Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 2011/2012

Featured Replies

I don't think Montgomery and Pendleton will be in the regional finals this coming season.

 

So who is your pick?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison lost one player in PG Eric Sanders and is returning everyone else. The majority of Harrison Co returnees are basketball only and still have a bitter taste from Pendleton Co. winning the district last year. HC has been preparing for the upcoming season since the Monday after the state basketball tourney. I've heard from a reliable source that open gyms have been nasty at HC. Great competition and spirited!!

Harrison lost one player in PG Eric Sanders and is returning everyone else. The majority of Harrison Co returnees are basketball only and still have a bitter taste from Pendleton Co. winning the district last year. HC has been preparing for the upcoming season since the Monday after the state basketball tourney. I've heard from a reliable source that open gyms have been nasty at HC. Great competition and spirited!!

 

I promise the same can be said about Pendleton County, with the exception that they lost a little more. I guarantee their open gyms have been insane, and I know that the boys were in the gym working on their game two days after their loss to Clark County last year. They got a taste of what it's like to be on that big stage last year, and they've been craving it ever since.

 

Should make for an interesting 38th District!

Harrison lost one player in PG Eric Sanders and is returning everyone else. The majority of Harrison Co returnees are basketball only and still have a bitter taste from Pendleton Co. winning the district last year. HC has been preparing for the upcoming season since the Monday after the state basketball tourney. I've heard from a reliable source that open gyms have been nasty at HC. Great competition and spirited!!

 

So who will play PG for Harrison? Sanders was their only real ball handler.

Scott Kendall will be a junior and may be the favorite to play point and look for Caleb Ford or Dillon Pulliam to also play some point.

Scott Kendall will be a junior and may be the favorite to play point and look for Caleb Ford or Dillon Pulliam to also play some point.

 

Too many points!

I concur that Pendleton County will be a tough out come March and should have a great regular season as well.

 

Having been to the regional finals, and having knocked off a primary contender last year will go far with the confidence and experience of the Cats this year.

I'm a huge fan of Mason Monroe and wish he and the Wildcats success this season.

 

Agree, when they knocked off Mason Co...when many already had them winning and in the finals...will be a big confidence booster for the Wildcats.

Scott Kendall will be a junior and may be the favorite to play point and look for Caleb Ford or Dillon Pulliam to also play some point.

 

It seems to be an issue for some concern if you only lose one player but have no idea who will play pg. If they figure out that spot, that will be very dangerous.

It seems to be an issue for some concern if you only lose one player but have no idea who will play pg. If they figure out that spot, that will be very dangerous.

 

Harrison will be very dangerous and will have multiple players at each position. Kendall has attended multiple camps and has put on weight and strength.

Back to Pendleton County, any word on how their open gym's have been? Or what their depth off the bench will look like?

What does thier schedule look like this year? More competitive?

Back to Pendleton County, any word on how their open gym's have been? Or what their depth off the bench will look like?

 

Their open gyms have been crazy competitive from what I hear. Guys diving all over the place, and going harder than they ever have. Like i said, they got a taste of the Region spotlight last year, and they're all on the same page. They won't let anyone outwork them in the weight room or in practice.

 

I would assume that Junior Guard Garrett Appleman and Junior Guard/ Forward Jackson Strong would be the first two players off the bench. Senior Erik Singleton, Junior Forward Andrew Antrobus and Junior Guard Mackenzie Colvin should also contribute off the bench. They may lack depth in the post.

What does thier schedule look like this year? More competitive?

 

From KHSAA I see that they host CovCath and Holmes, and travel to Lexington Catholic. These are all new match-ups for them. They travel to Mason County and Montgomery County, and host Bishop Brossart for 10th Region Match-ups. I believe they're playing in two relatively tough Christmas schedules, but I can't find them posted anywhere.

I saw them play at the TMC team camp earlier in the Summer and other than Monroe they struggled to put up points. I assume the conversations above about who fills that role may be the key to their success although I would agree they're in the top 5 in the Region. Brossart is this year's sleeper, young but very talented and big.

Their open gyms have been crazy competitive from what I hear. Guys diving all over the place, and going harder than they ever have. Like i said, they got a taste of the Region spotlight last year, and they're all on the same page. They won't let anyone outwork them in the weight room or in practice.

 

I would assume that Junior Guard Garrett Appleman and Junior Guard/ Forward Jackson Strong would be the first two players off the bench. Senior Erik Singleton, Junior Forward Andrew Antrobus and Junior Guard Mackenzie Colvin should also contribute off the bench. They may lack depth in the post.

 

Junior Jackson Strong is no longer on the team, so I guess that means he won't be a contributor off the bench for Pendleton County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.