Greenup County job is open again

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard from sources close to the program that the job has been offered to a Jim Youngman who is currently coaching at Metamora High School in Peoria Illinois. He is deciding on the job. He has a big kid who will be in the 7th grade who is supposed to be a good player. Not sure how long he has to make a decision but was told he had been offered the job.

I have heard from sources close to the program that the job has been offered to a Jim Youngman who is currently coaching at Metamora High School in Peoria Illinois. He is deciding on the job. He has a big kid who will be in the 7th grade who is supposed to be a good player. Not sure how long he has to make a decision but was told he had been offered the job.

I don't know this guy, but will he be around long enough to see his kid at the varsity level. GC coaches have not lasted long recently.

Sources close to the program are code for "read it on another site". All of our prognosticators couldn't have possibly guessed who was in line for this job. Yet, I'd say we'll have someone say, "I knew it all along".

Good luck to the new coach and the task at hand.

WLGC reporting this as official. Anybody know what his connection is to GC?

No connection that i am aware of. He comes from Metamora High School outside Peoria, Illinois, a bigtime football school in Illinois. He has been around a few places coaching at 7 schools in 15 years, but always left on his own terms. Every year his teams have improved from the prior year and after reading articles on his teams the guy can coach. Biggest issue is him staying for any length of time.

I think all along this hire was going to be someone from outside the area. Just had a feeling that was the way they were going to go if they could.

Here are links for a couple articles:

http://www.woodfordtimes.com/sports/x1055392457/Metamora-boys-basketball

http://www.pjstar.com/preps/x541364429/Metamora-Ultimate-destination

Edited by Jmatt

Witness protection program.

Lol I never thought about that but that may very well be true. May be why he keeps on the move. Gotta keep one step ahead!

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13