Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drafting Help Needed - QB

Featured Replies

The real question is when do you pick in the draft. There are less than a handful of QB's that are worthy of taking in the first round of a draft IMO. Rodgers is number 1 and Vick number 2 in my book. As for your three choices, Rivers is definitely the best option, but I could live with Ryan as well. Romo is a late round pick at best if I am picking. There are plently of quarterbacks that are much better than him.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The real question is when do you pick in the draft. There are less than a handful of QB's that are worthy of taking in the first round of a draft IMO. Rodgers is number 1 and Vick number 2 in my book. As for your three choices, Rivers is definitely the best option, but I could live with Ryan as well. Romo is a late round pick at best if I am picking. There are plently of quarterbacks that are much better than him.

 

10 Team League

 

I got Rivers with the 3rd pick in Round 3.

The real question is when do you pick in the draft. There are less than a handful of QB's that are worthy of taking in the first round of a draft IMO. Rodgers is number 1 and Vick number 2 in my book. As for your three choices, Rivers is definitely the best option, but I could live with Ryan as well. Romo is a late round pick at best if I am picking. There are plently of quarterbacks that are much better than him.

 

Classic Romo hater. Given his averages thru six games, Romo was on pace for 4280 yards and 29TDs last season and he was injured in the 1st quarter of the 6th game.

Classic Romo hater. Given his averages thru six games, Romo was on pace for 4280 yards and 29TDs last season and he was injured in the 1st quarter of the 6th game.

 

:thumb: He was carrying my team last year till he got hurt.

  • Author
:thumb: He was carrying my team last year till he got hurt.

 

No wonder he got hurt. That was one ugly team.

No wonder he got hurt. That was one ugly team.

 

It was beyond ugly.

Some jackball took Brady. Man I hate that guy.

 

 

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Why is everyone so afraid of Manning, its not like he will be out for the season.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Why is everyone so afraid of Manning, its not like he will be out for the season.

 

Timing and what not. Some say it'll take a few weeks to get into a groove with his receivers, and it's not for sure that he'll even be back with the team at any certain time. Could be week 1, could be week 4. No one really knows.

  • Author
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Why is everyone so afraid of Manning, its not like he will be out for the season.

 

I don't know, but he's still available in Round 3. But you know it's a different kind of draft when someone takes Brees with the 4th overall pick. Thanks for your donation Free Beer Tomorrow.

The real question is when do you pick in the draft. There are less than a handful of QB's that are worthy of taking in the first round of a draft IMO. Rodgers is number 1 and Vick number 2 in my book. As for your three choices, Rivers is definitely the best option, but I could live with Ryan as well. Romo is a late round pick at best if I am picking. There are plently of quarterbacks that are much better than him.

 

Not in fantasy football...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Why is everyone so afraid of Manning, its not like he will be out for the season.

 

I'm not sure people are afraid of him, but there are some concerns. That's enough to drop him a little lower in the elite QB group. Rodgers, Brady, Rivers and Brees come in healthy and playing at their usual high level, so I'd take all of them before Manning. Romo is coming off injury, so I'd probably rate him below Manning. Vick is a different case...he's an injury risk for sure, but his upside changes the equation. He could potentially be the most dominant player in fantasy football, so that one comes down to who is willing to take the risk in hopes of reaping the rewards.

Really depends on value. The NFL has become a passing league and the days of RB/RB drafting are becoming extinct. You are going to have to pay a pretty penny for Rivers since his ADP is around 30. I really wanted him in a draft this past weekend but he went 23 and I had the 25th pick. Guy is an animal, I believe he had 9 TDs over 40 yards and that was with a makeshift Wr group. Once the stud Qbs are gone you have Romo. He could put up top 5 numbers and I think he's a great value pick. Load up base and top it off with a very good fantasy QB. You could get Ryan in the 6th or 7th and still have a very good player but after the top five you could pick a few QBs and lose nothing at all.

 

Rivers: If you have faith in your drafting skills take him and enjoy more than a few huge weeks that he could win without a ton of production from the rest of your lineup.

Romo: Tons of tools to utilize and a much better fantasy QB than an actual QB. Grab four studs and grab him in the 5th.

Ryan: If your not an owner who drafts a QB high he will be one of many options you have that should keep you in plenty of games.

Romo's pace projected over a full season would have placed him third among fantasy QB's. For fantasy purposes, I think he's in the top tier. Near the bottom, but still there. If I were ranking fantasy QB's, I'd go something like this.

 

1. Michael Vick - risk/reward, but his upside is second-to-none

2. Aaron Rodgers - his rushing ability bumps him ahead of the others, IMO

3. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers - I view these guys all about the same, its a matter of preference

 

6. Peyton Manning - questions about his neck surgery drop him out of the previous group this season

7. Tony Romo - may not be on this level in real football, but in fantasy he always produces big numbers

I heard some ESPN fantasy expert on Mike and Mike this morning. Someone asked about QB's. His answer was the #1 QB is Michael Vick if healthy and he talked like it wasn't close. I can't remember the exact numbers but he said the year Tom Brady threw 50 TD passes, he generated something like 350 fantasy points in their system. Last year Michael Vick generated 449 points. Maybe 5wide heard the same guy because he said there is a risk/reward issue with Vick due to the risk of injury. His response there was if Vick misses 4 games due to injury and you get stuck playing a backup, that combo of 12 games Vick/4 games backup will still be the #1 QB. He also said that Andy Reed's offense is almost always a top 10 offense. That fantasy guy is going to be on Mike and Mike again tomorrow. He was very sharp. I recommend any fantasy player listen in.

I heard some ESPN fantasy expert on Mike and Mike this morning. Someone asked about QB's. His answer was the #1 QB is Michael Vick if healthy and he talked like it wasn't close. I can't remember the exact numbers but he said the year Tom Brady threw 50 TD passes, he generated something like 350 fantasy points in their system. Last year Michael Vick generated 449 points. Maybe 5wide heard the same guy because he said there is a risk/reward issue with Vick due to the risk of injury. His response there was if Vick misses 4 games due to injury and you get stuck playing a backup, that combo of 12 games Vick/4 games backup will still be the #1 QB. He also said that Andy Reed's offense is almost always a top 10 offense. That fantasy guy is going to be on Mike and Mike again tomorrow. He was very sharp. I recommend any fantasy player listen in.

 

I didn't hear what you're talking about, but I'm guessing it was Christopher Harris or Matthew Berry. I can't remember which one, but he wrote an article on ESPN's fantasy section arguing Vick as #1 with those same stats.

 

The thing is, people talk about how defenses adjusted and slowed him down and he wasn't as effective down the stretch so he won't be that good this year...well, that may be true for real football, but here's what I saw as a fantasy owner from Weeks 9-16.

 

27 - 52 - 23 - 26 - 31 - 24 - 41 - 27

 

Even if the turnovers go up, I still think he's going to give me 20+ points almost every time he's in the lineup. His worst fantasy week when he played the majority of a game was in Week One against Green Bay when he scored 22 points. His worst week over a 16 game season would be 352 total points. I'll take the risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.