January 8, 201115 yr I just got home from the gas pump paying $3.15 a gallon. It brings to mind the outrage against George Bush by many BGP members regarding previous gas price hikes. If you are one of those posters, where's the outrage now. Are you just hypocritical or have you truly come to some new enlightenment?
January 8, 201115 yr I think that everyone has just gotten conditioned to high gas prices by now. All in all, at least our prices are cheaper than they are in Europe.
January 8, 201115 yr I am not conditioned. The winter time is when gas prices are supposed to drop not go up. This is crazy.
January 8, 201115 yr I think that everyone has just gotten conditioned to high gas prices by now. All in all, at least our prices are cheaper than they are in Europe.This country doesn't have the rail system that Europe has, we rely more on the automobile than they do. I recollect Obama indicating that he supported higher gas prices if they are gradually adjusted. He didn't object to $4 a gallon gas prices, just how rapidly the price increased. If people blamed Bush for the prices then, they should be on Obama now. All that said, does the president control gas prices? Can he have an effect on the cost?
January 8, 201115 yr This country doesn't have the rail system that Europe has, we rely more on the automobile than they do. I recollect Obama indicating that he supported higher gas prices if they are gradually adjusted. He didn't object to $4 a gallon gas prices, just how rapidly the price increased. If people blamed Bush for the prices then, they should be on Obama now. All that said, does the president control gas prices? Can he have an effect on the cost? Is there more or less Gulf drilling because of the BP fiasco?
January 8, 201115 yr I am not conditioned. The winter time is when gas prices are supposed to drop not go up. This is crazy. I agree, I can already imagine how summer prices are going to be.
January 8, 201115 yr All that said, does the president control gas prices? Can he have an effect on the cost? IF He can step in and save other industries then why can't he step and control gas prices?
January 8, 201115 yr Just prior to the 2008 election, gas prices dropped significantly. With no drop at election time this year, I knew that we were in trouble.
January 8, 201115 yr Is there more or less Gulf drilling because of the BP fiasco? IF He can step in and save other industries then why can't he step and control gas prices?For the record, I don't believe the president controls gas prices but I most certainly do think he can affect them.
January 8, 201115 yr To really put a stop to what's going on with gas prices, two things could happen to make a change. The first thing is to start drilling what we have here, which I'm clueless as to why this has not started already. The next thing is an idea that a good friend of mine and his father talked about a while back. Both of those guys are very familar with the transportation/logistics industry, owning some diesel trucks, tractor trailers, are licensed as freight brokers, and more. Anyway, my friend's father said what needs to happen is that everyone that owns or hauls a truck for shipping, delivering, etc. needs to stop for 24 hours all over the U.S. If that happens, some havoc will be created and would definitely make many in the oil industry consider what could come if the prices continue as they have been. I know the idea sounds kind of out there, but I believe that it would definitely send a message.
January 8, 201115 yr For the record, I don't believe the president controls gas prices but I most certainly do think he can affect them. I agree.
January 8, 201115 yr For the record, I don't believe the president controls gas prices but I most certainly do think he can affect them. I know that he can't set them but he can step in and help control them. If he can save companies with government money then why can't he step in and help control the gas prices.
January 8, 201115 yr To really put a stop to what's going on with gas prices, two things could happen to make a change. The first thing is to start drilling what we have here, which I'm clueless as to why this has not started already. The next thing is an idea that a good friend of mine and his father talked about a while back. Both of those guys are very familar with the transportation/logistics industry, owning some diesel trucks, tractor trailers, are licensed as freight brokers, and more. Anyway, my friend's father said what needs to happen is that everyone that owns or hauls a truck for shipping, delivering, etc. needs to stop for 24 hours all over the U.S. If that happens, some havoc will be created and would definitely make many in the oil industry consider what could come if the prices continue as they have been. I know the idea sounds kind of out there, but I believe that it would definitely send a message. It would have zero effect on gas prices.
January 8, 201115 yr I know that he can't set them but he can step in and help control them. If he can save companies with government money then why can't he step in and help control the gas prices. How?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.