Roy Lucas

DRKARK

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to hear this, but I wish Coach Lucas the best. He is a great coach, a tremendous teacher, and a huge asset to any school. Is he staying at Lloyd to teacher/councel/administration? Also, what direction will Lloyd go now? Do they hire a coach inside the program or do they look elsewhere? Has anyone heard of interest in the position? It would be a great position for any coach.

Best wishes to Coach Lucas. As the other poster stated above, Lucas tried to leave the head coaching position a few years back but came back when the school and team needed him. Kudos to him for stepping up and for all his efforts at Lloyd over the many years he has been there.

Lloyd needs to look at this as an opportunity to get some new energy into the program. Sometimes change is good for everyone.

Roy is a very good guy and I wish him the best. With that said he may have stayed a few years too long, I agree that change will probally be good for Lloyd and Coach Lucas!

Don't know much about Lucas Jr. but played for the youngest (Jerry) and couldn't have been given a better coach to play for. He was demanding while keeping it interesting and fun. I can remember really enjoying my Senior year in HS having him as our O-Coordinator. Wish I could have played for him for a few more years. I do think this was a good time for Lloyd to look for a new staff for thier high school. They have had some success with the younger kids and I think they needed to find a new path for thier HS. Not saying Coach Lucas wasn't doing a good job, don't know don't follow Lloyd a ton. I do know they haven't been that good or I would have seen it on here. Wouldn't be surprised if they go with a younger coaching staff as it seems that is where a lot of schools are going these days. Plus it might not be a bad idea to get some youthful energy in the building to help get these kids fired up.. Good luck to Coach Lucas, your family lineage is quite accomplished...

Don't know much about Lucas Jr. but played for the youngest (Jerry) and couldn't have been given a better coach to play for. He was demanding while keeping it interesting and fun. I can remember really enjoying my Senior year in HS having him as our O-Coordinator. Wish I could have played for him for a few more years. I do think this was a good time for Lloyd to look for a new staff for thier high school. They have had some success with the younger kids and I think they needed to find a new path for thier HS. Not saying Coach Lucas wasn't doing a good job, don't know don't follow Lloyd a ton. I do know they haven't been that good or I would have seen it on here. Wouldn't be surprised if they go with a younger coaching staff as it seems that is where a lot of schools are going these days. Plus it might not be a bad idea to get some youthful energy in the building to help get these kids fired up.. Good luck to Coach Lucas, your family lineage is quite accomplished...

Roy Sr. was my high school coach and Jerry was our quarterback and Roy Jr was and to this day, my best friend. Great family and great coaches.

Roy Sr. was my high school coach and Jerry was our quarterback and Roy Jr was and to this day, my best friend. Great family and great coaches.

My step-dad played LB for Roy Sr. at Lloyd he always talks highly of him.

Job just posted yesterday and I think a couple of assistants have showed interest I really don't know anything other than that at the present time. I just hope they work at it quickly and get the job filled. Have talked to several players and they are hoping it is done quickly also. JD

Job just posted yesterday and I think a couple of assistants have showed interest I really don't know anything other than that at the present time. I just hope they work at it quickly and get the job filled. Have talked to several players and they are hoping it is done quickly also. JD

I hope you mean assistants from other schools!!