Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Becca Greenwell

Featured Replies

Read in Jody Demlings article where she was injured Sunday while playing, but didn't give any details of injury. Wondered if anyone had any info.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it's a torn ACL.

I understand it's a torn ACL.

 

Correct. Out for her junior year.

Horrible news. That young lady can flat play.

 

#5 in the country in one rating service.

#5 in the country in one rating service.

 

Got to watch her play a couple of times as a freshman & have followed her progression ever since. The #5 rating is not at all surprising. Good size, very versatile & aggressive without forcing much at all.

 

A friend & I crunched the numbers & felt like she had an outside shot at breaking Walz's all-time Kentucky scoring record.

#5 in the country in one rating service.

 

#5 of juniors or #5 of all high schoolers?

#5 of juniors or #5 of all high schoolers?

 

No. 5 in the Class of 2013 (juniors) by Hoopgurlz.

Greenwell will be stronger after her rehab than she was before the injury.

This is horrible news for such a great player. I hope she comes back a lot stronger for her senior year.

Sad to hear it, but on the positive side of things, she still has a bright future ahead of her. I stumbled upon a story about her injury and how her team was still honored despite losing in the semifinals of the FIBA 3-on-3 Youth World Championship and had to finish the game with just two players after Greenwell's injury and another teammate being out before the game started. http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/U-S-girls-squad-gets-honorary-medals-after-hero?urn=highschool-wp5777&active_dimension=carousel_ept_sports_prep_rally&ysp_frm_woah=1

I have a thought on injuries in general. Does boys and girls (espically girls) play to much basketball these days. With all of the AAU and tournaments basketball is a year round sport. I help with Mason County boys and girls programs and Mason and as I remember Mason has has zero ACL on the boys and about 7 or eight girls over the years. A doctor told me once that girls knees are just not built to take that pounding year after year. The better the player the more you play. I just believe kids need more downtime in their lives.

 

That said, I was deeply saddened by hearing the news of the Greenwell injury. I have seen her play in the Class A and she is a great player. I keep stats on the Class A tourney and just about a week before the injury I looked at the points and thought she had a shot at the most points ever in the tourney. I was looking forward to see what she would score this year. The injury is a tough one but it will make her stronger and looking foreard to a great senior year and an outstanding senior season. Good Luck!!!!!

  • Author

Excellent article and video, what a way to respond to adversity.

  • Author
Excellent article and video, what a way to respond to adversity.

referring to statmanhensley's post

I have a thought on injuries in general. Does boys and girls (espically girls) play to much basketball these days. With all of the AAU and tournaments basketball is a year round sport. I help with Mason County boys and girls programs and Mason and as I remember Mason has has zero ACL on the boys and about 7 or eight girls over the years. A doctor told me once that girls knees are just not built to take that pounding year after year. The better the player the more you play. I just believe kids need more downtime in their lives.

 

That said, I was deeply saddened by hearing the news of the Greenwell injury. I have seen her play in the Class A and she is a great player. I keep stats on the Class A tourney and just about a week before the injury I looked at the points and thought she had a shot at the most points ever in the tourney. I was looking forward to see what she would score this year. The injury is a tough one but it will make her stronger and looking foreard to a great senior year and an outstanding senior season. Good Luck!!!!!

Having a daughter that tore both ACL's in high school, the orthopedic surgeons told us that a lot of it is genetic (boys or girls). I'm not a doctor but I believe that the way it was described to us is that many girl's bone structure surrounding the ACL is shaped like a "V" (creating a very tight space for the ACL to move). With most boys, the bone structure surrounding the ACL is shaped like a "U" (giving more space for the ACL to move and not be as prone to tear). I hope I'm presenting this in a way that makes sense.

 

By the way, The daughter that tore both ACL's in high school was named the Ohio Valley Conference Volleyball player of the week last week.

 

 

 

Miss Greenwell will be fine. Good luck to her and the rest of the Owensboro Catholic team!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.