Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Gottfried to N.C. State ...

Featured Replies

That depends on how much he wins ...

 

Exactly. That's what I was wondering...how will Gottfried handle it if he starts losing some and NC State fans say, "What did we expect? This was our 6th choice for a coach."

  • Author
Exactly. That's what I was wondering...how will Gottfried handle it if he starts losing some and NC State fans say, "What did we expect? This was our 6th choice for a coach."
So what? Why should Gottfried care?
So what? Why should Gottfried care?

 

If he loses it won't be fun. But it'll be even more problematic as the fifth, sixth, or seventh choice.

  • Author
If he loses it won't be fun. But it'll be even more problematic as the fifth, sixth, or seventh choice.
Why would that be problematic? He has the job, no matter where he was on the totem pole. And losing isn't fun in any case.

Never said losing was fun. It's just less fun when you were nowhere near the #1 guy on the wishlist.

  • Author
Never said losing was fun. It's just less fun when you were nowhere near the #1 guy on the wishlist.
I fail to see your point ... why does that matter, if you already have the job?

I'm not sure what I'm more shocked by.....That Mark Gottfried got another coaching job or that a thread about Mark Gottfried has gotten over 20 responses. :lol:

I fail to see your point ... why does that matter, if you already have the job?

 

Okay, I'll try this one more time. How will Gottfried be able to handle it if and when he starts to lose & the fan base starts saying things like he wasn't the guy we wanted, we settled for Gottfried, he was a desperate hire, etc. etc. How will that affect him, because it's obvious he was far from the first choice?

 

It doesn't matter right now because he does have the job & he has neither exceeded nor failed to meet expectations. If and when he loses, the NC State fans will naturally begin moaning because they struck out on every coach they wanted & had to settle for Gottfried. I'm wondering how he's going to be able to handle it when that day comes.

 

When you're the #1 choice and you lose, it's not fun but I think most fans will give you some time because you were the guy they wanted. When you're the #5 or 6 or 7 choice, they're not nearly as understanding. I'm wondering how Gottfried will be able to cope with that.

  • Author

Gottfried won't care, and any coach worth their salt wouldn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.