Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitworth On The Palmer Situation

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm sure it happens more that we know. Remember we live close to the Bengals so naturally it's going to seem like there is more chatter about them.

 

And I don't see why you get so mad :lol:. Especially considering that I openly admit I do this crap to get a rise out of you and SSC.

 

Thats the thing I am not mad, especially since I am right and have things to back up what I say. However I wish I could get a dollar for everytime you said you were done talking about this, and then post something again right after it! :D

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats the thing I am not mad, especially since I am right and have things to back up what I say. However I wish I could get a dollar for everytime you said you were done talking about this, and then post something again right after it! :D

 

You're right about what exactly? Please don't say that Palmer is good right now because I believe the threads on here show that probably the majority of people on here disagree with you.

I'm sure it happens more that we know. Remember we live close to the Bengals so naturally it's going to seem like there is more chatter about them.

And I don't see why you get so mad :lol:. Especially considering that I openly admit I do this crap to get a rise out of you and SSC.

 

I agree with that. We don't know what's said about other QB's locally. However there are national people who defend him as well.

 

You don't get a rise out of me, but I too enjoy the fact that you ignore it when it continues to get pointed out over and over and over again by people that know far more about it than you or I that he takes the blame for some stuff that isn't his fault. Nobody is saying he's great or elite anymore and you continue acting like they do. I'll hop in every thread that makes your credibilty look bad when you admit that you only do it to get a rise and ignore facts. It makes it a lot more fun when you try to stick up for other things.

I agree with that. We don't know what's said about other QB's locally. However there are national people who defend him as well.

 

You don't get a rise out of me, but I too enjoy the fact that you ignore it when it continues to get pointed out over and over and over again by people that know far more about it than you or I that he takes the blame for some stuff that isn't his fault. Nobody is saying he's great or elite anymore and you continue acting like they do. I'll hop in every thread that makes your credibilty look bad when you admit that you only do it to get a rise and ignore facts. It makes it a lot more fun when you try to stick up for other things.

 

That last part of the paragraph is crazy. I think FC is still trying to say Palmer is really good, without coming out and saying it. Never have said that you have, but you two are the guys that constantly defend him. As far as credibility, why would I have any anway? I'm a college student student for crying out loud. If someone was counting on me to have some actual information about anything they'd be coming to the wrong guy. But this is a forum and a place to put your opinion. I've never admitted that I ignore facts, but bringing in articles written with a slant towards Palmer does little for me, just like an article with a slant against him would do.

 

As far as national guys taking up for him what are they suppose to do? Outside of guys like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf or guys that get in trouble in or out of the league, who do they slam? Now that Palmer has stirred up the drink a little bit I think there are only two ways it can go on the national level, either they will start to crucify him when he does bad (ala McNabb) or say he was exactly right if he does well. I'll go with the former, you take the latter. Thank you once again for reminding me why I rarely post anything in your direction :thumb:.

That last part of the paragraph is crazy. I think FC is still trying to say Palmer is really good, without coming out and saying it. Never have said that you have, but you two are the guys that constantly defend him. As far as credibility, why would I have any anway? I'm a college student student for crying out loud. If someone was counting on me to have some actual information about anything they'd be coming to the wrong guy. But this is a forum and a place to put your opinion. I've never admitted that I ignore facts, but bringing in articles written with a slant towards Palmer does little for me, just like an article with a slant against him would do.

 

As far as national guys taking up for him what are they suppose to do? Outside of guys like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf or guys that get in trouble in or out of the league, who do they slam? Now that Palmer has stirred up the drink a little bit I think there are only two ways it can go on the national level, either they will start to crucify him when he does bad (ala McNabb) or say he was exactly right if he does well. I'll go with the former, you take the latter. Thank you once again for reminding me why I rarely post anything in your direction :thumb:.

 

If someone admits a guy wasn't as good as he thought and that he isn't elite like he thought that should be good enough. That's why he gets frustrated. You still think he think's he's great and that he's trying to say he is even though he said he wasn't.

 

You admit the reason you post on Palmer threads is to get a rise out of me and wonder why you don't like some of my replys to your posts? It shouldn't be hard to figure out. One more thing Whitworth didin't write that article. He answered questions by the writer. TJ Housh didn't write the article saying Chad doesn't run the right routes. He answered questions from the author of the article. Dave Lapham didn't write an article he also answered questions. These articles aren't slanted in any direction especially the ESPN ones. It's people far more qualified than us giving opinions and answering questions.

If someone admits a guy wasn't as good as he thought and that he isn't elite like he thought that should be good enough. That's why he gets frustrated. You still think he think's he's great and that he's trying to say he is even though he said he wasn't.

 

You admit the reason you post on Palmer threads is to get a rise out of me and wonder why you don't like some of my replys to your posts? It shouldn't be hard to figure out. One more thing Whitworth didin't write that article. He answered questions by the writer. TJ Housh didn't write the article saying Chad doesn't run the right routes. He answered questions from the author of the article. Dave Lapham didn't write an article he also answered questions. These articles aren't slanted in any direction especially the ESPN ones. It's people far more qualified than us giving opinions and answering questions.

 

But if someone goes on the record don't you think they might hold back on what they're saying, especially if they like the person they're talking about?

But if someone goes on the record don't you think they might hold back on what they're saying, especially if they like the person they're talking about?

 

Not to the question were you surprised by Carson doing this? Possibly to the question how bad was Carson last year or why do you think he and the offense had a bad year? TJ's question was will Carson be back next year? The answer was "yes he's too good, and he takes blame for stuff that isn't his fault. Chad freelances routes because he thinks other teams know the plays". These people aren't asked to defend Carson they do it anyway answering other questions. There isn't a slant in the articles like you said.

  • Author
Not to the question were you surprised by Carson doing this? Possibly to the question how bad was Carson last year or why do you think he and the offense had a bad year? TJ's question was will Carson be back next year? The answer was "yes he's too good, and he takes blame for stuff that isn't his fault. Chad freelances routes because he thinks other teams know the plays". These people aren't asked to defend Carson they do it anyway answering other questions. There isn't a slant in the articles like you said.

 

Thank you! I really don't get Cats anymore when it comes to this, he just makes himself look bad. As you have pointed out I don't say he is elite or one of the best in the game, I admitted I was wrong about that. The main thing I argue now is he is not as bad though as some people around here like to think. There are some reasons for his struggles, and if you choose to ignore those reasons, then yes its easy to just say he sucks. However those reasons apparently are legit reasons, considering the people who actually watch the tapes say it. Not this many people would come to the defense of a person, if there was no reason to. They probably just wouldn't say anything at all.

 

So my whole argument now is just trying to show he is not as bad though as people say, and is not the one thing the Bengals need to fix to get better. Some peopel throughout the year, and even in the off season have acted like getting a new QB in here would fix things. However I just trying to get people to see that Palmer probably is not the problem, and we are not as bad off with him. Palmer still gives the Bengals the best shot to win, and especially since this franchise has been so bad at finding QB's. I don't see why people trust Mike Brown to get another QB in that would give us a better shot than Palmer. Yes they need to draft a young QB this year in the draft, however the Bengals best chance still is with Palmer.

I would love to see what other teams offer and if CP would restructure his contract.

  • Author

 

I'm not ignoring anything, I just get tired of you tirelessly searching the internet for defense of Palmer. I bet you could also find a bunch of people who'd be trashing him. I don't expect the Bengals to trash him, or other NFL players to trash him, it's just not what alot of them do. Maybe TO hasn't said anything because he's old and needs a job, he's not exactly a wanted commodity these days, and has been relatively tame the last two years. Playing in Buffalo and Cincy will do that to a player.

 

Well TO needing a job didn't stop him from once again talking about how things are bad in Cincy in his latest interview. He talked about how the ownership and coaching was bad, so you would also think he would say something about Carson too if he felt he was bad. Since he has no problem at all saying when someone or something is bad. Here is the latest article, and he even sticks up for Carson again in this, in saying how Carson has good reasons to want to leave and also saying how the offensive coaching is bad.

 

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/18/to-on-bengals-woes-it-starts-from-the-top-down/?module=HP_headlines

I would love to see what other teams offer and if CP would restructure his contract.

 

Even with all of the defending I have done of Palmer there's no way other teams are going to want to pay what he has left on his contract because he has been really bad at times no matter how much of that isn't his fault. Some of it is for sure his fault. I don't think he would get moved until some time during the season next year. I think the article from Bleacher Report is right that he isn't worth what he thinks he's worth. I do think that Arizona or SF would give up a high pick for him though.

Well TO needing a job didn't stop him from once again talking about how things are bad in Cincy in his latest interview. He talked about how the ownership and coaching was bad, so you would also think he would say something about Carson too if he felt he was bad. Since he has no problem at all saying when someone or something is bad. Here is the latest article, and he even sticks up for Carson again in this, in saying how Carson has good reasons to want to leave and also saying how the offensive coaching is bad.

 

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/18/to-on-bengals-woes-it-starts-from-the-top-down/?module=HP_headlines

 

TO is trying to deflect criticism from himself because it is out that he broke off routes causing some of Carson's problems; he is a real piece of work.

Add Mel Kiper to the list of people that think Palmer is still good. The list of people that think he sucks is still Mo Egger, CCC, malachi and a few other "fans" that post on message boards. The list of people that feel he's still good and valuable is growing.

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=6157111

 

I can hear the dissenters, as Palmer is coming off a bad year for his standards. But if a team wants to win now, it can at least guarantee a level of proficiency with Palmer. He has a career quarterback rating of 86.9, has thrown for over 234 yards a game and not always in front of the best offensive line. Is Palmer the best quarterback for a franchise for the next 10 years if it makes a deal? No. But even three years is a coaching eternity in this league, and if you're a team such as Arizona or San Francisco, with a lot of good pieces but a void under center, how can you not get a price quote on a guy who has demanded to be traded?

 

The article is insider on ESPN so for anyone that can't read it or doesn't want to he lists the best available QB's for possible trade. They are:

 

1. Palmer

2. Kolb

3. Orton

4. Matt Flynn

5. McNabb

6. V. Young

 

Amazing that all of these people who watch tape for a living think he's good or at the very least not as terrible as some fans do.

Add Mel Kiper to the list of people that think Palmer is still good. The list of people that think he sucks is still Mo Egger, CCC, malachi and a few other "fans" that post on message boards. The list of people that feel he's still good and valuable is growing.

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=6157111

 

I can hear the dissenters, as Palmer is coming off a bad year for his standards. But if a team wants to win now, it can at least guarantee a level of proficiency with Palmer. He has a career quarterback rating of 86.9, has thrown for over 234 yards a game and not always in front of the best offensive line. Is Palmer the best quarterback for a franchise for the next 10 years if it makes a deal? No. But even three years is a coaching eternity in this league, and if you're a team such as Arizona or San Francisco, with a lot of good pieces but a void under center, how can you not get a price quote on a guy who has demanded to be traded?

 

The article is insider on ESPN so for anyone that can't read it or doesn't want to he lists the best available QB's for possible trade. They are:

 

1. Palmer

2. Kolb

3. Orton

4. Matt Flynn

5. McNabb

6. V. Young

 

Amazing that all of these people who watch tape for a living think he's good or at the very least not as terrible as some fans do.

 

Even Palmer's worst detractor would look at that list and agree that he is the best QB possibly available for trade. That list doesn't say a lot for me. I think when you compare Palmer to the other starting QB's in the NFL he is middle of the pack at best. That being said, I don't see the Bengals trading him. They must win next season and they need Palmer to win. You can't bring in a new QB, especially this off season with the labor issues, and expect to win this year.

Add Mel Kiper to the list of people that think Palmer is still good. The list of people that think he sucks is still Mo Egger, CCC, malachi and a few other "fans" that post on message boards. The list of people that feel he's still good and valuable is growing.

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=6157111

 

I can hear the dissenters, as Palmer is coming off a bad year for his standards. But if a team wants to win now, it can at least guarantee a level of proficiency with Palmer. He has a career quarterback rating of 86.9, has thrown for over 234 yards a game and not always in front of the best offensive line. Is Palmer the best quarterback for a franchise for the next 10 years if it makes a deal? No. But even three years is a coaching eternity in this league, and if you're a team such as Arizona or San Francisco, with a lot of good pieces but a void under center, how can you not get a price quote on a guy who has demanded to be traded?

 

The article is insider on ESPN so for anyone that can't read it or doesn't want to he lists the best available QB's for possible trade. They are:

 

1. Palmer

2. Kolb

3. Orton

4. Matt Flynn

5. McNabb

6. V. Young

 

Amazing that all of these people who watch tape for a living think he's good or at the very least not as terrible as some fans do.

 

Yup let's compare him to two guys that have barely started any NFL games (Kolb and Flynn), a guy that is probably best served as a backup in Orton, an even more washed up scrub in McNabb and crazy Vince Young. Being the best QB available for trade this year is about like being the best dressed guy at a slumber party, it probably won't make much difference.

 

If I'm an NFL team that is really QB needy I'd probably take Flynn. He's looked good in the times he's been in and he'd be the cheapest QB to get there. No franchise guys on that list, Kiiper even says that above. Kolb might be the most talented of the group as of right now but his price tag would probably be the biggest I would guess. IF a team like Arizona would make a trade for Palmer I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't question the move, but if they were to annoint him franchise savior my jaw would drop. He's a stop-gap now IMO. A team will get him until they get a youngster that is ready to go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.