Covington Cahtholic 11 Ft. Thomas Highlands 1 (5 innings)

You know I have tried to stay out of this as long as I could because Jeremy is a friend of mine. Yeah he is not just a baseball friend like some people. You are starting to really look foolish with your constant bashing of the Football program. Yeah, and I am calling it how I see it.....

I thought what he said was fair and didn't take it as bashing the football program.

Hate to see HHS taking the lumps but there seems to be good young talent working with a top notch coach so there's a lot to look forward to.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought what he said was fair and didn't take it as bashing the football program.

Hate to see HHS taking the lumps but there seems to be good young talent working with a top notch coach so there's a lot to look forward to.

Agree on both points. :thumb:

Hopefully the young baseball talent at HHS will become older talent. Hopefully, they won't have to choose to play only one sport.

Isn't that the case with most schools. Kids will usually never play three sports. Some if talented enough play two, but most will choose one if they feel it's their best chance to the next level. Headin down this path again. Hahahaha!!!

Isn't that the case with most schools. Kids will usually never play three sports. Some if talented enough play two, but most will choose one if they feel it's their best chance to the next level. Headin down this path again. Hahahaha!!!

Baseball kids get forced to choose there at HHS because football and baseball conflict so much. You can say what you want but I have personally talked to football players there who were told after their freshman year to choose one or the other.

Baseball kids get forced to choose there at HHS because football and baseball conflict so much. You can say what you want but I have personally talked to football players there who were told after their freshman year to choose one or the other.

Sure you have.

May I ask you who "told" them to choose. Secondly, who were these football players that "told" you this. I would just like to get this all out in the open for a good frank discussion because I know that this years teams include a number of kids that currently play football for the high school as well as some that played in the FTJFL this past fall. I have been told by many that the Spring Break policy is the biggest reason that kids do not play.

May I ask you who "told" them to choose. Secondly, who were these football players that "told" you this. I would just like to get this all out in the open for a good frank discussion because I know that this years teams include a number of kids that currently play football for the high school as well as some that played in the FTJFL this past fall. I have been told by many that the Spring Break policy is the biggest reason that kids do not play.

If Mueller told the football players that they had to lift over spring break or they are off football team, would any players quit or choose not to play football?

Personally, I think that spring break excuse is about as lame as it gets to not play a sport. And I know how big spring break is in Ft. Thomas. But I think it is an easy excuse for those aren't really committed to the sport.

Well i have stayed out of this for a long time but come on, You can not get on here and start saying stupid stuff. Tell us who told you that. I have heard Dale tells kids all the time play multi sports. He loves the game of baseball and supports it a ton.He also supports the coach on his spring break rules. So to say he makes kids chose is wrong and you should be banned from BGP for stupid comments.

It's become blatantly obvious that no matter what is said in response to this statement and others of the same vain, that these statements will continue to be made by those both inside and outside of the Highlands community who wish to stir up trouble. All you have to do is look at how many football players from the past decade have also played basketball or baseball, or track for that matter. From my short memory alone I could begin with Jared Lorenzen & Derrik Smith, mention Cody Rosenhagen & Blake Newman, and stop with all the current freshmen baseballers fresh off a NKY freshman football championship. Of course I haven't mentioned our starting QB, & new UK recruit, who also plays basketball.

Taking a cue from Ronald Reagan on how to handle baseless criticisms, I think at some point we should just stop defending this nonsense. Those who truly don't know the validity of the erroneous comment will eventually take our silence for what it is, the judgment that the claim doesn't deserve the energy expended while performing the keystrokes necessary to reply.

7 innings x 3 = 21 outs. Anymore and bad things happen. Wins and Championships begin and end with Defense in all sports. I did not see the game or the boots but talked to some that were and all that I can say is "c'mon guys you are better than this". Take it as critism, I dont really care, this is High School sports and certain plays just have to be made. This has nothing to do with Spring Break or Football or Basketball, these are just fundamentals of the game that come with focus and hard work. WORK HARDER Birds and you will get better.

It's become blatantly obvious that no matter what is said in response to this statement and others of the same vain, that these statements will continue to be made by those both inside and outside of the Highlands community who wish to stir up trouble. All you have to do is look at how many football players from the past decade have also played basketball or baseball, or track for that matter. From my short memory alone I could begin with Jared Lorenzen & Derrik Smith, mention Cody Rosenhagen & Blake Newman, and stop with all the current freshmen baseballers fresh off a NKY freshman football championship. Of course I haven't mentioned our starting QB, & new UK recruit, who also plays basketball.

Taking a cue from Ronald Reagan on how to handle baseless criticisms, I think at some point we should just stop defending this nonsense. Those who truly don't know the validity of the erroneous comment will eventually take our silence for what it is, the judgment that the claim doesn't deserve the energy expended while performing the keystrokes necessary to reply.

First off, never mentioned basketball or track. Was told by a few players (don't want to mention names on this public forum out of respect) that if they wanted to be potential starters on the football team that they needed to quit baseball and focus on lifting in the off season. I know there will be the Highlands faithful (as already evidenced) that will say I don't know what I'm talking about and that's fine. Sometimes facts hurt and can't be dealt with when you're so blatantly blind to the truth. Baseball is the only sport that conflicts with football. Summer baseball in particular. Did Lorenzen play baseball? Yes until his sophomore year. How about Collinsworth? I know he did up to a point. I just know if the athletes at HHS would have been pushed to play by the baseball loving Mueller as one poster has mentioned, don't you think they would have?