Murray goes for 30 straight regular season wins next Friday Night But........

Toothpick

Murray QB, I think Deese is his name, has tremendous speed, he made Calloway Co. look very slow, but it will be very difficult for Murray to beat Mayfield at Home, the one thing that Murray has in their favor is Mayfield could possibly have a small letdown after the huge win over Paducah Tilghman.

Hey, if the rest of you across the state hear a loud screeching noise and feel the earth tremble next Friday....do not fear. Do not turn on Fox News or tune into the weather channel to see if Kentucky has joined the group of states experiencing a natural disaster. It is that 30 game regular season unbeaten streak of Murray's running into the Cardinal defense.

Just my dramatic way of saying that I firmly believe that Mayfield will deliver an epic whoopin'.:clap:

I just wished they had worked out a two-game series in 2009 and 2010. That would have been fun to watch.

I agree with that. Murray was hard to almost impossible to stop against the run with all 11 players lined up between the hash marks. They came very, very close in spoiling FC's undeafted season in '09. I think it is safe to say that the 2A championship game was played that evening in Murray.

When you lose about 58 out of 60 games in about a 45 yr period it makes Murray a little gun shy about them playing us. Last time they played was 06 and Mayfield had a 50 something pt lead and it started raining, Murray's coach took them off the field and forfeited the rest of the game.
I understand, but as a coach, you know when you are going to have THAT class come through that people hang their hat on. With the change of coaches, Murray knew what they had coming up. Of course, the scheduling grid doesn't do anyone any favors when trying to keep rivals on the schedule either.

I think Murray would have beaten Mayfield in 2009. I think the Cardinals would have won last year.

Both parties agree that Murray wasn't ducking Mayfield, but the scheduling grid, etc., hasn't worked as well as its supporters thought it would. Murray certainly isn't ducking the Cardinals because they knew they wouldn't be all that strong in 2010 and 2011.

When you lose about 58 out of 60 games in about a 45 yr period it makes Murray a little gun shy about them playing us. Last time they played was 06 and Mayfield had a 50 something pt lead and it started raining, Murray's coach took them off the field and forfeited the rest of the game.
Murray has a different coach now, too ... I don't think you can hold him accountable for the actions of his predecessors.

Exactly. It was Fisher that didn't want to play Mayfield.. The coach there now was handcuffed with his scheduling his 1st couple of years due to already having signed contracts with teams. I assure you, he would have loved to have beefed up his schedule the last 2 years, just not alot of chances to do it. He's trying to step it up and playing Mayfield this year is an example of that. I agree Nurray would have given Mayfield fits in 2009, although not sure they would have beaten them, but, would have been a great game. Last year, Mayfield would have probably beaten them, but, would have still given them a good strong test, for sure. This year, I think Mayfield beats them, but, not so sure it'll be as bad as most think. I could see a score similar to the PT score this week. Even though they're down from what they were the last 2 years, they're still a pretty solid 2a team...