New UC Helmets

Big Slick

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Hank don't really pay much attention to people from the concrete jungle campus. Nice safe place!!:clap::clap::popcorn:

Your ignorance is becoming pretty impressive. Apparently you have been on the UC campus in over a decade. Good try though. Next...

Watch the news...... nice crime rate. Actually have overseen projects there in the last 5 yrs., wouldn't let my kids think about that so called school. Of course my kids are smarter than than that. Been to a real campus such as ND or is it too far away from mom and dad.

With a crime rate of 72 per one thousand residents, South Bend has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within Indiana, more than 98% of the communities have a lower crime rate than South Bend.

Separately, it is always interesting and important to compare a city's crime rate with those of similarly sized communities - a fair comparison as larger cities tend to have more crime. NeighborhoodScout has done just that. With a population of 107,789, South Bend has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size. Regardless of whether South Bend does well or poorly compared to all other cities and towns in the US of all sizes, compared to places with a similar population, it fares badly. Few other communities of this size have a crime rate as high as South Bend.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/in/south-bend/crime/#description

Swing and a miss... :lol:

Watch the news...... nice crime rate. Actually have overseen projects there in the last 5 yrs., wouldn't let my kids think about that so called school. Of course my kids are smarter than than that. Been to a real campus such as ND or is it too far away from mom and dad.

Come on now..."so called school"?? Sure, UC isn't ranked amongst the most elite of schools like Notre Dame, but it is ranked in the top 20% of all the 4-year colleges in the United States. Plus, it's not a private university drawing money from the high-profile graduates it has accrued, it's a public university drawing state money and it's in a relatively small metro area (not that ND isn't in a small metro area...but as far as the public universities go, UC isn't in a boom-town).

UC is, among other things, the #6 ranked architecture school in the United States, and one of the top 50 med schools in the Unites States. Sure, Notre Dame is a fantastic school in pretty much every aspect, but for those of us who don't light our cigars with hundred dollar bills, it may not be an option. If you wouldn't even let your kids even think about UC, then I'd say you're being a rather dense.

Come on now..."so called school"?? Sure, UC isn't ranked amongst the most elite of schools like Notre Dame, but it is ranked in the top 20% of all the 4-year colleges in the United States. Plus, it's not a private university drawing money from the high-profile graduates it has accrued, it's a public university drawing state money and it's in a relatively small metro area (not that ND isn't in a small metro area...but as far as the public universities go, UC isn't in a boom-town).

UC is, among other things, the #6 ranked architecture school in the United States, and one of the top 50 med schools in the Unites States. Sure, Notre Dame is a fantastic school in pretty much every aspect, but for those of us who don't light our cigars with hundred dollar bills, it may not be an option. If you wouldn't even let your kids even think about UC, then I'd say you're being a rather dense.

The safety of my children always comes first. It's as simple as that. Pick a school, it would be more secure. Not necessarily just ND. Wouldn't let them attend louisville as well. Send me a list of the top 5 architecture schools and I would be glad to pick one. No beef with you Blue Colonel but jugghead is blocked.