UL Offers Two 'Ville Kids

Clyde

What positions do they play & from what high school(s) are they?

Both are guards. Snyder goes to Ballard. Not sure what school Russell attends. Russell is about 6'3. Snyder seems to be about 6'0.

Two members of the Louisville Magic, Quentin Snider(Ballard) and D'Angelo Russell(Central) both picked offers from Louisville on unofficial visits yesterday. Two more Louisville Magic teammates, Jordan Green(Henry Clay) and Trey Grundy(Henry Clay) are believed to be taking unofficial visits on Friday. All are members of the 2014 class.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/

When I was at the adidas Invitational, Pitino and an assistant were at the Louisville Magic/Chicago Meanstreets game I attended.

^ As you said, Snyder goes to Ballard. Russell is from Louisville Central. They both play on the Louisville Magic AAU team that had its way with teams at the AUU U-15 championships earlier this summer. FWIW, the Magic are coached by former UofL player Ellis Myles. Myles has said two more of his players -- Trey Grundy and Jordan Green from Henry Clay -- are going to make visits to UofL this week.

I'm not wild about offering 15-year-olds, but when they're hometown kids that you want to make sure you get the early inroads on, it only makes sense.

^ As you said, Snyder goes to Ballard. Russell is from Louisville Central. They both play on the Louisville Magic AAU team that had its way with teams at the AUU U-15 championships earlier this summer. FWIW, the Magic are coached by former UofL player Ellis Myles. Myles has said two more of his players -- Trey Grundy and Jordan Green from Henry Clay -- are going to make visits to UofL this week.

I'm not wild about offering 15-year-olds, but when they're hometown kids that you want to make sure you get the early inroads on, it only makes sense.

1. I'm not a big fan of Ellis' antics on the sideline.

2. XU has offered Russell as well.

Two members of the Louisville Magic, Quentin Snider(Ballard) and D'Angelo Russell(Central) both picked offers from Louisville on unofficial visits yesterday. Two more Louisville Magic teammates, Jordan Green(Henry Clay) and Trey Grundy(Henry Clay) are believed to be taking unofficial visits on Friday. All are members of the 2014 class.

When I was at the adidas Invitational, Pitino and an assistant were at the Louisville Magic/Chicago Meanstreets game I attended.

I have seen all of them play but Russell, been told he is the best of the 4 you mentioned. What is your take on them?

I have seen all of them play but Russell, been told he is the best of the 4 you mentioned. What is your take on them?

I love them all. They are all very talented. I follow them on twitter and everything.:lol:

I don't know if I am qualified enough to say what makes each one so good and why each one is so good. When you watch the Magic play you know you are watching a special group of kids. They all love playing the game. They all excel at playing the game. I can't think of a bad thing to say about any of them. I expect a Ky sweep of Indiana with this group of kids in 2014.:D Especially when you add Hatton, Davis, Hall and others into the mix. I do think the most underrated of them is Christen Cunningham. He seems to be just as talented as the others but isn't as tall as the others. He'll be great at Scott County.

Per Jody Demling's twitter, Snider verbaled tonight to Louisville.

I saw that. Clyde actually started this same thread in the College Basketball forum and he started a Q verbaled thread also. Can you merge this thread with Clyde's for us Goldie?:D Please and thank you.:notworthy:

I love them all. They are all very talented. I follow them on twitter and everything.:lol:

I don't know if I am qualified enough to say what makes each one so good and why each one is so good. When you watch the Magic play you know you are watching a special group of kids. They all love playing the game. They all excel at playing the game. I can't think of a bad thing to say about any of them. I expect a Ky sweep of Indiana with this group of kids in 2014.:D Especially when you add Hatton, Davis, Hall and others into the mix. I do think the most underrated of them is Christen Cunningham. He seems to be just as talented as the others but isn't as tall as the others. He'll be great at Scott County.

He is not going to Scott County. I heard he was going to Henry Clay, but I don't know if that is official. I guess Henry Clay started today, so somebody might know. I know he didn't start at Scott County yesterday and didn't play all summer with them.

Always thrilled to see KY kids get a chance at the next level, particularly at a respected program like Louisville; but is Pitino really pinning most of his hopes for the future on a single Louisville AAU team??

Always thrilled to see KY kids get a chance at the next level, particularly at a respected program like Louisville; but is Pitino really pinning most of his hopes for the future on a single Louisville AAU team??

He's said that he's only bringing in two players next year so I think he's banking on having a lot of scholarships available for that class.