February 16, 201115 yr What if a frog had wings? If- the biggest two-letter word in the English language. He's not playing and UK is a sweet 16 team at best. Agree. I fixed that little ending for you though :lol:
February 16, 201115 yr As for the original question "what if Enes?" I believe that all would answer U.K. would be much better, that goes without saying but since we don't really know or will ever know my answer to the question would be "what if a frog had wings, then he wouldn't bunp....." well, everyone knows the rest. :lol: My point is that the Cats are going on without him, weak underneath the basket, even lesser depth so I, like everyone wishes we had him but we don't so that is that.
February 16, 201115 yr Cousins only playing 20 minutes a game is a detraction against him, he usually only played 20 minutes because of foul trouble or his own lazy attitude. Cousins may have more potential but I'll take a kid with close to the same skills as cousins and not nearly the problems any day. Agreed.
February 16, 201115 yr Better than Cousins? Are you guys kidding me? Based on what, an all-star game? Maybe it's just me Cuz's only problems were that he is a head case and doesn't have alot of hops, but I think it is crazy to say Kanter would have been better. How many true freshmen have been able to come in and bang in the post like Big Cuz could? Say whoever you want the last 5 or 6 years, but keep in mind that DeMarcus only played a little over 20 minutes a game. Sullinger is putting up similar numbers but is playing almost 32 minutes per game, 7 or 8 minutes more than Demarcus was. To each his own but I've seen nothing on Kanter that would make me think he's even close to the talent Cuz was. Cal even eluded to that before the season and I'll trust his eval. As for UK with Kanter I think they would be a top 5-10 team, but I don't think this team would be a Final Four team with him either. No leadership from the upper classmen at all. I think you can win big with some freshmen, but you need an older leader. UK had that last year with Patterson, the ball just did not bounce their way in the tourney. JMO I'm sorry, but John Wall a pure freshman in every since of the word was without a doubt the leader of that team! Even Calipari alluded to such when he said Patterson had to take more of a leadership role. I'll trust his eval on that as well.
February 16, 201115 yr I'm sorry, but John Wall a pure freshman in every since of the word was without a doubt the leader of that team! Even Calipari alluded to such when he said Patterson had to take more of a leadership role. I'll trust his eval on that as well. I have to respectfully diisagree, Patterson's presence was a key to last years team. Patterson imo was the leader of that team. He got in their face when needed and would also pick them up when someone was getting down on themselves or the team.
February 16, 201115 yr I'm going to disagree, Kanter is for real. I won't say he is better than Cousins but I would say that had Kanter played Kentucky wouldn't have been losing much, if anything from Cousins last season. I will go ahead and make the bold statement that Kanter will have a better pro career than Cousins when it is all said and done. Where did I say Kanter wasn't good? Find it, show me please. No one here knows how good Kanter is, not one person. How many on here have seen him live? How many have seen him a bunch of times? GT, maybe? He may end up being the next Tim Duncan but I'm not ready to crown a player who has dominated some Euros and one all-star game just because his highlight videos look good. CJ Leslie looked like the next DHoward in his highlight videos, but that's worked out real good for NC State. Cousins only playing 20 minutes a game is a detraction against him, he usually only played 20 minutes because of foul trouble or his own lazy attitude. Cousins may have more potential but I'll take a kid with close to the same skills as cousins and not nearly the problems any day. Close to the same skills? How would any of us know that? Because he looked good against some Euros? Or he dominated an all-star game? Cal said he wasn't close to DCuz and I'll take his word for it. I'm sorry, but John Wall a pure freshman in every since of the word was without a doubt the leader of that team! Even Calipari alluded to such when he said Patterson had to take more of a leadership role. I'll trust his eval on that as well. Wall was a leader, but are you going to tell me that Pat wasn't big for the team?
