February 10, 201115 yr Just got on here and thought about the Cardinals. Wanted to read what everyone thought of the Cards OT loss to ND. Well, there wasn't a thread but, on the Cats/Vols thread they are still talking about a game a couple of days gone by. I guess its safe to say there are just a few U of L fans on BGPs. In basketball I love to see UK/UL/Western do well and get into the NCAAs. Last nite the Cards played very well for the most part on the road where ND was undefeated. They actually should have won but missed two tries in the last 25 seconds. My point of the thread, why do most of you hate the Cards, you even beat them this year. Don't you think its better for the state if they at least get into the tourney? Just curious.
February 10, 201115 yr That's like asking you, why do you hate Auburn? It's an in-state rivalry. For the record, I don't think most UK fans hate UofL. (okay, so maybe that's more wishful thinking on my part) I think most UK fans (myself included), like to see UofL do well after the Cats beat them.
February 10, 201115 yr Just got on here and thought about the Cardinals. Wanted to read what everyone thought of the Cards OT loss to ND. Well, there wasn't a thread but, on the Cats/Vols thread they are still talking about a game a couple of days gone by. I guess its safe to say there are just a few U of L fans on BGPs. In basketball I love to see UK/UL/Western do well and get into the NCAAs. Last nite the Cards played very well for the most part on the road where ND was undefeated. They actually should have won but missed two tries in the last 25 seconds. My point of the thread, why do most of you hate the Cards, you even beat them this year. Don't you think its better for the state if they at least get into the tourney? Just curious. Instead of directing your question towards UK fans, why do you not ask why UL fans did not start a thread on the game? There are plenty of UL fans on here. Sure it is "better for the state", on some level, but a rivalry is not about wishing your opponents well every game. Game was a wash as far as UK was concerned since they had beaten both of them easily this year.
February 10, 201115 yr That's like asking you, why do you hate Auburn? It's an in-state rivalry. For the record, I don't think most UK fans hate UofL. (okay, so maybe that's more wishful thinking on my part) I think most UK fans (myself included), like to see UofL do well after the Cats beat them. I believe most are ambivalent. I want to see UL do good in the sense it helps UK's resume, but I do not subscribe to the notion fans of rival schools whip out pom-poms and actively cheer for their opponent to do well. I believe that sentiment is shared by most in rival situations.
February 10, 201115 yr I believe most are ambivalent. I want to see UL do good in the sense it helps UK's resume, but I do not subscribe to the notion fans of rival schools whip out pom-poms and actively cheer for their opponent to do well. I believe that sentiment is shared by most in rival situations. And that's what I mean. With UK having won this year, I like UofL to do well as it enhances UK's profile.
February 10, 201115 yr And that's what I mean. With UK having won this year, I like UofL to do well as it enhances UK's profile. :thumb: Maybe it is just the skeptic in me, but I do not buy all the chummy "they are my second favorite team" talk. That is not what a rival is supposed to be about. Trust me, they are not all cheering for you :lol: And this goes well beyond UK/UL.
February 10, 201115 yr As a UK fan you are darned if you do and darned if you don't. A U of L fan should start the thread especially since they lost. If a UK fan starts it the UL fans would say it was only started because they lost. Gold Sunrise has even abandoned UL on this one I guess.
February 10, 201115 yr I didn't get a chance to see the game so I ask someone that did. I was in Louisville most of the day and was listening to some of Bob Valvano's show. There was a good deal of talk on there about how horrible Digger and Knight were. Were they that bad.
February 11, 201115 yr I didn't get a chance to see the game so I ask someone that did. I was in Louisville most of the day and was listening to some of Bob Valvano's show. There was a good deal of talk on there about how horrible Digger and Knight were. Were they that bad. I get the impression that Digger is scared to death of Knight, like he's Marlon Brando's character in the Godfather. Vitale's almost as bad, calling him "the General".
February 11, 201115 yr That's like asking you, why do you hate Auburn? It's an in-state rivalry. For the record, I don't think most UK fans hate UofL. (okay, so maybe that's more wishful thinking on my part) I think most UK fans (myself included), like to see UofL do well after the Cats beat them. I will pull for the Cards to make a deep run if UK is out of it come tourney time but other than that I could careless if the win or lose.
February 11, 201115 yr I pull for UK and UL. Does that (by itself) make me a weirdo? When they play each other, I don't know who I am pulling for until the game starts. Then I find myself leaning one way or the other. Probably I pull for the team that has the most to lose by suffering a loss.
February 11, 201115 yr As a UK fan you are darned if you do and darned if you don't. A U of L fan should start the thread especially since they lost. If a UK fan starts it the UL fans would say it was only started because they lost. Gold Sunrise has even abandoned UL on this one I guess. No just busy with highschool basketbal this week. Girls game on Monday, Boys 10th regional tourney for Freshman Tuesday and than Ballard last night. I didn't get to watch this game.
February 11, 201115 yr Author Bama/Auburn get more hits about the other school than their own. Bama has several threads still going on about Cam. I think its bigger rival than UK/UL. I don't hate Auburn, I can pull for them easier than Lsu/Vols. Cards gave a great effort, and this is a basketball area.
February 11, 201115 yr The game was a hard fought loss to a team that's ranked #7, and undefeated at home. We may have lost, but we lost with a seriously depleted team, and STILL took them to overtime. All in all, not much to hang anyone's head about. The technical on Kuric certainly seems completely out of place from all I've seen, and what I know of Kuric. It certainly didn't look like he was taunting, but the ref said he was. In classic Kuric form, when asked about the technical, he said he didn't say anything. When then asked if he had said anything to the ref about NOT taunting, Kuric said he hadn't wanted to get another T so he didn't say anything. The classic line of the evening, though went something like this: Knight, after the technical on Kuric, said something about Kuric not playing with class. And as a UL fan on BGP, I didn't start a thread, because outside of about a dozen people here, no one really cares to discuss the Cards with me.
February 11, 201115 yr I didn't get a chance to see the game so I ask someone that did. I was in Louisville most of the day and was listening to some of Bob Valvano's show. There was a good deal of talk on there about how horrible Digger and Knight were. Were they that bad. I read a few tweets about how Digger was openly cheering for Notre Dame on the broadcast. I didn't tune in, so I can't comment on that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.