Boone Co. coaching????

Wildcat

What is going on with their coaching situation? I have heard there are grumblings and that they need to do well this season or there will be a change. Any more insight?

Coach T's son will be a senior.

My guess is this will be his last year.

Sorry folks, Owen Hauck aint leading Shaun Alexander out of the tunnel any time soon. Time to face facts and come to the conclusion that being in a county which has 4 county schools and one growing independent district it is going to be hard to be at the top each and every year. Maybe if they dropped down to 5A it would help, but I dont see it happening, talent is spread too far in this county.............................

Sorry folks, Owen Hauck aint leading Shaun Alexander out of the tunnel any time soon. Time to face facts and come to the conclusion that being in a county which has 4 county schools and one growing independent district it is going to be hard to be at the top each and every year. Maybe if they dropped down to 5A it would help, but I dont see it happening, talent is spread too far in this county.............................

Ryle and Cooper seem to be making improvements...

Ryle, yes, Cooper lets wait and see. Think about how things would have gone if there never was a Ryle or Cooper High School. Heck Owen might still be coaching:thumb::D

I agree with you; continuing to build schools has not helped their football teams, but Boone has roughly the same enrollment and has really dropped off.

I agree

If they can't find a way to equal out the facilities such as field houses, turf, equipment and such the disparities in talent will just increase in my opinion. Young families with sport interests will start migrating to those newer and better equipped schools and leave the others in a lurch. Boone at least has had upgrades to some of its sports areas unlike Conner.

If they can't find a way to equal out the facilities such as field houses, turf, equipment and such the disparities in talent will just increase in my opinion. Young families with sport interests will start migrating to those newer and better equipped schools and leave the others in a lurch. Boone at least has had upgrades to some of its sports areas unlike Conner.

Hey there is a new track in Cougartown!, who needs anythng else when you got that!

I heard that Thompson is playing his kid at QB, who isn't very athletic at all. I have also heard the other kids on the team have become upset by this move.

Disappointing post. In only a few words you've said the coach isn't smart, he plays favorites, he isn't trying to win, AND his 17 yr old son isn't a good athlete.