November 15, 201015 yr Seems like Mick is getting his recruits, though, which is a good thing. UC could really use Born Ready this year....and he could use UC. We'll see how they play when the lights go on, but from what I have seen behind the scenes I disagree. Everything on the offensive end is much more fluid and doesn't come to a complete halt when one player gets it. That was the big problem last year. Way too much standing around when Lance or Vaughn got the ball...
November 15, 201015 yr He may have some horses. Jury's still out on if he can ride em. I have some doubts. I'll simply ask you this. Did Tom Crean become a bad coach once he took the IU job? Rebuilding a program from scratch in a high major conference is a brutal experience no matter how well you recruit. But why have perspective when you already know it all... :lol:
November 15, 201015 yr Not saying much, considering Cincinnati hasn't reached 20 wins in any one season under Mick. '06-'07: 11-19 (2-14 in Big East) '07-'08: 13-19 (1st round loss in College Basketball Invitiational) '08-'09: 18-14 '09-'10: 19-16 (2nd Round loss in NIT). Seems like Mick is getting his recruits, though, which is a good thing. UC could really use Born Ready this year....and he could use UC. That looks like steady progress in the #1 basketball conference in the nation.
November 15, 201015 yr That looks like steady progress in the #1 basketball conference in the nation. After taking over a team with 1 scholarship player and no recruits in April 06 when Mick got the job. Piece of cake, right...
November 15, 201015 yr And that doesn't factor in that he HAD to recruit guys that would graduate because the APR was rock bottom and was charged with cleaning up the image of the program by a nut job president...
November 15, 201015 yr After taking over a team with 1 scholarship player and no recruits in April 06 when Mick got the job. Piece of cake, right... And that doesn't factor in that he HAD to recruit guys that would graduate because the APR was rock bottom and was charged with cleaning up the image of the program by a nut job president... Exactly ... I think your example of IU and Crean is very appropriate. Mick deserves more support and less pot shots. But I will say, it is time to get to the show. I hope he can get it done this year and keep the naysayers' target off his back.
November 15, 201015 yr Exactly ... I think your example of IU and Crean is very appropriate. Mick deserves more support and less pot shots. But I will say, it is time to get to the show. I hope he can get it done this year and keep the naysayers' target off his back. :thumb:
November 15, 201015 yr Also would be nice if the crowds returned. I think in the long run Mick may be judged on this as much as anything..............
November 16, 201015 yr If UC doesn't do something next year, it will be very disappointing. They have a top 5 recruiting class coming in, . That's surprising. You guys follow it much closer than I but when I google rankings I don't see UC listed. Am I not looking in the right place?
November 16, 201015 yr That's surprising. You guys follow it much closer than I but when I google rankings I don't see UC listed. Am I not looking in the right place? It's a top 20 type class. ESPN moved them to #21 today after landing Davis. I think it will perform much better than that, but the ranking is consistent with the stars by the kids names...
November 16, 201015 yr It's a top 20 type class. ESPN moved them to #21 today after landing Davis. I think it will perform much better than that, but the ranking is consistent with the stars by the kids names... Where does Rivals have them?
November 16, 201015 yr Where does Rivals have them? They haven't updated to include the Davis addition so no clue...
November 16, 201015 yr I'll simply ask you this. Did Tom Crean become a bad coach once he took the IU job? Rebuilding a program from scratch in a high major conference is a brutal experience no matter how well you recruit. But why have perspective when you already know it all... :lol: OK let's play. UC will not win a big east title with Cronin at the helm. I will almost say they will not make th dance with him, but you don't have to be very good to do that, so I'll stay off that one. UC will not be ranked in the top 20 underr Mick. What say you? I do know a little more than you think. Should we go back to our BK heading to ND conversations? Anyone with a lick of sense knew that man was gone. Oh except the one "close" to the program. Sometimes ya can't see the forest for the trees. Keep in that in mind all knowing one:lol:
November 16, 201015 yr After taking over a team with 1 scholarship player and no recruits in April 06 when Mick got the job. Piece of cake, right... I was not implying that Mick was failing to make progress. I said it wouldn't take much for this to be his best team yet...
November 16, 201015 yr It's always a big year for Mick. He has two battles. On the court. Boosters. He needs to be better at both.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.