Top 5 NKY RB's for the 2011 Season

^ If Dillon Smith can stay healthy, look for a big year out of him. He is getting huge.

Injuries have always been his problem, don't think he has played a full season yet. We are all hoping he is healthy this year, he could play tight end or full back! He also gives us a ton of help on defense too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Travis Elliot - Ryle

2. Seth Bruns - Dixie Heights

3. Cameron Vocke - Beechwood

4. Gabe Gray - Covington Catholic

5. Jake True - Highlands

Thoughts?

I would put SK's Nate Powell in the top 5 he will be a big time stud this year he is around 5'6 180 pounds nothing but muscle he looks like a young Barry Sanders.

I would put SK's Nate Powell in the top 5 he will be a big time stud this year he is around 5'6 180 pounds nothing but muscle he looks like a young Barry Sanders.

Lol...He should be good though...Possibly the next great player in a long history of SK greats, Simpson and Lawrence...

Lol...He should be good though...Possibly the next great player in a long history of SK greats, Simpson and Lawrence...

I seen him at the NKY East/West game he is ripped I could not believe how much muscle he put on he is in better shape than Travis Elliot I seen them both at the game.

• 3 weeks later...
Lloyds running game is going to cause alot of problems for teams who are underestimating them. Its been along time since Lloyd has had a backfield with this much talent!

Skill positions have never been Lloyd's problem. What will their D be like? It's tough to run the ball when you are down by 2 TDs.

Skill positions have never been Lloyd's problem. What will their D be like? It's tough to run the ball when you are down by 2 TDs.

7 or 8 returning starters that I know of, kinda of tough to tell without seeing them in equipment but I have been hearing running a 3-3-5.

Write it down, Harris will be on the offensive side of the ball and likely be back there with Jake. He and True will form a nice duo back there with Towles. Seidl will probably rotate in there as well, you gotta get the ball in Colin's hands as well with his speed. But to be honest, I think the Birds end up throwing the ball 70% of the time and Towles will likely run the ball a lot as well. Might not be that many touches to get running between the tackles for those guys.

Seidl will be a breakout star in the backfield. I agree that the Birds will pass 2/3rds of the time against weaker foes, but will pound the ground against stronger teams. 3rd down conversion ratio's will be the key to the predominate offense we end up seeing on the field. On those 3rd's I see Seidl and Towles being the go to's.

Seidl will be a breakout star in the backfield. I agree that the Birds will pass 2/3rds of the time against weaker foes' date=' but will pound the ground against stronger teams. 3rd down conversion ratio's will be the key to the predominate offense we end up seeing on the field. On those 3rd's I see Seidl and Towles being the go to's.[/quote']

I think Soph Zach Harris will be getting the football more than you think in 2011. He may not start the game but it won't be long into the game before he is carrying the load. JMO!!!!

I think Soph Zach Harris will be getting the football more than you think in 2011. He may not start the game but it won't be long into the game before he is carrying the load. JMO!!!!

I honestly don't see a soph carrying the load, or better yet, having an impact against a team like Elder. This Bluebird schedule is stacked......few cupcakes. IMO, he's still too green for these animals. Not sure how the offensive line will shape up, but if it's lacking, the speedy and elusive Seidl will flourish. We all witnessed what happened to AC when he took on the GCL and he was a senior.

I honestly don't see a soph carrying the load' date=' or better yet, having an impact against a team like Elder. This Bluebird schedule is stacked......few cupcakes. IMO, he's still too green for these animals. Not sure how the offensive line will shape up, but if it's lacking, the speedy and elusiveTrailer is 97" w x 18' l plus 3' dovetail for overall 21'. Height is 30" from ground to wood deck. Seidl will flourish. We all witnessed what happened to AC when he took on the GCL and he was a senior.[/quote']

Sort of like when the coaches turned to this Frosh in 2010 when Compton wasnt available. He was going to carry the "load" sort of speak but wasn't confident enough to take it on. This I know for a fact! You can try to spin it whatever way you like but if Zach Harris would of had the swagger and confidence that a young Justin Frisk had in his day, it could of been very interesting for top Runningbacks to watch in NKY for 2011....

Between the passing game and the number of people who will get a chance to carry the ball, I don't see any HHS player having the numbers to be mentioned in the top 5 in NKY. Talent wise is a different story as they have some studs.

Sort of like when the coaches turned to this Frosh in 2010 when Compton wasnt available. He was going to carry the "load" sort of speak but wasn't confident enough to take it on. This I know for a fact! You can try to spin it whatever way you like but if Zach Harris would of had the swagger and confidence that a young Justin Frisk had in his day, it could of been very interesting for top Runningbacks to watch in NKY for 2011....

How does he compare with Elliott as a soph?

How does he compare with Elliott as a soph?

He will be the same style RB IMO. You will see him run at LB's and DB's instead of around them. The kid is solid as a rock, I saw him walking through town the other day and he's a legit 185lbs- 190lbs already. His neck looks like a tree trunk. He may not get enough touches to be Top 5 as a soph but before his career is over he will be talked about in those rankings.