Boone County 65 Simon Kenton 61

Mcqueary, Brown and Montgomery all in double figures. Chambers hits seven threes to finish with 27. SK had a possession late in the game and were able to get off 5 or six shots but none of those fell.

Boone (9-4)

McQueary 23

Brown 19

Montgomery 11

Crabtree 8

Stanley 4

Simon Kenton (9-4)

Chambers 27

Reilly 11

Sampson 13

Ayers 4

Bach 4

Doss 2

Also UKfan, Doss must be a great big man. 2 points for the future of the NBA? Unbelievable.

A lot of commenting from someone who wasn't at the game.

Montgomery played well early but went down about midway through the third quarter(I believe). I think it was a blessing in disguise because McQueary went off. Boone and their height gave SK fits inside.

Chambers did not play against Conner and is just now getting back in to basketball shape.

Simon Kenton's wings have to shoot when open, it absolutely amazes me how many of those passed up, wide open looks turn in to worse shots.

Can't win them all its still a long season SK will be fine.
:thumb: They are improving, but still a way to go in the next 5-6 weeks.

I said if SK could stop or slow down Brown they could win, they really didn't do that but still had their chances, then McQueary couldn't be stopped at times from outside. A few forced passes toards the end as well.

Alot closer than I thought it would be. Chambers must be a pretty good player. Did he play against Conner? Where you at Ukfan???? Though SK had this game by ten?

That's funny, I remember after the Conner game you said SK wouldn't threaten any team from NKY.... I guess alot's changed since then.

Chambers missed the first three games. He's really put up some nice numbers as of late. I listened to the game on the radio, I had no clue Boone had such size.

I saw Boone at the LMI last week and they do have some big boys. 6'8 Crabtree, 6'5 McQueary, 6'5 Montgomery, 6'5 Brown....definetly one of the bigger teams in not only the area, but also the state.

McQueary gets a little too confident from outside at times and forces shots, but when's he on the kid can flat out stroke it from outside.

Nope not really. Did they beat Boone? I believe not! I don't care if they won by 30 or 4. A wins a win.

Saw the first half of the game. Sk jumped out early 4-0 then Conner just took over and had a comfortable lead all through the second quarter. Hodges looked good. He's a big kid with a big wing spand. I'm looking forward to see him and Brown go at it Friday night. I liked Conner's point gaurd. Jacob Flesch I believe. I thought he was a pretty big player for Conner in the first half. Also Robinson, I believe is a great player. It seemed as if when he was out've the game Sk started to shorten the lead. Sk didn't impress me at all. As I stated about Doss. He is a big player, just is way to slow and non aggressive to really be a factor. Hodges seemed to handle him easily. Sk looked lost on offense. They seem to be no threat to anyone in NKY in my opinion. Good job Conner, good luck Friday.
Hmmm

What is the extent of the injury to Montgomery? Paper says it may sideline him for a while.

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/sports/montgomery-injured-in-boone-win-over-sk

Panda, It didn't look good. He went out once then tried to come back and the next time he went down it looked worse. He didn't appear to be in very much pain on the bench but it sure didn't look good.