Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Becca Greenwell

Featured Replies

Got to watch her play a couple of times as a freshman & have followed her progression ever since. The #5 rating is not at all surprising. Good size, very versatile & aggressive without forcing much at all.

 

A friend & I crunched the numbers & felt like she had an outside shot at breaking Walz's all-time Kentucky scoring record.

 

not now...that conversation was the 1st thing I thought of when I heard about it.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not now...that conversation was the 1st thing I thought of when I heard about it.

 

I know you were looking forward to tracking the pursuit as much as I was.

I know you were looking forward to tracking the pursuit as much as I was.

 

I was....hopefully she recovers well and has a great college career.

Becca Greenwell was a guest of UL tonight.

Becca Greenwell was a guest of UL tonight.

 

Any updates on how she is doing with her knee injury? Hope she is doing well and look forward to seeing her play again her senior year.

Unfortunately, I’m about as experienced with female knee injuries as a dad can be with girls who play sports. 5 knee surgeries and a daughter with bilateral ACL reconstructions. There are many different reasons why it is happening more; femoral channels of the knees are more narrow, the pressure of the female anatomy puts more pressure on the knees, they play more, jump higher, run faster, dive more and yes, play a lot more. They don’t shut down and let the body rest, which is what they need to do for a period of time; they go from spring competitive season, to summer high school season, to open gyms and then to the fall/winter high school season. Repeat. I think another factor is that they don’t play as many sports and focus on one. If you play different sports, you use different muscles which strengthen certain muscles through different movements. How many 3 and 4 sport high school letterwomen do you see these days? Not many. Prevention and strengthening help but I don’t know if we’ll see a decrease anytime soon.

Unfortunately, I’m about as experienced with female knee injuries as a dad can be with girls who play sports. 5 knee surgeries and a daughter with bilateral ACL reconstructions. There are many different reasons why it is happening more; femoral channels of the knees are more narrow, the pressure of the female anatomy puts more pressure on the knees, they play more, jump higher, run faster, dive more and yes, play a lot more. They don’t shut down and let the body rest, which is what they need to do for a period of time; they go from spring competitive season, to summer high school season, to open gyms and then to the fall/winter high school season. Repeat. I think another factor is that they don’t play as many sports and focus on one. If you play different sports, you use different muscles which strengthen certain muscles through different movements. How many 3 and 4 sport high school letterwomen do you see these days? Not many. Prevention and strengthening help but I don’t know if we’ll see a decrease anytime soon.

 

Completely agree with your comments. Couldn't have said it better myself.

My grandaughter, who is a junior, tore her ACL this season and is on her way to recovery. She also has lettered in soccer and in track. Her track team has won three state championships in Ky. So this indicates that if it is going to happen, it will happen.

A couple of other things why females have higher possibility of tearing their ACL are hormones and their hip to knee relationship. It is called a Q angle and the greater the Q angle the higher chance of tearing the ACL.

My grandaughter, who is a junior, tore her ACL this season and is on her way to recovery. She also has lettered in soccer and in track. Her track team has won three state championships in Ky. So this indicates that if it is going to happen, it will happen.

 

Good luck to your grandaughter on a fast and complete recovery. However, I still agree with what D-Series had to say.

 

Any updates on Becca and how she is doing? Anyone? :idunno:

I read on Twitter that Greenwell has narrowed her college choices to two: Duke & Notre Dame.

I read on Twitter that Greenwell has narrowed her college choices to two: Duke & Notre Dame.

 

Too bad, I was hoping she would be going to Kentucky. Always nice to get a chance to watch Ky kids close to home and especially at UK. I hope she chooses Notre Dame. Either way I wish her the best of luck no matter where she chooses.

  • Author
Too bad, I was hoping she would be going to Kentucky. Always nice to get a chance to watch Ky kids close to home and especially at UK. I hope she chooses Notre Dame. Either way I wish her the best of luck no matter where she chooses.

 

Was Kentucky ever in the conversation?

I hear it i Notre Dame.

  • Author

Does anyone know if Owensboro Catholic plays any games this season in Northern/Central Ky area? Would like opportunity to see Becca play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.