McCreary Central- Where are we headed?

Whats going on in the off season? Are we headed to the same kind of year as last? Our basketball team last year was bad and underachieved, lets hope our football team can make some headway this year.

Don't know what has gone on in off season. The Players and Coaches know how much work they have put in and that will be a direct reflection on how the Season will go. Time will tell.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Yes they have ,and may have a few days left not sure, coaches and kids seemed excited from what i hear. Good luck Raiders!

I have not seem McCreary in Spring Practice, However I have talked to some of the Players and the Numbers are small for Spring Practice. Anywhere from 11 to 26, They do have some good skilled People coming Back. Good Luck in up coming season.

I have not seem McCreary in Spring Practice, However I have talked to some of the Players and the Numbers are small for Spring Practice. Anywhere from 11 to 26, They do have some good skilled People coming Back. Good Luck in up coming season.

Do they have a lot participating in spring sports?

Heard a quote the other day that I feel is very true for this program and tons of others across the country and state, high school and college.

Until schools are financially and emotionally invested, you won't have success. Sure you will have a year or two here and there, maybe even 2-3 in a row, but in the grand scheme of things, you won't.

You show me a truly great program(s) in the state of Kentucky and I'll show you a program that is both, Financially and Emotionally invested. Not one, but both. It starts at the top and Im not talking about the head coach, but it has to matter to a lot of other people before it gets to the coach(es).

Heard a quote the other day that I feel is very true for this program and tons of others across the country and state, high school and college.

Until schools are financially and emotionally invested, you won't have success. Sure you will have a year or two here and there, maybe even 2-3 in a row, but in the grand scheme of things, you won't.

You show me a truly great program(s) in the state of Kentucky and I'll show you a program that is both, Financially and Emotionally invested. Not one, but both. It starts at the top and Im not talking about the head coach, but it has to matter to a lot of other people before it gets to the coach(es).

I couldn't agree more. 100% agreement.

That is so true.

Well I can tell you that we are not fully invested. Until the board and site base adopts that the AD cannot be a coach we will never be very good. Whats going on here is a travesty.

No they aren't, nor close. Sad thing is, they aren't alone. It's an unfortunate reality that only 15-20 (maybe 25 tops) in this state truly are emotionally and financially invested into their football programs. They are also you best programs. That's not to say that the best of the best don't have down years, because they do, but they don't stay down for long. Glasgow is a great example. Four years ago they went 0-11, four years later they are State Runners up once, again. Glasgow is an example of a community, administration, school, etc that are emotionally and financially invested in their program. They also happen to be one of the top academic schools in the state.

There are others, but Glasgow was the first to come to mind, because they will have a down year, but like I said; not often.