With the sun shining in Whitley City, Stearns and Revelo, we had dreams

of 8 wins and another trip to the

playoffs. But now we are 1-7 and its

suddenly got really cloudy. Where

are we headed in terms of progress?

I know everyone has said I am

negative, but I am a realist. This is a

solid question. Answers?

There was only 2 that said possible 8 win season. They couldn't win 8 with watts. End of the cloudy conversation.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know one thing about the entire political/football situation down there. All I know is what I viewed as an outsider looking in and getting to know a few guys down there. Coach Gay no longer coaches football down there and now it's some other guy that has brought in a completely different group of coaches. Gay did pretty well, with Watts and Roark's aid in his last years before retirement. The current staff is not having a lot of success so far and blames Gay for leaving the program a mess from what I gather on here. Gay thinks the current coaching staff and the school administration is a bunch of idiots who wouldn't support him when he coached. One guy, ex-coach Payne, is stuck in the middle of all the backbiting and is super supportive of the kids and the program. Do all of you guys realize who is getting hurt more than any of your feeling during this squabbling? It's the kids who play football and they need all of your support including the staff, the administration and the coaches. All of you guys need to get your youth program going, support from the community and work on getting the school board on board to get the program going in the right direction and quit pointing fingers. That is the only way you will get that program back off the ground. That is just an opinion of an outsider looking in. Like I said earlier in this post, I don't have any idea of what is really going on inside, but you fellas need to put some time in with the youth and build the program up. Get your high schoolers to visit the elementary and middle school guys and mentor a little. Those little kids are really influenced by a big ole football player visiting in his game jersey and showing interest in them. I've seen it several times this year alone. Try....at least try to be positive about the program. Losing is no fun and everyone becomes a coach down to the parents when a team loses. But a positive attitude goes a long way.

I don't know one thing about the entire

political/football situation down there. All I know is what I viewed as an outsider looking in and getting to

know a few guys down there. Coach Gay no longer coaches football down there and now it's some other guy

that has brought in a completely

different group of coaches. Gay did pretty well, with Watts and Roark's

aid in his last years before retirement. The current staff is not

having a lot of success so far and blames Gay for leaving the program

a mess from what I gather on here.

Gay thinks the current coaching staff

and the school administration is a

bunch of idiots who wouldn't support him when he coached. One guy, ex-

coach Payne, is stuck in the middle of all the backbiting and is super

supportive of the kids and the program. Do all of you guys realize

who is getting hurt more than any of your feeling during this squabbling?

It's the kids who play football and

they need all of your support including the staff, the administration

and the coaches. All of you guys

need to get your youth program going, support from the community

and work on getting the school board on board to get the program going in

the right direction and quit pointing fingers. That is the only way you will

get that program back off the ground. That is just an opinion of an outsider

looking in. Like I said earlier in this post, I don't have any idea of what is

really going on inside, but you fellas need to put some time in with the

youth and build the program up. Get your high schoolers to visit the

elementary and middle school guys and mentor a little. Those little kids

are really influenced by a big ole football player visiting in his game

jersey and showing interest in them. I've seen it several times this year

alone. Try....at least try to be positive

about the program. Losing is no fun and everyone becomes a coach

down to the parents when a team loses. But a positive attitude goes a

long way.

I agree 100% with your post everything except the part about Gay.

I agree 100% with your post everything except the part about Gay.
You got a hang up when it comes to me, Let's meet face to face and I'm sure we can work it out. Everyone knows you fabricate in everything you say. Anyone with eyes and a brain can look at the football facility in McCreary Co. and see that the Administration is not supporting Football. It is the worst facility in the Whole State. To blamb Coach Gay and his Staff for this Teams misfortunes are Ludriclous. These players, This Jv. Team and Varsiety Team is yours and the present Staff. Coach Gay has been gone 2 years. SO STEP UP. Take responsibility for the Success or Failure and stop passing the Buck. I think Coach Smith will be sucessful. He would have alot better chance if he sent one of his Asst. Coaches home and we all know who that would be!!!

