Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Player Dies After Making Game Winning Shot

Featured Replies

Heartbreaking.... I feel for everyone who was there and for everyone who personally knew the young man. Cherish each day my friends.

I heard about this Friday. The weird thing was at work on Thursday we talked about John Stewart and his untimely death. When I read this Friday morning I got cold chills. This is very sad in deed. Sounds like not only a gifted athlete passed but a young man that would have made this world a better place was lost.

This is terrbile and tragic loss for the family, the school and the community. My families prayers go out to all families.

Maybe high school athletics should now require a heart sonogram to be performed once a year to keep check. Such a sad situation. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's family.

  • Author

I also think defibrillators need to be in every trainers bag and they go through the proper training to use them. This device could have possibly saved this young man's life. All schools need to invest in one.

What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

How much extra time would it take for sports physicals to actually examine kids for this kind of condition? My heart breaks for his family, friends and that community. Enlarged hearts are the scariest things in sports right now, I'm worried about each kid that plays sports because when tragedies like these happen, it's not like people even knew a problem existed.

Even though it's not real, this makes me think of the kid in John Q.

 

I'm pretty sure you have to have an X-ray or hooked up to an EKG to even find out if your heart is enlarge. I'm sure someone can help me out with these facts. I guess if you could determine just by being hooked to an EKG then I would agree that it should be routine in physicals. If it was an X-ray to diagnose an enlarged heart, some people wouldn't be able to afford it. How do echo cardiograms work?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.