Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2011/2012

Featured Replies

Should be interesting to see this group come togather, agree with the fact Barnes hurts the scheme of high pressure defense. Couple of new unknown sophs could step up and help. Know of a jr. who shoots well who should be playing over a couple on the team. Never hurts to have another shooter. Looking forward to the year. I think there waiting for the football season to be finished to come up with a roster.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? who are their shooters? I can name one --- Barnes.....about it.......so before SK starts hanging any banners shouldn't they beat teams like Scott? Hasn't Scott won like 8 or 9 in a row? I know I know not in the same region. :ylsuper:

 

 

Simon Kenton is SMALL, but skilled. They can shoot the lights out when on but to be successful over the year they will have to be scrappy, and play as a team.

I don't like talking about kids specifically but N Ayers has a high motor? Uhm....okay i guess...Mr. Ayers is nice player but unless something has drastically changed over the summer I'm not so sure about the "high motor" thing......

 

 

Q, I'm assuming you are referring to Barnes and not Ayers because I've never seen Ayers hang on the three point line and hoist them.[/quote

 

Yes I was referring to Barnes I should have clarified. Ayers is a nice player, good skills with a high motor. How tall is Nick these days?

So is Coach Steiner working with Nick's shot?

 

 

Nick is about 6"3 closer to 6"4....If nick can develope a consistant outside game he will be VERY hard to guard because of his length and ability to get to the basket.

Whenever someone starts a sentence out with I don't like talking about kids but.... Nothing good comes after. I have seen Ayers play since he was a 5th grader and he has improved the most IMO out of all those kids he used to play AAU ball with. He has the most upside IMO.

So is Coach Steiner working with Nick's shot?
No, I'm think they spent all summer playing tiddley winks.

 

before SK starts hanging any banners shouldn't they beat teams like Scott? Hasn't Scott won like 8 or 9 in a row? I know I know not in the same\region. :ylsuper:
Who said anything about banners? Or even anything about how Simon Kentons W/L record will play out. Fortunately for Simon Kenton beating Scott doesn't make or break a season.

 

I don't like talking about kids specifically but N Ayers has a high motor? Uhm....okay i guess...Mr. Ayers is nice player but unless something has drastically changed over the summer I'm not so sure about the "high motor" thing......

 

 

Please explain to us your definition of high motor? I'd venture to say that any other poster who has seen Ayers play will describe him of having a high motor.

So is Coach Steiner working with Nick's shot?

 

I watched Ayers play a few times over the summer for his AAU team and I personally think Steiner is the problem for Nick at SK. During his AAU season he was a totally different player. He hustled, was more physical and even shot the mid-range jumper. He help his own against The Ville in the AAu state tournament. For SK he seems to look to pass first then score later. Most of the SK team is hesitant to shoot, except for Chambers, because of how Steiner reacts when the shot doesn't go in. Nick is a great kid and I hope that the way he played during the summer carries into the Sk season. If it does then you will like the new Nick Ayers.

I watched Ayers play a few times over the summer for his AAU team and I personally think Steiner is the problem for Nick at SK. During his AAU season he was a totally different player. He hustled, was more physical and even shot the mid-range jumper. He help his own against The Ville in the AAu state tournament. For SK he seems to look to pass first then score later. Most of the SK team is hesitant to shoot, except for Chambers, because of how Steiner reacts when the shot doesn't go in. Nick is a great kid and I hope that the way he played during the summer carries into the Sk season. If it does then you will like the new Nick Ayers.

 

 

In total agreement with this post! Great kid, a ton of upside, hopefully summer ball carries over!

For the record, my definiton of a high motor is anyone who gets after it both offensively and defensively from start to finish. They lay it on the line every moment they are on the court.

For the record, my definiton of a high motor is anyone who gets after it both offensively and defensively from start to finish. They lay it on the line every moment they are on the court.

 

Pretty sure you described about every kid that plays for SK!

Pretty sure you described about every kid that plays for SK!

 

Time will tell! Good luck to SK this year!

Meet the Pioneers is this Friday at 6:30pm at SK.

Should be interesting to see this group come togather, agree with the fact Barnes hurts the scheme of high pressure defense. Couple of new unknown sophs could step up and help. Know of a jr. who shoots well who should be playing over a couple on the team. Never hurts to have another shooter. Looking forward to the year. I think there waiting for the football season to be finished to come up with a roster.

 

Got an idea who you are talking about and it ain't gonna happen...Seen him play early in the summer and was raining from all over!! Too bad for The 'Neers, without a doubt would have been 1 of the best percentage-wise shooters in the region and would have complimented Chambers/Sampson big time!

I haven't seen a roster for SK yet but from watching their scrimmage Saturday here is a list of some of the players.

 

 

00 Brenan Kuntz G/F 6'2

2 Ryan Mullen G/F 6'2

3 Cody Chambers G 6'1

10 Riley Barnes G 6'2

20 Jared Swanson G 5'8 did not play

22 Drew Reckner G

23 Andrew Sampson G 6'1 starter

24 Cody Monson G 5'10 starter

30 Nick Ayers F 6'4 starter

34 Jared Bowling F 6'2 did not play

45 David Stephens C 6'7 did not play

55 Brandon Yanke C 6'6

I haven't seen a roster for SK yet but from watching their scrimmage Saturday here is a list of some of the players.

 

 

00 Brenan Kuntz G/F 6'2

2 Ryan Mullen G/F 6'2

3 Cody Chambers G 6'1

10 Riley Barnes G 6'2

20 Jared Swanson G 5'8 did not play

22 Drew Reckner G

23 Andrew Sampson G 6'1 starter

24 Cody Monson G 5'10 starter

30 Nick Ayers F 6'4 starter

34 Jared Bowling F 6'2 did not play

45 David Stephens C 6'7 did not play

55 Brandon Yanke C 6'6

 

No way some of those estimated heights are even close. SK's perpetual challenge is size and it it even a bigger challenge this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.