Android Applications

sportsfan41

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I barely use many of the "cool" apps. Obviously I have my Yahoo! e-mail app, Facebook, Twitter (Tweetcaster) , NFL Mobile is a good one if you have Verizon... My favorite "cool" app is the Remote for iTunes. I just connect my laptop to my speakers and change the song on my iTunes from my phone via WiFi. I know iPhones have that as a default app but for someone who doesn't have an iPhone, it's great. There is a Walgreens app that I've used to refill a prescription once. I often play chess with some of my other Android friends with Chess Buddies. Maybe even knock out a game of Words With Friends against a friend. Advanced task killer is a necessity. TV guide is also a great one. I use Handscent for text messaging. And last but not least DroidLight. I can't tell you how many times I've used my phone as an extremely useful flashlight. The LED flash on the phone is unbelievably bright and I use almost every day.

I have a ton of Android Aps, but some of my favorites (realizing all may not be of interest to you)

NYTimes

Newspapers-Love that I can save my favorites, and that I can brows papers from all over the world

Louisville Metro

Louisville Free Public Library

Cardio Trainer

Absolutely a "need"-Uninstaller. Absolutely great!

Movies

Coupons

WikiMobile-really fun for boring times. :lol:

I also have an ap that keeps me from dialing until I confirm my intent. It's eliminated my purse-calling that used to happen all the time.

I have a task-killer that I like, and Lookout, and an Anti-virus.

I get any phone I want (sans iPhone) for $0.01...Is that the Incredible X?

No it's the Droid X. It's made by Motorola. The Incredible is made by HTC. Two of my roommates have the Incredible and both admittedly would rather have my phone. I may be a bit bias but I LOVE my Droid X. I wouldn't trade it for any phone, including the iPhone. I especially love the screen size on the X.

Really? I did not know that there was a need for and Anti-Virus program on a cell phone.

I'd say due to the capabilities of the Droid to act more as a computer, it's possible that it could get a virus. Especially with apps like Frostwire (at least I think Frostwire has an app in the Droid marketplace).

Really? I did not know that there was a need for and Anti-Virus program on a cell phone.

I access my work e-mail on my phone, and frequently there are documents attached that I will need to download and work with. I absolutely would not do that without anti-virus.

No it's the Droid X. It's made by Motorola. The Incredible is made by HTC. Two of my roommates have the Incredible and both admittedly would rather have my phone. I may be a bit bias but I LOVE my Droid X. I wouldn't trade it for any phone, including the iPhone. I especially love the screen size on the X.

Hmmm....What's this new Thunderbolt that they keep advertising? I heard it was originally going to be promoted as the iPhone killer until Verizon was able to offer the iPhone as well.

Hmmm....What's this new Thunderbolt that they keep advertising? I heard it was originally going to be promoted as the iPhone killer until Verizon was able to offer the iPhone as well.

If HTC is coming out with it now it will definitely compete with the best phones. I just glanced over a couple of things about the Thunderbolt (which is a stupid name) and it looks like a nice phone. The X or that phone would be good phones, just as good as the iPhone. I just wouldn't settle for the Incredible if I were you. And if you were to buy the Thunderbolt, just tell everyone you don't know what it's called :lol: