February 2nd NSD

Alabama Larry

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that he will be going to OSU and will be suspended the first two games of the 2014 season.

You heard wrong, Tressell is deciding if he's even gonna let him on campus right now Coach said the class is final. The charges will help determine things but as of now he is out.

From the sounds of it, Swampy should be pretty happy right now. Holtz seems to be bringing in quite a class. Just got 4* Elkino Watson, who was rumored to be leaning towards, UF, U, or UofL.

Watson was a great get, but I'm more impressed that USF kept wide receivers Andre Davis (Jefferson) and Ruben Gonzalez (Robinson) at home. Love the way Holtz is concentrating on shoring up the base, signing a bunch of OL and defensive personnel. All in all, it was a great day. That top 25 class of 2008 starts coming of age this year. Next season should be special. The spring game is a little over 2 months away. Can't wait. u.gif

Watson was a great get, but I'm more impressed that USF kept wide receivers Andre Davis (Jefferson) and Ruben Gonzalez (Robinson) at home. Love the way Holtz is concentrating on shoring up the base, signing a bunch of OL and defensive personnel. All in all, it was a great day. That top 25 class of 2008 starts coming of age this year. Next season should be special. The spring game is a little over 2 months away. Can't wait. u.gif

Kid has some sick highlights from what I've seen. Would have liked to see him in Green and Orange, but Green and White isn't that bad either :thumb:.

Kid has some sick highlights from what I've seen. Would have liked to see him in Green and Orange, but Green and White isn't that bad either :thumb:.

His teammate Chris Moore was named Parade All American yesterday. He's going to look good in Red and Black... :D

Shew, Miami lost out on the Jacoby Brissett battle. I don't know why they even waste their time at Dwyer, they rarely succeed there. A kid chooses to go to UF and sit behind Driskel for most of his career rather than have a chance for the starting job at Miami, Washington or Wisconsin? :puke: Go where you can be happy, but I just don't see how any kid could expect to come to UF and play in front of Driskel in the future.

Jefferson, Florida 3A Champion, was loaded this year. 8 players signed LOIs, 4 to FBS schools, UC, USF, Georgia, and WKU.

Yeah Moore was off to a big start in the title game before breaking his collar bone. They also got 2 from Miami Central who had a boatload of D1 guys as well...

Yeah Moore was off to a big start in the title game before breaking his collar bone. They also got 2 from Miami Central who had a boatload of D1 guys as well...
UC also got that Hannah kid from Gaither. Heard that Rutgers and USF were in the mix and almost every BE team recruited him.

UC also got that Hannah kid from Gaither. Heard that Rutgers and USF were in the mix and almost every BE team recruited him.

Yeah he might take a year or two, but he should be a good one.

What are your thoughts on Weatherford? I know he had some issues...

Yeah he might take a year or two, but he should be a good one.

What are your thoughts on Weatherford? I know he had some issues...

He verbally committed to USF in July. I think his issues were amplified because of who he is. Most people know of Drew, but his brother Will, is a State Representative from Land O'Lakes who is a major player in Tallahassee, chairing the Redistricting Committee and vied for the Speakership last fall. Stevie's had a target on his back and had he stayed here, he'd have had a heck of a time with the local media. The thing with the horsing around, what was in the bottle, and his subsequent suspension for the final 2 games of his career, was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm pretty sure his brothers encouraged his decommitment and, for his sake, I think it was the right thing to do. He won't have that kind of scrutiny in Cincinnati.

The kid's got upside. 6'3'' 205, Stevie's the best of the Weatherford brothers, though I don't think he broke any of Drew's Pasco County passing records. Before Drew, brother Joe played at UCF. Stevie threw for 2,136 yards and 30 touchdowns in 2010, despite missing those last 2 games, and over 2,000 yards and 27 TDs in 09, he missed one game that season. If they can get some weight on him, look out.

Personally, I think it's a great pickup for UC.