January 23, 201115 yr Biggest pretender in the country to me is Kansas State. 1-4 in the Big 12 after the loss today.
January 23, 201115 yr Biggest pretender in the country to me is Kansas State. 1-4 in the Big 12 after the loss today. I can definitely agree with that.
January 23, 201115 yr Duke and Ohio State are most likely contenders. Kansas, Pitt, Syracuse, Villanova, Texas in next tier. After that not really sure. Just like with last year I think no single team is a lock to win it all. I think Ohio State is the most complete all around team and I think Duke is the most talented and hottest shooting team. Kansas has lots of talent, but I'm not sold that they are all on the same page. Pitt, Syracuse, 'Nova are all very good teams, but they are all teams that lack something here or there that makes them beatable. I have to agree with a lot of people that Michigan St. isn't necessarily to be written off, but I do think they have to start turning it on soon. Missouri, Illinois, UCONN, Purdue are all tough when things click, when things don't, they are beatable. Kentucky actually isn't a crazy pick to be a contender amongst the top 25, but just like with almost all these teams apart from Ohio State and Duke, Kentucky has glaring weaknesses that make them far from a sure thing. Oh, and I still think BYU over San Diego State for best mid major right now. Strongest bet would be 1 Big 12 team, 1 Big East team, Ohio State, Duke. Pac-10 as worst of the big six conferences with SEC following closely. Best probably Big East, Big 12, Big 10, ACC in that order.
January 23, 201115 yr Saw a good commentary on K-State today. Greg Anthony said on Yahoo that he talked to Frank Martin after their NCAA loss last year about their prospects for this season. Martin stated he was worried about their prospects because they lacked a true leader. I think when people predicted K-State so high pre-season, it was based entirely on the talent level. Sadly, all the talent in the world doesn't make you a winner if you don't have guys willing to check their egos at the door and play as a team. Jacob Pullen isn't that guy. Neither are their bigs.
January 23, 201115 yr Saw a good commentary on K-State today. Greg Anthony said on Yahoo that he talked to Frank Martin after their NCAA loss last year about their prospects for this season. Martin stated he was worried about their prospects because they lacked a true leader. I think when people predicted K-State so high pre-season, it was based entirely on the talent level. Sadly, all the talent in the world doesn't make you a winner if you don't have guys willing to check their egos at the door and play as a team. Jacob Pullen isn't that guy. Neither are their bigs. Very true.
January 23, 201115 yr I think that right now Ohio St. is the best team out there. I also think that some teams that are built capable of cutting the nets down would include in no order Duke, Pitt, Purdue, and Kansas. Of all these teams I think Kansas is the team that could drop a game early. Michigan State will more than likley be there in the end with their style but as of now I am not sold. That being said the moment Irving steps back on the floor (If he does) for Duke they become my leader. There is not a more complete team in the country than a healthy Blue Devils team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.