Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Consecutive Wins Streak

Whose streak is the standard? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Whose streak is the standard?

    • UConn Women's
      4%
    • UCLA Men's
      46%
    • Both are impressive
      48%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Both impressive but womens basketball has proven for years that only 3-4 teams have a legitimate shot at winning a title. If you are the best team in womens college basketball then your normally going to destroy everybody you play just because you are so much better than them. The gap from 1-4/7-14 in womens basketball is much larger than it is in mens college basketball. Being there was more parody and more competitive teams during the UCLA run I have to go with them.

Both are great in their own right.

 

Even Auriemma said "UCLA's streak is their streak, UCONN's streak is their streak. They are different games and not comparable."

 

As far as I can tell. Only the media is trying to compare the two.

I read a quote from John Wooden once many moons ago:

 

"If you want to watch how basketball is supposed to be played, watch a women's basketball game."

 

Quote from Randy Parker:

 

"If you want a quick way to induce someone to commit suicide, have them watch a women's basketball game."

Quote from Randy Parker:

 

"If you want a quick way to induce someone to commit suicide, have them watch a women's basketball game."

 

I will say this: UConn's women is one of the only teams that I can watch play women's basketball. Most of the time, women just don't look right playing. Many shoot awkwardly, especially at lower levels. Maya Moore does not suffer from any of those maladies.

I will say this: UConn's women is one of the only teams that I can watch play women's basketball. Most of the time, women just don't look right playing. Many shoot awkwardly, especially at lower levels. Maya Moore does not suffer from any of those maladies.

 

Oh, I agree with that. But in general, I'm not the biggest fan of womens/girls basketball.

One thing that is impressive about UCONN's streak is that they have beat the best of the best in their sport during the streak. Seems like every other game they are playing a ranked team. Id like to see how many of the 89 wins were against ranked opponents, might be close to half of them.

One thing that is impressive about UCONN's streak is that they have beat the best of the best in their sport during the streak. Seems like every other game they are playing a ranked team. Id like to see how many of the 89 wins were against ranked opponents, might be close to half of them.

 

I agree, it definitely seems that plenty of their wins have been against ranked teams, which makes the streak even more impressive. I don't know how many of their wins were against ranked opponents, but I would say that it was close to half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.