Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jones on ESPN's Grantland

Featured Replies

Very little actual breakdown in why they will win. It's Calipari's time and UK fans deserve it is what any fan is saying at the watercooler. Well written but not as in-depth as the UNC article.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones can be a very good writer when he gets out of his own way. I initially liked him, but once he got more exposure his true personality shined through and he has since become insufferable. I still go to KSR from time-to-time as it's the best place to find UK news in one place. I also occasionally find a Jones penned piece I enjoy, but I can not listen to the radio show or watch the TV show for even 30 seconds without wanting to stick my head in the oven.

The pot shots at Pintino were a bit childish I thought. I mean, it's really old news

The pot shots at Pintino were a bit childish I thought. I mean, it's really old news
It may be old, but it is still funny. Though I wouldn't have put it in a national article meant to tell why UK is going to win the title.
We drew up a similar report on the current UK squad here in Louisville and filed it under "The Nightmare Scenario." The Cats are absolutely stacked.

 

As for Matt Jones, his first paragraph includes a butchered quote from a Supreme Court Justice -- and the wrong Supreme Court Justice at that -- and a crack at the personal life of the coach that led his beloved Cats to three Final Four appearances. Solid start... I can't believe I read the whole thing.

This has now been added.

 

Correction: A previous version of this article misidentified the Supreme Court justice who said "I know it when I see it," regarding pornography. It said Lewis F. Powell, but in fact the quote comes from Justice Potter Stewart's concurring opinion in Jacobellis v. Ohio. The article also misquoted Stewart. Both errors have been corrected.

The UNC article convinced me that UNC will cut down the nets. Much to my dismay.

 

The game in December should serve as a decent barometer for where the two teams are. However last year UNC won in December by two and then lost to UK by 7 in March when it counted. I wouldn't be surprised if we see somethign similar this year. I know UNC has alot of talent that's more refined than UK's at this time but I think UK may have more over all talent. Honestly just like JORTS was last season I could see Vargas as being key to UK's sustained success this season as well. I know that's scary, but everyone just about thought last season was a wash when we found out JORTS was the only big man option at that time. Only time will tell.

The UNC article convinced me that UNC will cut down the nets. Much to my dismay.

 

PP92 who would you rather see win it UK or UNC? I think I know the answer just want to be sure.

The UNC article convinced me that UNC will cut down the nets. Much to my dismay.

 

I feel like you just pulled out my heart, ran it over, back up ran it over again, then set it on fire :lol:. For once I really hope your wrong. Though I did send you that article about Duke from the site. Lets hope that header is right.

PP92 who would you rather see win it UK or UNC? I think I know the answer just want to be sure.

 

Think I can answer that. UNC.

A. It would be an ACC victory

B. This board would be unreadable for a year

Good read...no actual basketball knowledge, but readable.

I honestly think UK wins the first matchup in December...in April (assuming they meet in the Final Four or Championship...anything goes).

PP92 who would you rather see win it UK or UNC? I think I know the answer just want to be sure.

 

 

UK.

Think I can answer that. UNC.

A. It would be an ACC victory

B. This board would be unreadable for a year

 

Nope. I have a lot of friends that are UK fans so I'd be happy for them if they won. I truly truly truly despise UNC and everything about the program. I chose to not go to the Laettner game largely because Hansbrough is on the team. I despise UNC. I respect them and their program.....but I despise them. I'd rather see UK win it all instead of UNC.

My mistake, I thought each writer was supposed to give reasons why their team would win it all this season, not dwell on a has been, terrible point guard who quit the team last year. There certainly could be an entire article about LD, but that was not the place or format. If he was part of this year's squad, I could see some relevance. His mention could have been one sentence, but the writer dwelled way to long on Drew. Respectfully disagree about UNC's being more convincing. UK will beat UNC twice this year.

 

 

Don't read the Duke one then, he spent a decent amount of time breaking down the Arizona loss. Even going so far as giving the offensive efficiency percentage of Arizona from that game. 134.7

 

If you would open your mind...just a little...you'd recognize that Larry Drew quitting the team is one of the reasons they will win it all this year. It allowed Kendall Marshall to truly take over the team and blossom. That would require you to take off your Big Blue shaded glasses you read the article with though.

 

Just out of curiosity, what does Pitino have to do with UK winning it all this year? Jones started off his story mentioning Pitino, didn't he?

I feel like you just pulled out my heart, ran it over, back up ran it over again, then set it on fire :lol:. For once I really hope your wrong. Though I did send you that article about Duke from the site. Lets hope that header is right.

 

I hope I am wrong too, I just have that sick feeling in my stomach from 2004-5 and Hansbrough's last year. Not a good feeling at all......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.