Grant County 77 Walton 72

I agree madman the game last night was hard to watch, too many fouls and too much whinning about fouls being called. Playing hard is not always playing smart.

Madman and El Corazon, you must not have watched the same game i did! 77-72 both teams played hard and put the ball in the hole. Enjoy kids playing hard and quit being so critical. I guess it is a lot easier to sit on the side and complain rather than enjoy 16 and 17 year olds playing hard for their school and coach. I watched 20 - 22 kids play in the varsity game from both schools last night, i bet only 2 or 3 of them play college basketball. Yet they all played hard and love the game. Let them love it, praise the players and coaches when they do something good and encourage to do better when things are going bad. Quit being so critical!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madman and El Corazon, you must not have watched the same game i did! 77-72 both teams played hard and put the ball in the hole. Enjoy kids playing hard and quit being so critical. I guess it is a lot easier to sit on the side and complain rather than enjoy 16 and 17 year olds playing hard for their school and coach. I watched 20 - 22 kids play in the varsity game from both schools last night, i bet only 2 or 3 of them play college basketball. Yet they all played hard and love the game. Let them love it, praise the players and coaches when they do something good and encourage to do better when things are going bad. Quit being so critical!

Wasn't being critical or complaining, just saying I don't like their defensive tactics. Both teams shot 30+ free throws so I wouldn't say it was a defensive gem. Walton made 23 and Grant 29. Alot of fouling, just not the style of play I enjoy.

I have a suggestion for madman, their are tons of games every night, don't come and watch Grant.

As for kyrebel, those two freshman are good and they scored on our 9th and 10th graders. We only have one senior. Walton only had 3 big scorers but Grant had 4 in double digits and 10 different players to score. Usually Shipp and Hurley and Robbins score more than they did last night. Maybe it was terrible defense on both parts from your guys point of view, but I for one enjoyed the game and am glad Grant got the win, should be a great first round match up in districts on a neutral site.

Grant got a much needed win. A real good team effort. When players start to realize their roles, get proper spacing and move the basketball quickly they are much more enjoyable to watch. The Kinmon kid played really well and made some big shots for Grant, as did Carr, Hunt and Blackburn. Grant had players that scored very little but still made major contributions to the win. The Braves should enjoy the moment and then get back to work. Good luck to both Grant and Walton the rest of the way.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. It was a good game for those who like that style. But for me, I don't enjoy a hack-fest, 70 free throws and a 2 hour game. :thumb:

Sorry to leave you hanging I just got home. I agree with madman that all the fouling is not my cup of tea. Not saying the kids don't deserve what they get just not fun to watch. If Grant ever wants to be known for more than fouling they are eventually going to have to learn to play defense is all I was saying.

Wasn't being critical or complaining,

You weren't?

I find it hard to watch them play because of the style of defense (if that's what you want to call it) that they play. It's foul, foul and more foul. Sometimes it resembles a cross between rugby and football but they are only doing what they are taught.

Wasn't being critical or complaining, just saying I don't like their defensive tactics. Both teams shot 30+ free throws so I wouldn't say it was a defensive gem. Walton made 23 and Grant 29. Alot of fouling, just not the style of play I enjoy.

I agree with madman's point. I watched a Grant Co. game this year where literally, 3 minutes into the first quarter, the opposing team was shooting two shots on every foul. It wasn't basketball.