Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is This Coach Thompson's Last Run?

Featured Replies

We heard talk last year that Coach Thompson from Boone might be in his last season?

 

Will he return? Is Ryle a must win?

We heard talk last year that Coach Thompson from Boone might be in his last season?

 

Will he return? Is Ryle a must win?

 

If he doesn't beat Ryle I believe he is done. If he gets blown out, I think you can almost guarantee he will be gone. On the flip side a big win could go a long way for him considering this isn't the most talented of Boone teams.

I think he was given this year to improve and he did, so I predict he will be back.

Torre to the Yankees, Tito to the Sox..... after decades sometimes change is needed.

I think this is a definite regardless of the outcome of the Ryle game. Maybe there is a chance he will stay if Boone Co. can run the table and win a state championship, but I just don't see that happening.

 

I just think too many things have gone wrong in this program (mainly internal issues) to justify his staying with the program.

 

Does anyone out there have any ideas of any potential candidates (internal or external) to replace Thompson, if he indeed doesn't return?

I think Thompson has done a nice job this year regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Does he have kids younger than his son that is currently on the team? That could be a factor in him fighting to stay.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back or gone.

I think he was given this year to improve and he did, so I predict he will be back.

 

I'm leaning this way.

Whichever way it goes, I wish Coach Thompson the BEST! Class individual!

Can someone provide insight on why this is even being discussed? I could be just out of the loop. Thanks

Whichever way it goes, I wish Coach Thompson the BEST! Class individual!

I agree 100%. Hope he stays if he wants to.

Can someone provide insight on why this is even being discussed? I could be just out of the loop. Thanks

 

There was a lot of controversy last year surrounding Thompson, the poor season, back to back losing seasons and looking to be losing ground in the district, using his son at QB (which many did not agree with), the offense being run, etc. Boone County has arguably been the bell cow big school program in N. Ky. for the past 30 years. I would guess last season is the first time in 30 years or more that Boone County had back to back losing seasons. That is why this is a topic of discussion despite a very solid year by Boone County this year.

There was a lot of controversy last year surrounding Thompson, the poor season, back to back losing seasons and looking to be losing ground in the district, using his son at QB (which many did not agree with), the offense being run, etc. Boone County has arguably been the bell cow big school program in N. Ky. for the past 30 years. I would guess last season is the first time in 30 years or more that Boone County had back to back losing seasons. That is why this is a topic of discussion despite a very solid year by Boone County this year.

 

How long has Thompson been at Boone? I know his offense is more run based, are there significant grumblings of the other area teams "passing" them by.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.