February 16, 201115 yr My problem is that people act like Kanter was the second-coming or something. He may be, but IMO there is a person in the world who knows for a fact if he would be great here or not because he hasn't stepped on the floor and done anything in a game. Kanter gets as much love from UK fans as John Wall did for crying out loud, and I'll go out on a limb and say he's not that kind of player. As for being better than Cousins to each his own, but even with Cuz's problems he's a double-double machine in the NBA when he plays. I'll take that over hearsay. As for who I'd rather have on my team, I'll take the better player any day as long as they're not selfish. I don't think Cuz is selfish, just immature. I'm out, I'm not debating a player that hasn't even stepped into a game anymore. He could be the next Duncan or the next Darko for all I care.
February 16, 201115 yr I was going to say everything Cats said. I'll also add that when Kanter scored/dominated in the All Star game that a majority of his points/rebounds came when Sullinger wasn't on the court so there still isn't any hard proof that Kanter would give UK what he gave in the All Star game on a consistent basis. It is fun to play the 'what if' game and that is fine and dandy but to crown him better than Cousins when we truly haven't seen him play is premature. I know everyone who thought Morgan Newton was better than Mike Hartline doesn't believe that anymore.
February 16, 201115 yr Where did I say Kanter wasn't good? Find it, show me please. No one here knows how good Kanter is, not one person. How many on here have seen him live? How many have seen him a bunch of times? GT, maybe? He may end up being the next Tim Duncan but I'm not ready to crown a player who has dominated some Euros and one all-star game just because his highlight videos look good. CJ Leslie looked like the next DHoward in his highlight videos, but that's worked out real good for NC State. Close to the same skills? How would any of us know that? Because he looked good against some Euros? Or he dominated an all-star game? Cal said he wasn't close to DCuz and I'll take his word for it. Wall was a leader, but are you going to tell me that Pat wasn't big for the team? Wasn't big for the team? Where did I say that. I said he was no leader. Did you not recall Cal saying numerous times last year how Patterson was used to taking a back seat to other guys (OJ Mayo, Jodie Meeks) and needed to be a leader on the floor. How many games did Wall bail us out of last year? That's the sign of a leader imo.
February 16, 201115 yr I'm only going to say this one more time,............................ Kanter is for Real.
February 16, 201115 yr My problem is that people act like Kanter was the second-coming or something. He may be, but IMO there is a person in the world who knows for a fact if he would be great here or not because he hasn't stepped on the floor and done anything in a game. Kanter gets as much love from UK fans as John Wall did for crying out loud, and I'll go out on a limb and say he's not that kind of player. As for being better than Cousins to each his own, but even with Cuz's problems he's a double-double machine in the NBA when he plays. I'll take that over hearsay. As for who I'd rather have on my team, I'll take the better player any day as long as they're not selfish. I don't think Cuz is selfish, just immature. I'm out, I'm not debating a player that hasn't even stepped into a game anymore. He could be the next Duncan or the next Darko for all I care. A lot of us may not have watched Kanter live but those club games overseas are pretty hard to make. I don't need to watch the Hoop Summit game or any other game for that matter to believe he is good. There has been chatter from those who have seen him, people who would know what they are seeing and be able to evaluate such talent, guys such as Joe B. Hall, Jay Bilas, Dicky V, Brad Nessler, etc. etc. and they all have the same opinion, he is a beast! I have heard or read so many evaluations on Kanter since he has been at UK that I can't even remember them all, but they all basically summarized the same thing, if Kanter was playing for this Kentucky team they would be very hard to beat. They have been in practice (before he was ruled permanently ineligible) and watched him run the floor, play defense, rebound, etc. etc. They have been in there and have saw him work and saw some of the things he was capable of. They all say he is an animal when he runs the floor and his footwork and hands are second to few. I think all of the praise he has received from those who are considered basketball minds and who have seen him play garner the ability to be of the opinion that he is that good.
