Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitworth On The Palmer Situation

Featured Replies

Yup let's compare him to two guys that have barely started any NFL games (Kolb and Flynn), a guy that is probably best served as a backup in Orton, an even more washed up scrub in McNabb and crazy Vince Young. Being the best QB available for trade this year is about like being the best dressed guy at a slumber party, it probably won't make much difference.

 

If I'm an NFL team that is really QB needy I'd probably take Flynn. He's looked good in the times he's been in and he'd be the cheapest QB to get there. No franchise guys on that list, Kiiper even says that above. Kolb might be the most talented of the group as of right now but his price tag would probably be the biggest I would guess. IF a team like Arizona would make a trade for Palmer I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't question the move, but if they were to annoint him franchise savior my jaw would drop. He's a stop-gap now IMO. A team will get him until they get a youngster that is ready to go.

 

Finally you've said something about Plamer that makes sense even though you had to take a shot with the jaw drop comment. Nobody thinks Palmer is the answer for a decade. A lot of people are high on Kolb and I think you've mentioned him before. The point is the only thing you will say about him is he's terrible and anything saying he isn't is just an excuse. Meanwhile a lot of experts and people that watch tape think he's not terrible. Here's what I don't get about you though. Flynn? You annoint people that have never done anything ever and kill Palmer who has been great. He hasn't been great lately, but even as bad as he was this year he had 4000 yards and 26 TD's. If you're SF o Arizona and you think you can compete now why take Flynn? He's the biggest gamble. If you're looking for 5 years down the road you might roll the dice on Flynn.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally you've said something about Plamer that makes sense even though you had to take a shot with the jaw drop comment. Nobody thinks Palmer is the answer for a decade. A lot of people are high on Kolb and I think you've mentioned him before. The point is the only thing you will say about him is he's terrible and anything saying he isn't is just an excuse. Meanwhile a lot of experts and people that watch tape think he's not terrible. Here's what I don't get about you though. Flynn? You annoint people that have never done anything ever and kill Palmer who has been great. He hasn't been great lately, but even as bad as he was this year he had 4000 yards and 26 TD's. If you're SF o Arizona and you think you can compete now why take Flynn? He's the biggest gamble. If you're looking for 5 years down the road you might roll the dice on Flynn.

 

I never said that Flynn was great or even good. I feel that if a team has to get any of those QBs they're in trouble, so I would take the cheapest guy with the smallest ego. No one on that list seems like a sure fire answer to me. As for the Cardinals I don't think a normal QB will make them that much better, they have a lot of holes.

I never said that Flynn was great or even good. I feel that if a team has to get any of those QBs they're in trouble, so I would take the cheapest guy with the smallest ego. No one on that list seems like a sure fire answer to me. As for the Cardinals I don't think a normal QB will make them that much better, they have a lot of holes.

 

If anyone makes a move for Flynn they will pay him more than he's worth. Same for Kolb.

If anyone makes a move for Flynn they will pay him more than he's worth. Same for Kolb.

 

No doubt, but I'd bet the same would be said for Palmer. McNabb and Young may be on a discount because of their attitude.

No doubt, but I'd bet the same would be said for Palmer. McNabb and Young may be on a discount because of their attitude.

 

I agree that Palmer would probably be overpaid. He may be willing to take a lot less just to get out of town and try to get a better contract after one year. Young will be really cheap and he should be.

I agree that Palmer would probably be overpaid. He may be willing to take a lot less just to get out of town and try to get a better contract after one year. Young will be really cheap and he should be.

 

I wasn't thinking about being overpaid, I was thinking about the draft picks a team would have to give up to get them. If Palmer, McNabb or Young need a new contract from a new team I think they're all going to be getting alot less than they're used to.

I would love to see what other teams offer and if CP would restructure his contract.

 

ESPN thinks the Bengals would get a 1st round pick for him. It's in their insider blog from yestarday.

They won't get anything for him when they won't trade him.

They won't get anything for him when they won't trade him.

 

It doesn't mean that the market wouldn't dictate a first rounder which is the reason I posted that for the CP bashers.

Add the Dolphins to the list of people that watched film and think Palmer is still good:

 

So Palmer is the player folks in the Dolphins organization would love in a Dolphins jersey.

 

None of this is my opinion. It’s the opinion of folks within the Miami organization who have done the work. This comes from folks who have watched the films or crunched the numbers or done the evaluations or talked to the men who did.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/03/dolphins-palmer-best-of-possibily-available-qbs.html#ixzz1HKfxRSti

  • Author
Add the Dolphins to the list of people that watched film and think Palmer is still good:

 

So Palmer is the player folks in the Dolphins organization would love in a Dolphins jersey.

 

None of this is my opinion. It’s the opinion of folks within the Miami organization who have done the work. This comes from folks who have watched the films or crunched the numbers or done the evaluations or talked to the men who did.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/03/dolphins-palmer-best-of-possibily-available-qbs.html#ixzz1HKfxRSti

 

I didn't see this post until now. I just started a thread about this too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.