Paying for winning?

CGG12

I believe the district and regional do come out of the tournament but normally it's an expense that comes out of monies made in the district or regional. So the district winner or regional winner school doesn't have to pay for the trophy, it comes out of monies taken in from the game or games. But still, KHSAA is all about money and anything they can do to make more, they will. Why do you think they moved the state championship games to Bowling Green -- because Houchen's offered them sponsership and MONEY speaks bunches for the KHSAA. It doesn't matter where the games are at, as long as there is money to be made.

The KHSAA better be darned concerned about money. Do you think it grows on trees?

Do schools even celebrate District Championships? Isn't the district like 4 teams. Wow. I would bet the only teams celebrating regional championships are the ones who have never won one. Keep those trophies, send the state championship trophy and I am sure most schools would

be happy to pay that bill.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a complaint. It just seems the same as someone buying you a gift and giving you the bill for it. Leatherneck, nice picture of Quinn, I sure do miss him!

As do I and Mitch too.

It's really not giving a gift and sending the bill. It's more like giving someone cash and telling him or her to go buy him/herself someting.

Someone can correct me, but I'm told in almost all cases, the host school in all playoff games takes the expenses off the top of the gate revenues before splitting the gate with the other team. One of those expenses is the cost of the trophies. So in the case of the district championship trophy that Highlands got the bill for, both Highlands and the opponent paid for it. The bill was sent to Highlands because they were the host of the district championship game. The KHSAA doesn't foot the bill for district, regional, quarter final and semi final trophies because unlike other states such as Ohio, the KHSAA gets none of the revenue from any playoff game until the state game. Because the KHSAA gets the gate from the state games, they pay for those trophies. Or at least that's my understanding as to how it works.

As do I and Mitch too.

It's really not giving a gift and sending the bill. It's more like giving someone cash and telling him or her to go buy him/herself someting.

Someone can correct me, but I'm told in almost all cases, the host school in all playoff games takes the expenses off the top of the gate revenues before splitting the gate with the other team. One of those expenses is the cost of the trophies. So in the case of the district championship trophy that Highlands got the bill for, both Highlands and the opponent paid for it. The bill was sent to Highlands because they were the host of the district championship game. The KHSAA doesn't foot the bill for district, regional, quarter final and semi final trophies because unlike other states such as Ohio, the KHSAA gets none of the revenue from any playoff game until the state game. Because the KHSAA gets the gate from the state games, they pay for those trophies. Or at least that's my understanding as to how it works.

The discussion has went away from the original debate. The regular season District Champ gets the trophy with a bill, I understand the post season stuff, I was just commenting on the reg. season champ trophy. I found it funny.