Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 2011

Featured Replies

What does Mason County need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Highlands has typically had some pretty good 7 on 7's with Mason County during the summer. I wonder since they're playing each other this year if that will continue for this summer?

They (Mason) will be the surprise of their class.

They (Mason) will be the surprise of their class.

 

Would it be a surprise? I expect Mason to be among the top 5 teams in Class 3A, just like they have been for the last several seasons.

No - not a true surprise, but with the right sequence of events; I can see them walking off with the 3A trophy. (And that is a Clark Co guy saying it)

No - not a true surprise, but with the right sequence of events; I can see them walking off with the 3A trophy. (And that is a Clark Co guy saying it)

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the championship game. Certainly they need to stay healthy, something that has killed them in the postseason the last couple of years. But I would be surprised if anyone beats Louisville Central in 3A. But Mason can perhaps give them a run.

Louisville Central is going to be tough to beat. (but not impossible this year). IF Mason can get in their groove in week 6 and start rolliong, the will be hard to stop. But Central will be the battle to fight in the final game. while there are some good teams in 3A. I see Mason and Central and the big players

Who will quarterback the Royals?

^ Good question.

 

In related news, Harry Lewis has returned as an assistant coach.

No - not a true surprise, but with the right sequence of events; I can see them walking off with the 3A trophy. (And that is a Clark Co guy saying it)

 

That would be a surprise. They lost a lot of talent. Both tackles, a guard, center, quarterback, fullback and leading wide receiver on offense. (The fullback had the highest yards per carry average.)

 

The defense lost several linebackers including the leading tackler per game, Carson Gray. (He missed the first two games due to illness and didn't have the most tackles for the season.) The safety, at least one cornerback and a defensive end are gone too.

 

Some of those positions will be filled more easily than others. Several of those graduating seniors are among the best to ever play their positions at Mason County.

 

Coach Buchanan is a good one, but he has a greater challenge in front of him than he's had for 5-6 years.

That would be a surprise. They lost a lot of talent. Both tackles, a guard, center, quarterback, fullback and leading wide receiver on offense. (The fullback had the highest yards per carry average.)

 

The defense lost several linebackers including the leading tackler per game, Carson Gray. (He missed the first two games due to illness and didn't have the most tackles for the season.) The safety, at least one cornerback and a defensive end are gone too.

 

Some of those positions will be filled more easily than others. Several of those graduating seniors are among the best to ever play their positions at Mason County.

 

Coach Buchanan is a good one, but he has a greater challenge in front of him than he's had for 5-6 years.

 

Probably true. There will be growing pains this season.

Probably true. There will be growing pains this season.

 

They play a tough schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they won their district, however. There is some good talent on this team. They just need to fill the holes.

They play a tough schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they won their district, however. There is some good talent on this team. They just need to fill the holes.

 

That could be an interesting race with Mason, Russell, and perhaps West Carter. I suspect Mason County is the district favorite but those should be good ballgames.

That could be an interesting race with Mason, Russell, and perhaps West Carter. I suspect Mason County is the district favorite but those should be good ballgames.

 

West Carter graduated nearly their entire team, literally. Also, they have lost another projected starter to Bath County. I don't think they will challenge Mason or Russell next year.

West Carter graduated nearly their entire team, literally. Also, they have lost another projected starter to Bath County. I don't think they will challenge Mason or Russell next year.

 

True. I expect West to have a very competitive year this year, but I do think they lost too much all over the field to get by Mason or Russell. If I were guessing I'd pick Mason to win the district, though you can never rule out Russell.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.