Realignment

I think the KHSAA offices are studying it right now. I still think they should go with my plan i posted on here about 2 1/2 years ago. It did have the Frankfort schools moving to the 8th. It moved Walton and Simon Kenton back to the 9th region. IT moved all schools in Campbell County to the 10th, essentially creating 2 Northern Kentucky Regions. It then moved Clark to the 11th and Montgomery to the 14th. I believe it cuts down on travel in all areas of the state. It had many other changes as well.

Montgomery County to the 14th Region would make no sense at all. If you're talking about cutting down on travel expenses that sure wouldn't do it for them. All the major contenders in the 14th--- Perry Central, Hazard, Knott Central, Letcher Central, would be a long haul from Mt. Sterling. Probably close to 3 hours in some cases.

Montgomery County to the 14th Region would make no sense at all. If you're talking about cutting down on travel expenses that sure wouldn't do it for them. All the major contenders in the 14th--- Perry Central, Hazard, Knott Central, Letcher Central, would be a long haul from Mt. Sterling. Probably close to 3 hours in some cases.

I think he ment the 16th region instead of the 14th thats what he had said in other threads.

Ladiesbballcoach: Here is what i had for 10th region. You probably won't like it:

Here is the new alignment for the 10th. Paris was moved to the 11th with Bourbon Co and Clark Co.

Region 10

District 37

Bishop Brossart

Campbell Co

Dayton

Silver Grove

District 38

Highlands

Newport

Newport Central Catholic

Bellevue

District 39

Augusta

Bracken Co

Mason Co

Maysville St. Patrick

District 40

Deming

Harrison Co

Nicholas Co

Pendleton Co

Assuming the region is held every year at the Fieldhouse, this could be a reincarnation of the MCIT--LOL!! Seriously, this lineup would produce very little in terms of different regional qualifiers? I can see at least four virtual automatics every year, and only one district where the 1 & 2 seeds would very often be in doubt??

Ez it sounds like you are opposed. True?

Not a bit. I think bringing Scott and Simon Kenton back into the 9th makes a lot of sense. Even the possibility of making the Campbell Co. schools a district in the 10th makes some sense if it doesn't increase the travel expense a lot. I just don't see any sense in discussing it until there is something from the KHSAA as to realignment.