What will Elder chant when Highlands comes to the Pit?

Consider it a teaching tool to all those who condone such behavior by students of a school who professes to be Christ centered. I am simply making a point to them that these chants have no substance and can be very offensive
I don't think they are offensive at all! What is offensive and has no substance is the anti-gay slurs all male schools face it seems at every sporting event. I know a few people who were there and the X students chanted this AFTER Colerain kids started with the gay slurs! Harassment and bigotry chants are a lot more offensive! As someone mentioned in another thread, a couple of years ago someone painted on the driveway to NCC, and they have had girls there now for about 30 years, that is not worse than a chant saying I have jesus or he is on my side?

very offensive to individuals who do have faith in Christ.
How? If one has a personal relationship with Jesus and God, how is someone chanting "I/we have Jesus, or God's on our side" offensive? I guess the people hearing the chant actually thinks their relationship with Jesus/God isn't that strong? If a radicial Christian or Muslim is yelling at me saying I don't have Jesus or God it is not going to effect me one bit, and they are even saying I don't have them, not only they have them. I know my relationship with Jesus and God, that is all that matters!

Again' date=' I'm sure that we will never hear this chant again by a GCL school and rightfully so.[/quote'] You're kidding yourself! I'll make the old Bob Trumpy bet on this. CCH and NCC do this as well, it was a few years ago, I think in a regional basketball game at Holmes? But anyway, the Bishop walks in and sits on one side, those students on the side of the court the Bishop is sitting chant "God's on our side", do you actually think the kids on the other side were offended? Did they really think that God was only on the other side? Seems like teenagers who chant this are more mature than many adults on this matter, as they realize that just because they other side chanted this doesn't mean it's true, they know their relatonship.

So now' date=' getting back to the thread before they move this to the politics/religion forum. [/quote']This confuses us, the thread has nothing to do with football, but a chant at a football game.

But, I say stay away from the anti-gay chants win or lose and you won't hear these chants, but I will say if one chant is started you will hear the other. BTW, If they chant this, why would one assume they were chanting it at Dale? The St X students weren't even chanting it at the Colerain coach, but he decided to break his huddle and walk all the way across the the field to start with the X students.

Edited by Birdsfan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former student at NewCath, in the time since the merger w/ OLP, the Hill slur has never, ever bothered me. It isn't my sexual preference, so I let it roll off of my back, like almost every other student there did/does. Highlands has butchered the B-A-K-E C-A-K-E cheer by just repeating Cake, but they took the derogatory and use it almost like a "Scoreboard" chant. There are chants that go too far, but all too often, ADULTS...again the bain of almost all competitive fun...are the ones that get offeneded, while the students who were the targets of the chant go off to a party and forget about it.

I don't think they are offensive at all! What is offensive and has no substance is the anti-gay slurs all male schools face it seems at every sporting event. I know a few people who were there and the X students chanted this AFTER Colerain kids started with the gay slurs! Harassment and bigotry chants are a lot more offensive! As someone mentioned in another thread, a couple of years ago someone painted on the driveway to NCC, and they have had girls there now for about 30 years, that is not worse than a chant saying I have jesus or he is on my side?

How? If one has a personal relationship with Jesus and God, how is someone chanting "I/we have Jesus, or God's on our side" offensive? I guess the people hearing the chant actually thinks their relationship with Jesus/God isn't that strong? If a radicial Christian or Muslim is yelling at me saying I don't have Jesus or God it is not going to effect me one bit, and they are even saying I don't have them, not only they have them. I know my relationship with Jesus and God, that is all that matters!

You're kidding yourself! I'll make the old Bob Trumpy bet on this. CCH and NCC do this as well, it was a few years ago, I think in a regional basketball game at Holmes? But anyway, the Bishop walks in and sits on one side, those students on the side of the court the Bishop is sitting chant "God's on our side", do you actually think the kids on the other side were offended? Did they really think that God was only on the other side? Seems like teenagers who chant this are more mature than many adults on this matter, as they realize that just because they other side chanted this doesn't mean it's true, they know their relatonship.

This confuses us, the thread has nothing to do with football, but a chant at a football game.

But, I say stay away from the anti-gay chants win or lose and you won't hear these chants, but I will say if one chant is started you will hear the other. BTW, If they chant this, why would one assume they were chanting it at Dale? The St X students weren't even chanting it at the Colerain coach, but he decided to break his huddle and walk all the way across the the field to start with the X students.

Honestly, I'm too tired to read through all of this. Whatever.:eyeonyou:

Edited by Birdsfan

Silly thread IMHO. More importantly, which team will have something to cheer about. If this thread is in some way trying to validate the actions of the Colerain coach, then it is pointless as the Colerain coach is 0-1 on BPG with regard to his sour-grapes-stop-your-cheering-because-I-just-lost outburst.

Thunderbird and Horst Muhlmann' date=' take a good look at the thread page and scroll through them. Yeah, they're all A+ threads, kinda like your posts through the years.[/quote']

Seriously:rolleyes:......Move it to a General forum in the future where it can be viewed by people who don't give a crap. Because I know I don't....You post away my friend!!!!:thumb: You and your other wanna be's....Give it up with the Sideline Club bashing. That's a little childish wouldn't you say....Why don't you join? I don't have a kid on the team and I won't have one for another 10-12 years. So why am I a member......That's because I care about the quality of the Football program that I helped build unlike yourself and your other wanna be "Bluebird". So you go ahead and continue to view "It" from the outside if you desire.

Well if Thunderbirds says it's crap, it must be crap. Wannabe? You're right, when momma asked the little whack what he aspired to be when he grew up, I said "momma, I want to move to Fort Thomas and be just like Thunderbirds." "I want to live, eat, sleep, and breathe Ft. Thomas football and when I die I want my headstone to be in the shape of a bluebird." You got me, T.:banana:

Well if Thunderbirds says it's crap' date=' it must be crap. Wannabe? You're right, when momma asked the little whack what he aspired to be when he grew up, I said "momma, I want to move to Fort Thomas and be just like Thunderbirds." "I want to live, eat, sleep, and breathe Ft. Thomas football and when I die I want my headstone to be in the shape of a bluebird." You got me, T.:banana:[/quote']

Once again.....Crap & Weak! Try again.

Well if Thunderbirds says it's crap' date=' it must be crap. Wannabe? You're right, when momma asked the little whack what he aspired to be when he grew up, I said "momma, I want to move to Fort Thomas and be just like Thunderbirds." "I want to live, eat, sleep, and breathe Ft. Thomas football and when I die I want my headstone to be in the shape of a bluebird." You got me, T.:banana:[/quote']

You know what....Your right and I am totally wrong. What was I thinking to fall into such a ignorant trap. Good luck sir on whatever agenda you are seeking. I'm out!

Remember an important point: kids are stupid. I know that when I was in high school or college, if we had chanted something outrageous enough that the opposing coach would have come over and berated us, I'd have considered it a victory. I have a t-shirt from when I was at the University of Dayton that says "Marianists Rule, Jesuits Drool." It's not even funny; just something to set one school against the other in the week leading up to the Dayton-Xavier game that year.

That said, I think the students shouldn't chant a slogan, they ought to do a Gregorian Chant. That'll show 'em.

You know what....Your right and I am totally wrong. What was I thinking to fall into such a ignorant trap. Good luck sir on whatever agenda you are seeking. I'm out!

Hey, you're the one that came at me for no reason. If you don't like the thread, don't post. It's as simple as that, but don't come at me with your wanna be bologna and your Highlands football crud. You are very disrespectful.