Hobo McCoy - Pike County Central

Have any of you seen this young man play? I believe he is the state's leading scorer and he seemingly is getting 35+ every night over the last few weeks.

Is he all Pike County Central has?

Does he shoot it a million times a game? Or does he shoot a good percentage?

What size is he?

Any idea on where he will play college basketball?

Guest Birdflu
Have any of you seen this young man play? I believe he is the state's leading scorer and he seemingly is getting 35+ every night over the last few weeks.

Is he all Pike County Central has?

Does he shoot it a million times a game? Or does he shoot a good percentage?

What size is he?

Any idea on where he will play college basketball?

Never seen him play, but I love the name.

I have seen him play and he is a player. He shoots alot but most of them are good shots. When he gets near the volleyball line you had better be on him because he is well within range. His team runs lots of sets to get him looks and use LOTS of on ball screens to let him create. Early in the year he was pressing the action too much, but since about midway through the season he has allowed his team-mates to make plays some. He distributes the ball well and has a couple other players than can hit shots. Pike Central goes as Hobo goes no doubt about it. He scores so much in part because he has to. Pike Central struggles to score if Hobo is not effective. Other players on the team hit shots, but Hobo is the straw that stirs the drink. He gets them open looks by breaking down the defense. He is average size maybe around 6'0 give or take. He is going to play for Pikeville College/University or whatever it is called now.

Hobo is about 6'2" and is shooting over 50% from the field (both 2 and 3 point shots combined) and he is shooting 80% from the line. Last night in their first regional game he had 42 and was 6 for 8 from the 3 point range. This kid is a lot of fun to watch and to top it off he is a great kid off the court as well. Unfortunately, as CC said, he is all PCC has. He has already signed to play for Pikeville College who is ranked in the top 25 in the NAIA right now. Kelly Wells, former state champion coach from Mason County is the coach there and doing a great job. I would love it if Hobo made it to Rupp so the rest of the state could watch the leading scorer do his thing. Last night, the favorite in the 15th (Johnson Central) was knocked out by reigning state champion, Shelby Valley. Pike Central will meet Shelby Valley in the semi-finals on Monday. Earlier in the year PCC beat Shelby Valley by 22, not that it means anything because it is March Madness.

He shoots about 20-25 times a game, gets to the line a lot because you have to closeout/run at him from the volleyball line in, very strong player also, can take a lot of contact.

He is a GREAT high school player, without them they probably wouldn't have won a game this year.