Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Gottfried to N.C. State ...

Featured Replies

Lots of reports say Gottfried, formerly of Murray State and Alabama, has resurfaced at N.C. State. That's a pretty tough gig.

Wonder if Gottfried will be content being NC State's "rebound girl."

Wonder if Gottfried will be content being NC State's "rebound girl."

 

I don't think he has been to high in anyone's radar, has he?

Highly doubtful he's been on any BCS school radar. This is a case of NC State being forced to settle. Just wonder how Gottfried will be able to handle that, because it will come up once he starts losing--if it hasn't already come up.

Might as well have just announced they were delaying the coaching search for another 3-4 seasons...

Wonder if Gottfried will be content being NC State's "rebound girl."

 

Wasn't this job paying a couple million per year?

  • Author

I suspect N.C. State would be fairly happy if Gottfried repeated his Alabama success there ...

I suspect N.C. State would be fairly happy if Gottfried repeated his Alabama success there ...

I agree. I like Mark from his Murray State days and he leveled off at Bama, but some pretend he did absolutely nothing in his Tuscaloosa stint. He brought about a consistent winning product at Bama, got them to the Elite 8 once, and many trips to the top 25. We are talking about Alabama where basketball comes third behind football and spring football.

Wasn't this job paying a couple million per year?

 

Perhaps. I was just referring to the fact that Gottfried was way down on NC State's wish list & wondering how he'll cope with that in the future.

I can't help but think N.C. State would be a good gig if the right person came in there and took over. I know it was long ago, but they dominated at one time and are right in the middle of some historical programs. 2 national titles as well.

I can't help but think N.C. State would be a good gig if the right person came in there and took over. I know it was long ago, but they dominated at one time and are right in the middle of some historical programs. 2 national titles as well.

 

Being right there with UNC and Duke will be very tough. Gottfried usually had some very good talent/athletes at Bama so that tells me that he can recruit. I hope that he does well at N.C. State, the N.C State alums and fans are going to have to realize that....."Norm Sloan, David Thompson or Jimmy Valvano are not walking through that door".

Being right there with UNC and Duke will be very tough. Gottfried usually had some very good talent/athletes at Bama so that tells me that he can recruit. I hope that he does well at N.C. State, the N.C State alums and fans are going to have to realize that....."Norm Sloan, David Thompson or Jimmy Valvano are not walking through that door".

 

I think the big thing would probably be the negativity that fans may have. But like always, "you can't please everyone".

  • Author
Perhaps. I was just referring to the fact that Gottfried was way down on NC State's wish list & wondering how he'll cope with that in the future.
I suspect Gottfried is happy just to be back in the coaching game with a chance to resurrect his career.
I suspect Gottfried is happy just to be back in the coaching game with a chance to resurrect his career.

 

I don't doubt he's happy now. I'm wondering how it will work out for him in the future.

  • Author
I don't doubt he's happy now. I'm wondering how it will work out for him in the future.
That depends on how much he wins ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.