McCreary Central- Where are we headed?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Offended, Just beg to differ. The Kids are as good as anyon's Kids. God didn't pick out McCreary County and say you are no good in Football. Whitley Co. Corbin, Williamsburg, Pulaski Co., SW, Somerset, Wayne Co. and Oneida Tenn, all border McCreary Co. All these Schools Play Good Football, Some have won State Championships. The difference is all these Schools have the Support and Facilities needed to be successful.

All of those schools you mentioned go back to what I said about being financially and emotionally invested to have success. I wouldn't say that are 100% in both, but it's Definately in the upper half of each. Somerset, SW, Corbin and now with the rise of Pulaski are all at the top of the list; heck, throw Whitley County in there, too. Their MS stadium alone is better or as good as 50% of the high schools across the state.

All of those schools you mentioned go back to what I said about being financially and emotionally invested to have success. I wouldn't say that are 100% in both, but it's Definately in the upper half of each. Somerset, SW, Corbin and now with the rise of Pulaski are all at the top of the list; heck, throw Whitley County in there, too. Their MS stadium alone is better or as good as 50% of the high schools across the state.

Whitley County is in Top half, Williamsburg is also. Oneida Tenn. put's everything into Football, won a State Championship a few years Back and are good every year. I agree with you until McCreary becomes 100% invested, we can say we have Football and that is about it.

Whitley County is in Top half, Williamsburg is also. Oneida Tenn. put's everything into Football, won a State Championship a few years Back and are good every year. I agree with you until McCreary becomes 100% invested, we can say we have Football and that is about it.

Unfortunately, that's the case for many, many programs across the state. Lofty,expectations, with intramural league support. Take this thread for example.

The problem is a few people. I have named them here. Robert Jones is the top of the list. There is a political click here that controls alot of the school and hires. There is one poster that posted here that has been scared by the administration that if he says the wrong thing here he could and will face problems from the powers that be. Now you tell me how wrong that is. McCreary is a corrupt as the recent 60 minutes TV show on Wiliamsburg police corruption. I think we need to get them here to investigate the school system. Something has to be done.

The problem is a few people. I have named them here. Robert Jones is the top of the list. There is a political click here that controls alot of the school and hires. There is one poster that posted here that has been scared by the administration that if he says the wrong thing here he could and will face problems from the powers that be. Now you tell me how wrong that is. McCreary is a corrupt as the recent 60 minutes TV show on Wiliamsburg police corruption. I think we need to get them here to investigate the school system. Something has to be done.

You and I have been Preaching to the Choir. I think Most agree but no one wants to step up.

Wow no Head Coach should ever let this happen when you know you need all the time you can get with the kids. This program has went backward since Coach Gay and his staff left,once again wow.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way!!!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way!!!

Yeah its too bad. Gay was under the curse of old age. It is too bad he left even though he is old and his quality years are dwindling he had some gas in the tank. His staff was good but thought he was never there. Several of his coaches said he was too old and worn out. His coaches said they ran the practices. They got mad he got the credit and not them for the one banner year mccreary had. Coach Payne ran the team that year and trust me everyone knows it. Getting old can be an S.O.B.

Yeah its too bad. Gay was under the curse of old age. It is too bad he left even though he is old and his quality years are dwindling he had some gas in the tank. His staff was good but thought he was never there. Several of his coaches said he was too old and worn out. His coaches said they ran the practices. They got mad he got the credit and not them for the one banner year mccreary had. Coach Payne ran the team that year and trust me everyone knows it. Getting old can be an S.O.B.

I do not know about who ran the team, but the fact remains the program has went backwards since Gay and Payne are not coaching,imo Payne should have been hired after gay retired anyway,he would have kept the program moving forward.

I do not know about who ran the team, but the fact remains the program has went backwards since Gay and Payne are not coaching,imo Payne should have been hired after gay retired anyway,he would have kept the program moving forward.

No doubt Payne would turn around the program. His wealth of knowledge and decades of coaching experience is unequaled by anyone. His moral values and straight forward honest approach would get the most out of any kid. He is not someone who undercuts people behind their back. HE is honest and hard working. HE is well liked in the community. HE is someone you could trust your children with. It is hard to imagine Mccreary would let someone of his caliber waste away right under their nose. If Payne were head coach mccreary would have contended for regional titles the last two years. No doubt he would have built upon the only winning season Mccreary ever had. I agree KYRJ coach Payne is the answer look what he has done with the wrestling team after a taking the team in a smooth transition with his brother in law. If there is any fault with the AD it is that he is not a keen coaching talent finder like you.Payne is the answer to raise the mighty Raiders from their two decade slump.

Lol Trenchmaster all I was saying is he would have kept the program moving forward, it has gone backwards that is very obvious.

lol. Your entitled to your opinion. We gotta laugh at this stuff sometimes. People are losing jobs and homes and people are worried about all this. Support your current coach. It takes a few years. Coach Smith is a good man. He needs the communities support to turn it around. So support him. We can play what if all day.