Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Longest regular season district winning streaks

Featured Replies

Two of the state's longer district winning streaks came to an end Friday night.

 

Russellville, who ironically never lost a district game in Class 3A, saw their 18-game district winning streak end with a 42-0 loss to Mayfield. Their last district loss came in 2006 to Metcalfe County.

 

Also, Prestonsburg saw their 17-game district streak end with a loss to Leslie County. The Blackcats last lost in district play to Belfry in 2006.

 

Nine teams still have active regular season district winning streaks of 18 games or longer.

 

40 is the longest active streak followed by 30.

 

Any takers?

I would say Beechwood, cause they they have ZERO competition in their district.

Trinity has won 40 straight regular season district games dating back to the 2003 season.

Bell's is pretty high now Corbin's was in the high 40's until they lost to Bell a few weeks ago.

I know Beechwood lost to Bellevue in '99 in the regular season, but beat them in playoffs. I am pretty sure NCC was beating them in their district for awhile before moving up to 2a. If I had to guess, and this is strictly a guess, I'd say the Tigers have win about 25 district games in a row.

Bell's is pretty high now Corbin's was in the high 40's until they lost to Bell a few weeks ago.

 

Corbin's was 47 till they lost to Bell. First loss since Oct 2000 if I remember hearing it. And Bell's now is 25 (maybe 26 I don't know who they played this week).

  • Author

Longest District Winning Streaks (regular season only)

 

40 - Trinity (Seneca - 2003)

30 - ??

29 - Beechwood (Bellevue - 2005)

24 - ??

23 - Bell County (Rockcastle County - 2006)

19 - ??

19 - ??

19 - ??

18 - Highlands (2006 - Covington Catholic)

I'm guessing they are talking actual championships, not games, my mistake.

I think Beechwood is at 30 back to that 2005 loss to Bellevue. NCC is at 18 back to 2006 when they were A and Beechwood beat them.

  • Author
I'm guessing they are talking actual championships, not games, my mistake.
consecutive games

Mayfield's loss to Crittenden was in district play I believe, may have been during playoffs? That was 4-5 years ago?

Bowling Green?

 

Lost to Warren Central in '09 & '10.

Not sure of Frankfort's streak

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.