You got a hang up when it comes to me, Let's meet face to face and I'm sure wecanwork it out. Everyone knowsyou fabricate in everything yousay. Anyone with eyes and abraincan look at the football facilityinMcCreary Co. and see thatthe Administration is notsupporting Football. It is the worstfacility in the Whole State. Tblamb Coach Gay and his Staff forthis Teams misfortunes areLudriclous. These players, ThisJv.Team and Varsiety Team isyours and the present Staff. CoachGay has been gone 2 years.SO STEP UP. Takeresponsibility for the Success orFailure and stop passing the Buck.

I think Coach Smith will be sucessful.

He would have alot better chance if

he sent one of his Asst. Coaches

home and we all know who that

would be!!!

No one said staff!

Until Robert Jones is either fired or made head football coach our program is in trouble. You guys laughed at me for suggesting he be the coach. But there is some thought put into this. See Mr Jones dont like to lose. When he has something at stake,( see basketball and volleyball) then the teams are pretty successful. If he is made head coach the money would be there, he would share the players. Success!

Until Robert Jones is either fired or made

head football coach our program is in

trouble. You guys laughed at me for

suggesting he be the coach. But

there is some thought put into this.

See Mr Jones dont like to lose. When

he has something at stake,( see

basketball and volleyball) then the

teams are pretty successful. If he is

made head coach the money would

be there, he would share the players.

Success!

I know you know this. Volleyball and basketball don't get anymore money than football. Jones has shared his players with football. Football could be just as successful as basketball. Gay could have played the Stephen kid at qb in his cupcake win, just one example. Gay would never take watts out in blowout, he was afraid he would quit. You can't

build a program letting the Indians

run the camp. A program is only as good as the last member on the team. You must make all the players feel important.

Gay and his cult believes that basketball gets everything. You can probably check the records basketball has received less from board of education than any other program.

The Arby's Kfc tournament that has went on for 12 years has help basketball program. Arby,s and Kfc Alone local business has help to

Make it Hugh success . This didn't happen overnight.

I think they have a 12 team volleyball.

Both of these bring money in for local business people.

Gay could have bowl games at McCreary Central, but that takes work. If you want people to get behind you, you must show people your willing to work and you care.

Instead of blaming the adminstration and they won't have you 2 million to run your program. Heck if they gave you 2 million you couldn't win anymore game. All of this is JMO

Maybe you didnt understand what I wrote. I 100% stand by my statements and there is a growing number who share my thoughts to a tee. I posted numbers to back up my claims on the AD thread. But here you go again:

Until Robert Jones is either fired or made head football coach our program is in trouble. You guys laughed at me for suggesting he be the coach. But there is some thought put into this. See Mr Jones dont like to lose. When he has something at stake,( see basketball and volleyball) then the teams are pretty successful. If he is made head coach the money would be there, he would share the players. Success!

The fact is McCreary was very lucky when they got to import Aaron Watts. The program had zero success before Mr. Watts and has been awful since he graduated. HOP can protest all he wants but the fact is the only football success that McCreary has ever had came when Watts was part of the program. This is a horribly run athletic program and will continue to be as long as the current braintrust is in charge. I've heard numerous times about the athletes that McCreary has--at some point they have to be able to beat the Pinevilles and Leslie Countys of the world simply on athletic abiltiy if they do in fact have those kind of athletes. The fact is they have never done this without Watts.

It appears from the comments on the " AD" thread that most share my sentiments on the AD should not be a coach. So with that being said, I think we should publicly state our opposition to this at McCreary Central.

Rob Jones is doing a good job. McCreary has a solid athletic department. Football is a little down but they will get it going again. Don't see why everyone is pushing the panic button. The Athletic department just hired a fantastic girl's basketball coach. Why all the fuss about getting rid of the AD? Football wise Coach Gay and his staff did a great job taking the program to another level. The transition has been a little rocky but that is to be expected when you have a mass change of player and coaching personel. With some patience and strong support football should be back on track. Good Luck!

Rob Jones is doing a good job. McCreary has a solid athletic department. Football is a little down but they will get it going again. Don't see why everyone is pushing the panic button. The Athletic department just hired a fantastic girl's basketball coach. Why all the fuss about getting rid of the AD? Football wise Coach Gay and his staff did a great job taking the program to another level. The transition has been a little rocky but that is to be expected when you have a mass change of player and coaching personel. With some patience and strong support football should be back on track. Good Luck!

How do you know the girls basketball coach is fantastic.

• 5 months later...