Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Contenders & Pretenders

Featured Replies

Who are the legit contenders for the title this season?

 

Who are some of the highly ranked teams that really have no shot?

After Duke and Ohio State I think every team has some major flaws. I think a few of the Big East teams are contenders like Syracuse and Pitt. By the tourney time I won't count out Michigan State even though they've struggled this year. I'm not completely sold on Kansas but they will be in the discussion.

 

I think Texas is a major pretender. I'm not even sure if UK qualifies as a pretender, but if they do I believe they are.

I think Kansas and Ohio State have the best teams. Duke if they shoot lights out will be good but a team with outside shooting and bigs in the middle will give them fits.

Right now, my main contenders are between Ohio State, Kansas, Pittsburgh, and Uconn. I'm sure that there's others that are as well, which will be found out more as the season progresses. Even though undefeated, San Diego State is not in a conference to know if they are legitimate or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to half of the top 10, if not more.

Right now, my main contenders are between Ohio State, Kansas, Pittsburgh, and Uconn. I'm sure that there's others that are as well, which will be found out more as the season progresses. Even though undefeated, San Diego State is not in a conference to know if they are legitimate or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to half of the top 10, if not more.

 

Uconn is a contender but Duke isnt?

From the teams I've seen thus far, it appears that the national champions will simply be the best of the pretenders. Duke was impressive with Irving, but without him, they're very, very beatable. Just not impressed at all with the college game this year.

 

If I had to pick 3-4 teams that I really liked, I'd have to go w/ Duke, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Missouri.

Uconn is a contender but Duke isnt?

 

Really, I would say there's more than four contenders. There is not a team that I am completely sold on for winning the title, much less making the final four or elite eight. This year's tournament should be an interesting one.

I think Ohio State is a step above the others , but I honestly don't think they will win it . I really think U Conn , Syracuse and possibly Villanova . Duke would be on the outside of those 4 teams because they live and die by the 3 if they are hitting they will play with anybody and you got to like there chances at the end of the game with Coach K on the sidelines .

What few times I've seen them I think Kansas has the best chance to win it. After that there's not much difference between Ohio State, Duke, Pitt, and UConn. Also Syracuse is a factor.

UK with Kanter would have been the odds on favorite to win it IMO, but that's over now and gone.

Really, I would say there's more than four contenders. There is not a team that I am completely sold on for winning the title, much less making the final four or elite eight. This year's tournament should be an interesting one.

 

The tournament could be crazy this year. No one team appears to be heads and tails above the rest so anything could happen. With that being said, watch someone pick every tournament game correctly again.

What few times I've seen them I think Kansas has the best chance to win it. After that there's not much difference between Ohio State, Duke, Pitt, and UConn. Also Syracuse is a factor.

UK with Kanter would have been the odds on favorite to win it IMO, but that's over now and gone.

 

I would never say not a chance, but there was probably a 5% chance UK would have won it with Kanter. Duke, Ohio St, and Kansas all would be better than a UK team with Kanter and probably a few more.

 

As for people counting out Duke... I hope the teams are too.

The tournament could be crazy this year. No one team appears to be heads and tails above the rest so anything could happen. With that being said, watch someone pick every tournament game correctly again.

 

If someone is capable of picking every tournament game this year, they are very good. I believe this will be one of the more unpredictable tournaments that's happened.

What few times I've seen them I think Kansas has the best chance to win it. After that there's not much difference between Ohio State, Duke, Pitt, and UConn. Also Syracuse is a factor.

UK with Kanter would have been the odds on favorite to win it IMO, but that's over now and gone.

 

Shows how much I know. Kansas loses by double digits at home today.

Ohio State really looks solid in a good road win at Illinois.

I was undecided about how much of a contender Texas was. They had the biggest road win of the day and maybe the season so far, while showing they had adversity to come back in one of the toughest places to win at in college basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.