Highlands vs. Kenton County All star team- who would win?

NKY Bandit

After watching the beating delivered to Dixie last night, wondering if a combined DH, Scott and SK all star team could hang with the mighty Bluebirds for a full four quarters. I can't include CovCath or Beechwood- they are clearly the best two teams in the county. Not seen Scott yet but based on history and the dud by SK last week and the two by Dixie....I think the 'Birds win an easy one.

Now, what happens vs. a Boone County all star team? :idunno:

HHS vs. Kenton Co. Or Boone Co. All-stars has so many Ifs.

1. Who coaches these teams?

2. Does Boone have a healthy Travis Elliot?

3. Why not include CCH and Beechwood? They are in Kenton Co. Or was it Kenton Co. Schools?

4. Would the hypothetical game take place during the reg. Season or the typical all-star game window?

5. Are only current Highlands players allowed to play?

6. Would Pike be the QB for the Kenton all-stars?

These thoughts are based on NKY, not just Kenton County,

1. The coaches would be comprised of the head coaches of the Top 5 ranked teams in Kenton County, disregarding Highlands of course.

2. Assume all players are available.

3. Include CCH and BW.

4. Play the game in Week -1. Yes, that's the week before Week 0. The players not participating in the All-Star game can continue with their regular scrimmages.

5. Current players only.

6. Pike probably would be one of the QBs but not the only QB. Bir of CCH would be fine.

Additional:

7. Play the game at Thomas More so it's on a neutral site.

8. Play the game every year with the defending No.1 ranked team playing the All-Stars similar to what the NFL used to do.

These questions are impossible to answer. It depends on how well the team gelled, what type of offense/defense and who the coach was. If Spritzky(sp) is the HC, then Highlands wins no doubt in my mind. This "All-Star" team may have more talent than Highlands, but I'll take good coaching, fundamentals, and community support any day.

These questions are impossible to answer. It depends on how well the team gelled, what type of offense/defense and who the coach was. If Spritzky(sp) is the HC, then Highlands wins no doubt in my mind. This "All-Star" team may have more talent than Highlands, but I'll take good coaching, fundamentals, and community support any day.

Funny thing is Spritzky is one of two active head coaches in NKY who actually has beaten Highlands.

Funny, CCH and Beechwood being in kenton co. not being able to count them. Guess the thread title is misleading!

So are Holmes, Holy Cross and Ludlow, but it's not a gang war. ;-)

CovCath and Beechwood are competent programs that have shown the ability to stand on their own with Highlands. We know they can play football. Count up the number of wins that Dixie, Scott and SK have against Highlands since 1979. 1? 2?

Considering it would be an All Star team and you don't have much time with the players to coach them I would go with Highlands.

This is an open forum and I respect everyone's right to chat about whatever they like within the rules but this thread... Really!?!?!?