Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Central 2011

Featured Replies

What does McCreary Central need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC has some good players coming back. They have Tyson Williams, Dylan Barnett, Arlis Dople, Noah Duncan and the Musgrove kid that all Started one game or more as Freshman, This was the 7-4 season. These kids will be Juniors now . The Skilled people will be very good and with the new district and a favorable schedule could have a very good year.

It will be interesting to see how McCreary Central compares with Casey and Wayne in their district. One has to expect Bell and Corbin to be 1-2, but it could be an interesting race for the final two playoff spots.

It will be interesting to see how McCreary Central compares with Casey and Wayne in their district. One has to expect Bell and Corbin to be 1-2, but it could be an interesting race for the final two playoff spots.

 

I agree, Wayne, Casey and McCreary should be about even.:banana:

Wayne, in my opinion, will be a clear favorite for that third place spot. Casey has a new coach and lost several good players.

Wayne, in my opinion, will be a clear favorite for that third place spot. Casey has a new coach and lost several good players.

 

I think the Wayne - McCreary game will be a War. Two years ago McCreary beat Wayne Co. pretty good and the JV. beat them Twice. Last year McCreary did not play well and Wayne Co. won pretty good. This year the game should be at McCreary and several of these players played on the team that beat Wayne 2 years ago. Go Raiders!!!!!

I am excited for the season to start. I truely believe that McCreary has an excellent opportunity to atleast match their best season ever. They are loaded with athletes and experience and as was said earlier they have a favorable schedule. I think the key for the Raiders will be offensive line play and how well the defense performs. The Raiders O-line will be relatively young as experience goes so it will be up to the coaching staff to coach them up and have them ready to perform. Defense has always been the weak-link in McCreary football and I am not sure why. Even the years I coached it seemed we had to just out score our opponents because we had a hard time stopping them. We have good athletes and they are aggressive but defense doesn't come natural to them and it seems everyone always just wanted to play offense. So, getting the Raiders to have a defensive frame of mind and pitch a few shut-outs will be another key to their success. So in review: O-line and defense is the two big keys and if the Raiders get both of those things lined out every one should watch out because the Raiders will be capable of winning many games. My prediction is 5-5 at worse and 8-2 at best with a good shot to return to the playoffs! Good Luck Raiders its time to pack your lunch and go to work!

Edited by HouseofPain
grammar and spelling.

It all starts at the LOS for all football teams,McCreary is no different, you have to have certain mind set to play on the o-line or d-line,you have to be selfless and come off the ball with a bad attitude every snap,that being said i hope McCreary has a good year,guys you have it in you to be very good.

MC has some good players coming back. They have Tyson Williams, Dylan Barnett, Arlis Dople, Noah Duncan and the Musgrove kid that all Started one game or more as Freshman, This was the 7-4 season. These kids will be Juniors now . The Skilled people will be very good and with the new district and a favorable schedule could have a very good year.

 

CELL, this is very encouraging to hear. I wish the Raiders the best!

CELL, this is very encouraging to hear. I wish the Raiders the best!

 

Thank You, we need a fast start so the Taylor County game is so important. Win that one then on to Pineville. Pineville is a winnable game and we got our fast start.

CELL I saw their schedule on KHSAA. It looks like they could have a solid season. You are right a good start builds confidence the rest of the season. There is no reason the Raiders can't compete for the third spot in their district, maybe even second. Corbin is tough but why not?

CELL I saw their schedule on KHSAA. It looks like they could have a solid season. You are right a good start builds confidence the rest of the season. There is no reason the Raiders can't compete for the third spot in their district, maybe even second. Corbin is tough but why not?

 

I agree, they have a schedule that 8 games are winnable and when you win 8 who knowes you may slip up on a Big One. Looking FWD to season.

I agree, they have a schedule that 8 games are winnable and when you win 8 who knowes you may slip up on a Big One. Looking FWD to season.

 

I am a die hard colonel but I do pull for my next door neighbors in Sterns. I really do hope they can keep going in the right direction. They have been much improved the last four to five years. Hopefully last year was just a bump in the road. Good Luck Raider Nation.

Good luck to the Raiders during the 2011 season. I wish you all the best.

Good luck to the Raiders during the 2011 season. I wish you all the best.
Same to the Rock and all their fans.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.