Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 4 Covington Catholic 2

Featured Replies

Conner earns a spot in the 9th Region Championship game Friday night. Maines with very nice outing on the mound. Nice win for the Cougars.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch Conner play the more of a fan of Arlo I become. Sometimes intangibles are huge. Congrats to Arlo and the boys.

Bummer for the Colonels. Congrats to the Cougars.

Before we discuss the game I want to give big ups to one of my all-time favorite CCH kids Jack Grosser. Kid loves baseball and he has been a great teammate. Sometimes we simply don't know what is going on in a kid's life but I know that Jack represented himself and the CCH community perfectly in some tough times. I'll miss watching him swing the bat and having fun. My ultimate compliment to a young man is "he's a good boy." Jack is a good boy.

Conner earns a spot in the 9th Region Championship game Friday night. Maines with very nice outing on the mound. Nice win for the Cougars.

 

Maines was outstanding. No power to his game but the kid can locate pitches.

It is good to get hot at the right time. Conner has been playing good ball the last couple of weeks. Congrats to the Cougars on the win.

 

Congrats to the Colonels on a nice "rebuilding" season. "Rebuilding" at CCH still equals 20+ wins and being ranked #1 in the region for a decent part of the year. Young team that will be a top team in the region next year for sure.

It is good to get hot at the right time. Conner has been playing good ball the last couple of weeks. Congrats to the Cougars on the win.

 

Congrats to the Colonels on a nice "rebuilding" season. "Rebuilding" at CCH still equals 20+ wins and being ranked #1 in the region for a decent part of the year. Young team that will be a top team in the region next year for sure.

 

 

The Colonels should hold their heads high and feel great about next season. All teams have stuff to work on. This team is no different and offense is as the top of the list(and baserunning). They return some strong pitching as well.

 

I think they had 28 wins this year.

  • Author

I was very surprised that Krumps left the young freshman in to bat with bases loaded in the 7th. The kid was overmatched and struggled all day with I believe 4 K's. I think I would have taken him down in that spot with the season on the line.

I was very surprised that Krumps left the young freshman in to bat with bases loaded in the 7th. The kid was overmatched and struggled all day with I believe 4 K's. I think I would have taken him down in that spot with the season on the line.

 

In defense of Krumps the team has struggled offensively all year and there are not a lot of bats on the bench. Grosser is the best bat off of the bench and he had already pinch-hit. Hoffer has been hurt and limited to running. In addition, this was a new pitcher so Krumps might have thought it would help the cause for one of the best hitters on the team. The best option had he considered it would have been Adam Shumate who I don't think has a lot of ABs this year but has been successful when he has hit.

The more I watch Conner play the more of a fan of Arlo I become. Sometimes intangibles are huge. Congrats to Arlo and the boys.

 

100% agreement. He is very calm and encouraging and that is contagious. Many coaches just are WAY too uptight about baseball and you have to be relaxed and have fun to do well IMO. Congrats to the Coach Arlo and the Cougars and best wishes in the Championship game. I would love to see Conner take home the prize! Good luck on in the finals!

Hats off to the CCH pitchers in the tourney. They all pitched well enough to advance to the finals.

I do not remember the kid's name but the key for Conner other than the pitcher was the #8 hitter. 2 run-scoring singles from a kid who I do not believe had a strong offensive season.

 

Denny Doyle like.

I was very surprised that Krumps left the young freshman in to bat with bases loaded in the 7th. The kid was overmatched and struggled all day with I believe 4 K's. I think I would have taken him down in that spot with the season on the line.

 

Why? Grant has been a huge part of this CovCath season and was hitting prior to today .396 with a OBP of .455 and Slg average of .538. Maines stuck out Reese three times prior to Brady getting a single in the seventh, so you would have sat Reese too?

 

Clyde the player you mentioned was #12 Hart the Conner 3rd baseman, who had 2 of the 4 RBI's and scored a run.

  • Author
Why? Grant has been a huge part of this CovCath season and was hitting prior to today .396 with a OBP of .455 and Slg average of .538. Maines stuck out Reese three times prior to Brady getting a single in the seventh, so you would have sat Reese too?

 

Clyde the player you mentioned was #12 Hart the Conner 3rd baseman, who had 2 of the 4 RBI's and scored a run.

 

Two reasons: Experience and he was completely overmatched this day. Simply looked liked the water was to deep. I would find it hard to believe that Krumps was not seeing what I was seeing. If I had a senior that could of hit (Shumate) in that situation, I think I would have utilized that option. I saw Krumps come to the umpire and I was shocked to see the freshman stay for his AB.

So how many innings did Maines go and did he start?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.