MKG and Teague's scoring only add up to be 21 combined and Kentucky can still end up winning by 40. Game not even in question and 4 of your main guys barely score 20 combined (coming off a game with 6 in double figures) and you just simply dominate the last 3/4 of the game. This team is scary, no matter how good/bad Penn St. may be.

It is noon, right?

 

Yes, I believe that is what they said.

Didn't get to watch...whats up with miller not scoring?

Didn't get to watch...whats up with miller not scoring?

 

I didn't listen either, but I noticed he only played 16 minutes. What's up with that?

Tweet regarding Miller:

 

KySportsRadio Matt Jones

Calipari: "I thought Darius played well. His numbers may not show it but I thought he played well."

Miller didn't really look to score much. While he was in though he played good D and did all the other things he was supposed to do. He got a lot of team mates involved instead of looking to score himself.

Tweet regarding Miller:

 

KySportsRadio Matt Jones

Calipari: "I thought Darius played well. His numbers may not show it but I thought he played well."

 

Why only 16 minutes then?

Cats had some weird lineups on the floor today, I guess mainly due to foul trouble and it being a blow out.

  • Author
Cats had some weird lineups on the floor today, I guess mainly due to foul trouble and it being a blow out.

 

Yes, very much agree. Cal experimented with that big lineup in the second half--Davis, Jones, & Wiltjer all on the floor together.

 

I disagree with Matt Jones. While Miller did do a few nice things--particularly defending Frazier & cooling him down early--he didn't do enough to stand out...not enough to classify it as a good game. There's no way he should get more minutes than MKG right now. And Lamb has been our most consistent scorer, so you can't put him in Lamb's place.

 

But I do think an argument can be made in favor of Miller over Teague.

  • Author
Didn't get to watch...whats up with miller not scoring?

 

He only took two or three shots that I can remember. He's just not been all that aggressive in looking for his shot. Seems willing to yield to the freshmen and Jones/Lamb.

This game was over early. One thing that has intrigued me so far has been Teague's shot from behind the arc. Coming into the season I never heard much about his jumper but to me his form looks really nice and he knocked down 3 today I believe. If he can hit those consistently he is going to be tough to stop, they will have to get out on him and he can then beat his man to the hoop for a score or dish.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.