Grant County 77 Walton 72

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Grants defense is as good as you think. Walton players Mcneil 22pts and Moeves 19pts both are only freshman. If you give up 41pts to two ninth graders I have to wonder how good is Grants defense?

I'm not putting down either kid when I say this. Both kids are good ball players and get a lot done for their team..but I did not see Mcneil make hardly anything besides a free throw...yes he draws contact and gets to the line...but when he won't get those calls in the District Tournament when he creates the contact almost everytime.

I'm not putting down either kid when I say this. Both kids are good ball players and get a lot done for their team..but I did not see Mcneil make hardly anything besides a free throw...yes he draws contact and gets to the line...but when he won't get those calls in the District Tournament when he creates the contact almost everytime.

Mcneil does create contact, a call refs usually give to the offensive player, Grant defenders need to do a better job of positioning on defense. The off arm push off while dribbling is the call I don't understand. After about 4 obvious nocalls they called him for it late in the Grant game. That's frustrating for both players. Said 100 times a foul is a foul no matter what the time of the game.

Ninth graders or not I'll take those 2 kids on my team anytime. Mcneil is real smart on the floor.

Agree with many of you on this thread. Grant Co. = foul fest = hack fest. Not fun to watch, they need to learn to play real defense without the hacking and fouling. Very ugly game it was. Not fun to watch that mess. Just my opinion of course and everyone has their own opinion.

Agree with many of you on this thread. Grant Co. = foul fest = hack fest. Not fun to watch, they need to learn to play real defense without the hacking and fouling. Very ugly game it was. Not fun to watch that mess. Just my opinion of course and everyone has their own opinion.

Grant might look at free throws. Offensely it is constantly attack, attack, attack, ( off the dribble) but opponents seem to be shooting more free throws by passing and moving with out the ball.

Were you at the Carroll-Grant game? I read there were 54 fouls called and 75 free throws attempted.

I agree but tonights game they were not hacking. They do play physical and will have a lot of fouls called on them every game but tonight was not the case. The officials bailed out #22 for Walton multiple times IMO. The biggest difference tonight was ball movement. Past games their dribble drive offense looked like a weave around the perimeter due to bad spacing and poor angles to the basket. Tonight they pushed the ball into transition more and attacked the basket and created shots for each other.

Same could be said for their game vs Highlands yesterday. Gotta hand it to the kid, he has the officials in his back pocket.

I can understand some frustration that an opposing team can have for a very good Freshman that takes it to the basket hard. How about playing better defense and keeping this good Freshman out of the lane instead of complaining about contact & fouls. I'm pretty sure the scouting reports will tell you this !!

I can understand some frustration that an opposing team can have for a very good Freshman that takes it to the basket hard. How about playing better defense and keeping this good Freshman out of the lane instead of complaining about contact & fouls. I'm pretty sure the scouting reports will tell you this !!

Yes sir. You are 100% correct. Sorry for disagreeing. I'll keep my opinions to myself.