Conner 7 Dixie 6

Clyde

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice comeback by Dixie to tie the game at 6-6 after being down 6-1 early. Sexton hits a 3 run bomb in the bottom of the sixth to tie it up.

Conner follows in the top of the seventh with a single and 3 walks...the winning run coming on a bases loaded walk with 2 outs.

Conner should be playing minus their left fielder vs CovCath. The kid drops a loud F bomb in the seventh and doesn't get tossed.

The home plate umpire had the "huh what happened? look on his face.

Last year in a similar situation, Dixie's player gets tossed in a blowout game and had to sit the following regional semi-final game. What's the rule?

Can kids just belt out the F-bomb with no penalty? The ump was 4 feet away.

There were 6 runs on Sexton and East walks in one. He should have been pulled after he gave up a hit and two walks. Oh well. He actually did a good job in relief. By the way, where's Sportsfan?

Im right here. I just got back from Freedom in case you were wondering. Yea Dixie got beat and its been and up and down season all year long. Sexton didnt have his A game working today and the Conner hitters took advantage of it. Good job to the Cougars.

Is Sexton's arm healthy? Heard rumor that he's been having some arm issues. Didn't see this game, but told he just didn't look like his normal self.

Congrats to Cougers. Before Cuban Missile reposts my prior prediction about Dixie winning, I've already had my slice of humble pie. I slathered it in A-1 sauce so it wouldn't taste so sour. For the record, though, I was hoping for a Conner win and will be next game also. If Ryle can't play in the region, may as well root for an all-district 33 final of Conner vs. Boone.

Is Sexton's arm healthy? Heard rumor that he's been having some arm issues. Didn't see this game, but told he just didn't look like his normal self.

Congrats to Cougers. Before Cuban Missile reposts my prior prediction about Dixie winning, I've already had my slice of humble pie. I slathered it in A-1 sauce so it wouldn't taste so sour. For the record, though, I was hoping for a Conner win and will be next game also. If Ryle can't play in the region, may as well root for an all-district 33 final of Conner vs. Boone.

I'm not sure. All season he has been wearing a compression sleeve on his throwing arm and even had one on today while he was pitching it looked like.

I havent seen Sexton pitch enough to really compare him to prior outings. He appeared to be throwing hard (82-85 mph according to the radar gun @ Freedom)... he was a bit wild.

And Coop, glad you were able to digest that pie. BTW, I would have to agree that they don't have an ace... We'll see who they run out there on Wednesday :popcorn:

I havent seen Sexton pitch enough to really compare him to prior outings. He appeared to be throwing hard (82-85 mph according to the radar gun @ Freedom)... he was a bit wild.

And Coop, glad you were able to digest that pie. BTW, I would have to agree that they don't have an ace... We'll see who they run out there on Wednesday :popcorn:

Yea I noticed he was pretty wild too. But in all honesty Conner hitters really gave it to Sexton. They hit him quite hard.