The sarge

Who wins?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before Somerset's come from behind win against Brethitt I would have said Somerset big, however, another week of Mountain football for the BJ's may be to tall of an order. Belfry is peaking at the right time. These are two good football teams with two great coaches in the end I think the home crowd will give Belfry a slight advantage and an upset win 33-26.

It will be a good game, hope the Jumpers got that bad one out of their system. We were very fortunate to win this past week and will need a better effort this week to advance. Looking forward to going to Belfry, not the drive, but seeing the stadium and the atmosphere. I of course will pick our boys to win but I'm not putting down a score. Belfry is a tradition rich program that is used to playing in these types of games and I know they will be ready come Friday night.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

It will be a good game, hope the Jumpers got that bad one out of their system. We were very fortunate to win this past week and will need a better effort this week to advance. Looking forward to going to Belfry, not the drive, but seeing the stadium and the atmosphere. I of course will pick our boys to win but I'm not putting down a score. Belfry is a tradition rich program that is used to playing in these types of games and I know they will be ready come Friday night.
Every time I can remember Belfry and Somerset playing it was a heck of a battle. I expect this one will be too. This will be a good week leading up to this game. Belfry will have their work cut out for them trying to stop the high powered Briar Jumpers explosive offense. Hopefully they will be up to the task. This Somerset team is more experienced and in most opinions more talented than the young Pirates. Coach Haywood has his team peaking at the right time, and that is the book on any Philip Haywood team. They may not look like world beaters in August, but come November, they will be ready to play.

5 more days, it can't get here quick enough.

Every time I can remember Belfry and Somerset playing it was a heck of a battle. I expect this one will be too. This will be a good week leading up to this game. Belfry will have their work cut out for them trying to stop the high powered Briar Jumpers explosive offense. Hopefully they will be up to the task. This Somerset team is more experienced and in most opinions more talented than the young Pirates. Coach Haywood has his team peaking at the right time, and that is the book on any Philip Haywood team. They may not look like world beaters in August, but come November, they will be ready to play.

5 more days, it can't get here quick enough.

Jumper Dad and Watusi good posts and I agree. It will be one for the ages. Good luck to two classy and tradition rich programs.

What do the Somerset fans have to say about those who question if the Jumpers are overrated?

I've been hearing that Somerset's schedule was weak, except for Danville. And that the Danville game was two months ago and Danville was struggling at the time. Most of all I think people are questioning them because they struggled with Breathitt.

How do you defend that?

What do the Somerset fans have to say about those who question if the Jumpers are overrated?

I've been hearing that Somerset's schedule was weak, except for Danville. And that the Danville game was two months ago and Danville was struggling at the time. Most of all I think people are questioning them because they struggled with Breathitt.

How do you defend that?

Come out and beat Belfry and win the state championship. All you can say is they have beat everyone that was put in front of them!

Come out and beat Belfry and win the state championship. All you can say is they have beat everyone that was put in front of them!

Of course they have done what they had to do and a lot of those wins came pretty easy. No fault there.

Saying that, however does nothing to answer the question "Are they overrated"?

Was the game against Breathitt just a bad night for a very good team? Or was it an indication that they weren't as good as everybody thinks they are?

How do you defend that?

Of course they have done what they had to do and a lot of those wins came pretty easy. No fault there.

Saying that, however does nothing to answer the question "Are they overrated"?

Was the game against Breathitt just a bad night for a very good team? Or was it an indication that they weren't as good as everybody thinks they are?

Danville wasn't struggling when Somerset beat them. They were 3-0 and had already defeated Mason County.

Friday night was just a bad night. If you go back and look at Breathitt's scores against Casey County, Wayne County and Estill County compared to Somerset's scores against those teams Somerset should have beaten the Bobcats by 3 or 4 scores. However, on a given night anything can happen. Breathitt played a great game Friday but they didn't expose anything. The Briar Jumpers just did about everything wrong that they could possibly do wrong for a half. Most of the problems were self-inflicted--not forced. It did seem like the offensive turnovers led to the defense playing flat-footed instead of aggressively like they normally do. Overrated? How many teams in class 3A could go into Breathitt County turn the ball over 6 times, rack up over 110 yards in penalties, trail by 2 scores at halftime and come away with a win? There are no style points in the postseason.

Danville wasn't struggling when Somerset beat them. They were 3-0 and had already defeated Mason County.

Friday night was just a bad night. If you go back and look at Breathitt's scores against Casey County, Wayne County and Estill County compared to Somerset's scores against those teams Somerset should have beaten the Bobcats by 3 or 4 scores. However, on a given night anything can happen. Breathitt played a great game Friday but they didn't expose anything. The Briar Jumpers just did about everything wrong that they could possibly do wrong for a half. Most of the problems were self-inflicted--not forced. It did seem like the offensive turnovers led to the defense playing flat-footed instead of aggressively like they normally do. Overrated? How many teams in class 3A could go into Breathitt County turn the ball over 6 times, rack up over 110 yards in penalties, trail by 2 scores at halftime and come away with a win? There are no style points in the postseason.

My thoughts exactly. Danville was far from struggling. The Somerset game set them on a 3 game skid. Of course those three games were to Class AAA #1 Somerset, a 5A school in Southwestern, and of course co-favorite of 4A Boyle County. Most schools regardless of who they are would be "struggling," with that stretch. :thumb: