Texas A&M 9 Nebraska 6

swamprat

Mighty, did you see the tape, and do you have kids who play sports?

Yes I saw it. Athletes get yelled at like that all the time and if it's my kid on the field screwing up he needs to be held accountable. Like Clyde said though this is probably something looking a lot worse than it really was.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you Mustang know that the Taylor was thinking about leaving the Huskers, and with that mindset the parents need to ask some questions. I've got four sons who play year around sports and maybe have met with a coach maybe a couple of times, and we are talking about a lot of games.

Do you think your kids future is important compared to "ole daddy fighting his battles".

Do you Mustang know that the Taylor was thinking about leaving the Huskers, and with that mindset the parents need to ask some questions. I've got four sons who play year around sports and maybe have met with a coach maybe a couple of times, and we are talking about a lot of games.

Do you think your kids future is important compared to "ole daddy fighting his battles".

Yeah, and if he wanted to leave Nebraska, it's his decision, not mommy and daddy's. Not sure what you're trying to get at with your last sentence. He's an adult, he can make his own decisions. It's his choices that shape his future, not what mommy and daddy want.

I would've went crazy on my dad had he ever once had a talk with any of my coaches growing up. When ever an issue arose, even back in HS, I would go talk to the coach. It's called being responsible and mature.

OK, UK you are saying Mom/Dadf have very little imput on colleges. I have three in college or out. See Cam Newton. Not sayin its what Mom/Dad WANT, but there is imput.

So by me going and asking a question to a coach a person would NOT be Responsible and Mature. And probaby when this happens the child has no knowledge of it. Remember Mike Leach?

Its safe to say we disagree on this matter and thats OK, I just feel for Taylor and if his dad didn't feel/do anything I'd be shocked.

When I played in HS I did have an issue with a coach who mistreatedf me, did I go to him and stand up to him, I was 17 and rarely spoke to any coach, but 30 years later as a mature man I called that coach and we had a talk. I got injured in practice and he showed little interest. True story.

OK, UK you are saying Mom/Dadf have very little imput on colleges. I have three in college or out. See Cam Newton. Not sayin its what Mom/Dad WANT, but there is imput.

So by me going and asking a question to a coach a person would NOT be Responsible and Mature. And probaby when this happens the child has no knowledge of it. Remember Mike Leach?

Its safe to say we disagree on this matter and thats OK, I just feel for Taylor and if his dad didn't feel/do anything I'd be shocked.

When I played in HS I did have an issue with a coach who mistreatedf me, did I go to him and stand up to him, I was 17 and rarely spoke to any coach, but 30 years later as a mature man I called that coach and we had a talk. I got injured in practice and he showed little interest. True story.

I see your point. The point that Mustang and myself are trying to make is that if you are a man on a division one college football team ranked in the top 10 there is no reason mom or dad should be saying anything to a coach. Not to mention all of the crap you would take from your teammates for it. Like I said earlier, the young men on these teams get yelled at like that all the time. As a division one athlete you have to have thick skin and take the criticism as constructive. Look at it from the coaches point of view. If you have a kid screwing up and costing you games, it could end up costing you a job. I'd be in his face too. After high school he didn't have to sign a LOI with Nebraska. He didn't have to play college ball at all. He chose too. He also chose to play for a coach with a temper which he should have known going in. He made the choices, now he has to live with the fact that he is playing the spotlight position for a D1 university.

Bo screaming at his players like he hates them. Desmond Howard on ESPN said something like he will surprised if Taylor's dad doesn't have a meeting with Bo. "I know if it was my son we would".

15 penalties for the Huskers and one personal on the Head Coach.

Here is a clip of it.

Looks no worse than this.

And people were trying to argue that Nebraska would beat Boise?

Yeah they were....what a joke.

Bo screaming at his players like he hates them. Desmond Howard on ESPN said something like he will surprised if Taylor's dad doesn't have a meeting with Bo. "I know if it was my son we would".

15 penalties for the Huskers and one personal on the Head Coach.

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Alot of coaches talk like that to their players, the players need to grow up. Martinez came to play for Pelini, cryinig to mom and dad would be embarrassing for him.

Okay, but to most people parents going in and chewing out the coach would be extremely embarrassing.

Yeah they were....what a joke.

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Alot of coaches talk like that to their players, the players need to grow up. Martinez came to play for Pelini, cryinig to mom and dad would be embarrassing for him.

Okay, but to most people parents going in and chewing out the coach would be extremely embarrassing.

Not only that, but I can almost guarantee you that the coach will lose A LOT of respect for that player if he has mommy and daddy cry to coach for him. On the flip side, the coach is going to gain A LOT of respect for the player that comes and addresses any issues with the coach face to face.

Not only that, but I can almost guarantee you that the coach will lose A LOT of respect for that player if he has mommy and daddy cry to coach for him. On the flip side, the coach is going to gain A LOT of respect for the player that comes and addresses any issues with the coach face to face.

:thumb:

I did say we disagree on this. How come the head man at Nebraska came out and said he wasn't happy with the coach? How come the coach had to apologize? How many coachs have you seen get a PF now days?

Give me a break, is "mommy/daddy" going to a team meeting and complain? Did you people see where I wrote where Taylor probaby wouldn't even know what transpired. Looks like y'all like to pick and choose on here.

Remember, I also said can we can disagree on here, and I stand by the fact Taylor had put out he wasn't happy. He got benched last week. You think daddy would call the coach? No, different issue.