Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Breakdown

Featured Replies

I always like the teams with good guard play come tourney time.

 

:thumb: Why I still think Dixie is the team to beat in the 9th!!

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you consider Geisler to be a mismatch for everyone in the ninth? I know there are some teams that have not been able to stop him, but IMO there are some that balance out with him as well and force others from the NCC team to be the difference makers.

 

Has Geisler even come close to fouling out of a game this year? I keep reading about how he is getting a lot of love from the 9th Region refs, will this continue into tourney play? Bottom line if he has to go to the bench for any reason during the game the Breds are at a disadvantage. I know Gruenschlager is a space eater but he doesnt offer anything close to what Geisler brings on offense.

Has Geisler even come close to fouling out of a game this year? I keep reading about how he is getting a lot of love from the 9th Region refs, will this continue into tourney play? Bottom line if he has to go to the bench for any reason during the game the Breds are at a disadvantage. I know Gruenschlager is a space eater but he doesnt offer anything close to what Geisler brings on offense.

 

 

One thing to remember with NCC is that the Ninth will be playing on a much larger college floor and without the Ninth Region Stripes! Will that college floor and with NCC only playing 5/6 guys will NCC be strong enough for three games.

One thing to remember with NCC is that the Ninth will be playing on a much larger college floor and without the Ninth Region Stripes! Will that college floor and with NCC only playing 5/6 guys will NCC be strong enough for three games.

 

I agree on this as well.

 

The opposing regions' officiating style will certainly contribute to which teams have more success.

:thumb: Why I still think Dixie is the team to beat in the 9th!!

 

Holmes has just as good guard play as Dixie.

 

I'd put the duo of Gray and Hayes against any other guard tandem in the area and feel pretty good about it.

 

Palmer, the sophomore, is also improving and gaining more experience as the season progresses.

 

Not sure on the status of Mayfield and how severe his injury is/was. He got hurt in the Lloyd game and didn't play against West Jessamine.

Has Geisler even come close to fouling out of a game this year? I keep reading about how he is getting a lot of love from the 9th Region refs, will this continue into tourney play? Bottom line if he has to go to the bench for any reason during the game the Breds are at a disadvantage. I know Gruenschlager is a space eater but he doesnt offer anything close to what Geisler brings on offense.
And Jack hurt his shoulder in the Border Bowl and is out 3-6 weeks . Nothing serious

I am not suggesting that Geisler is dominant enough to always be a mis-match, however, I am suprised how well he has done against the other bigs so far........ (he hasn't played them all). NCC is very tough if Jake is having the better game down low.

Q, I have noticed that as well regarding fouls w/ Jake.... I can't comment on why he doesn't foul out because I haven't seen enough games, but he does play a pretty smart game to avoid fouls. He is probably the one that would be most missed by his team if he did find himself w/prolonged time on the bench w/fouls. The fact that he does stay on the floor is part of the reason he is putting up O&D numbers and playing like the POY so far. Just like injury, the early foul trouble/style of officiating could be the x factor in this regional tourney, particularly for teams like NCC who are not that deep.

I agree. Regardless of the sport, a team underestimates the Bluebirds at their own peril. Highlands can always be counted on for a scrapy, hard nosed, competitive match-up.

 

Im sure the Birds and Coach Flynn would much rather go into the District/Regional Tourney without a bullseye on their back and maybe sneak up on some teams. In the end it comes down to what team is playing the best over those 10 days.

 

Captain Chaos, since when do you have to have a potential POY on your team to win the Region and if they get Stewart back for the big run then go ahead and add him as a kid who could have been POY this year if he wouldnt have gotten injured.

This is a very bold and (and using the word properly) ignorant statement. The 9th. is completely wide open. There are a couple of favorites, but there are way more that 3 teams that are capable of winning the region. Matchups and draw will be key. Some teams will fare better against others and one off night by a player or a hot night by another changes the whole dynamic.

 

Actually, you used the word incorrectly. To say my statement was ignorant would mean I lacked knowledge on the subject. Trust me, I'm well ahead of the curve around here when it comes to knowledge of high school athletics.

 

Again without getting into specifics, I'll stick with my three teams. I'll leave the generic "breakdowns" of each team to the many basketball geniuses Northern Kentucky is blessed with though.

I agree on this as well.

 

The opposing regions' officiating style will certainly contribute to which teams have more success.

 

Don't most people say the ninth region officials call a tighter game than officials from other regions? If that is true, Geisler will be less likely to get into foul trouble and might be able to be even more aggressive in the regional.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.