February 16, 201115 yr A lot of us may not have watched Kanter live but those club games overseas are pretty hard to make. I don't need to watch the Hoop Summit game or any other game for that matter to believe he is good. There has been chatter from those who have seen him, people who would know what they are seeing and be able to evaluate such talent, guys such as Joe B. Hall, Jay Bilas, Dicky V, Brad Nessler, etc. etc. and they all have the same opinion, he is a beast! I have heard or read so many evaluations on Kanter since he has been at UK that I can't even remember them all, but they all basically summarized the same thing, if Kanter was playing for this Kentucky team they would be very hard to beat. They have been in practice (before he was ruled permanently ineligible) and watched him run the floor, play defense, rebound, etc. etc. They have been in there and have saw him work and saw some of the things he was capable of. They all say he is an animal when he runs the floor and his footwork and hands are second to few. I think all of the praise he has received from those who are considered basketball minds and who have seen him play garner the ability to be of the opinion that he is that good. Every person you mentioned has been wrong before. We'll see what Enes is made of one day. Until that day I can't say he is better than Cousins or that UK would be unbeatable with him. Better and hard to beat? Sure. Without a doubt. I also would think it isn't hard to beat Vargas and Harrellson in practice though so it makes sense that he is a beast in UK practices. Speaking of Vargas wasn't it not too long again when he was getting glowing reviews as well?
February 16, 201115 yr A lot of us may not have watched Kanter live but those club games overseas are pretty hard to make. I don't need to watch the Hoop Summit game or any other game for that matter to believe he is good. There has been chatter from those who have seen him, people who would know what they are seeing and be able to evaluate such talent, guys such as Joe B. Hall, Jay Bilas, Dicky V, Brad Nessler, etc. etc. and they all have the same opinion, he is a beast! I have heard or read so many evaluations on Kanter since he has been at UK that I can't even remember them all, but they all basically summarized the same thing, if Kanter was playing for this Kentucky team they would be very hard to beat. They have been in practice (before he was ruled permanently ineligible) and watched him run the floor, play defense, rebound, etc. etc. They have been in there and have saw him work and saw some of the things he was capable of. They all say he is an animal when he runs the floor and his footwork and hands are second to few. I think all of the praise he has received from those who are considered basketball minds and who have seen him play garner the ability to be of the opinion that he is that good. So those guys have seen him in practice and that makes him a stud? How many guys every pre-season are practice all-americans and end up being average in game situations. I'm sorry but until he gets in a real game situation and does well I think it is ridiculous to say he's better than Cousins. That's UK fan crap IMO, I've never saw or heard one person including the ones you mention say he's even the equal to Cousins let alone better. How many Euro bigs have ever amounted to much in the college or pro game? Gasol, Dirk, and Vlade? Maybe you could count Arvidas Sabonis? It's just crazy to hype him so much with basically nothing but Euro games and practices to go on. How many Jared Sullinger types did he play against overseas, let alone quality NBA-aged bigs? He may end up being a legend, but until then I just don't think all of this praise is realistic. To me, he's Darko Milicic until he proves otherwise.
February 16, 201115 yr So those guys have seen him in practice and that makes him a stud? How many guys every pre-season are practice all-americans and end up being average in game situations. I'm sorry but until he gets in a real game situation and does well I think it is ridiculous to say he's better than Cousins. That's UK fan crap IMO, I've never saw or heard one person including the ones you mention say he's even the equal to Cousins let alone better. How many Euro bigs have ever amounted to much in the college or pro game? Gasol, Dirk, and Vlade? Maybe you could count Arvidas Sabonis? It's just crazy to hype him so much with basically nothing but Euro games and practices to go on. How many Jared Sullinger types did he play against overseas, let alone quality NBA-aged bigs? He may end up being a legend, but until then I just don't think all of this praise is realistic. To me, he's Darko Milicic until he proves otherwise. Until Cousins prooves he won't get cut this year though he's no better than Milicic either. Honestly, with all his problems no one will trade for him because they don't want to pay him a big contract and with all the trouble he's causing in Sacramento, it is far from certain the Kings will want to keep him there.
February 16, 201115 yr Until Cousins prooves he won't get cut this year though he's no better than Milicic either. Honestly, with all his problems no one will trade for him because they don't want to pay him a big contract and with all the trouble he's causing in Sacramento, it is far from certain the Kings will want to keep him there. Someone would want Cousins, and I think it is obvious the Kings do. If not they would have gotten rid of him by now. Now would be the best time to trade for a guy like Cuz, his deal is only guaranteed for the next year and 1/2, and after that you have a two year team option. And Cousins' numbers are better than any that Darko has put up in his career.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.