November 16, 201015 yr OK let's play. UC will not win a big east title with Cronin at the helm. I will almost say they will not make th dance with him, but you don't have to be very good to do that, so I'll stay off that one. UC will not be ranked in the top 20 underr Mick. What say you? I do know a little more than you think. Should we go back to our BK heading to ND conversations? Anyone with a lick of sense knew that man was gone. Oh except the one "close" to the program. Sometimes ya can't see the forest for the trees. Keep in that in mind all knowing one:lol: And you would have also fired Coach K at this same point in his career at Duke. Did Mick forget how to coach since his teams at Murray St? Nope. But in the microwave society, let's judge a guy on the rebuild instead of when the foundation is finally set...
November 16, 201015 yr And you would have also fired Coach K at this same point in his career at Duke. Did Mick forget how to coach since his teams at Murray St? Nope. But in the microwave society, let's judge a guy on the rebuild instead of when the foundation is finally set... GT, you are Mick's boss. How much rope do you give him? How long would you be willing to stay with him without punching dance tickets?
November 16, 201015 yr GT, you are Mick's boss. How much rope do you give him? How long would you be willing to stay with him without punching dance tickets? At worst they have to be solid this year and get there next season. If he didn't deliver like he has in this 2011 recruiting class the chances of moving that up a year would greatly increase...
November 16, 201015 yr And you would have also fired Coach K at this same point in his career at Duke. Did Mick forget how to coach since his teams at Murray St? Nope. But in the microwave society, let's judge a guy on the rebuild instead of when the foundation is finally set... I didn't say I would have fired anybody. Listen to me. I do not think Mick Cronin is a very good coach. Nothing to do with anyone else. If UC and your self think otherwise, then that's great. Oh and BTW, the post suggesting that I think I kbnow everything was quite comical. Take a look in the ole mirror this morning. I will be rooting for UC as always, probably attend 2 or 3 games. Go Bearcats
November 16, 201015 yr I will be rooting for UC as always, probably attend 2 or 3 games. Go Bearcats Sadly, you will not have any difficulty finding tickets.
November 16, 201015 yr Sadly, you will not have any difficulty finding tickets. I get them for free. Unfortunately it's not the same when the building is empty.
November 16, 201015 yr Just a tad over 4K last night. Not good. P-Doc with no love for Mick in today's paper.
November 17, 201015 yr Author Getting back to the topic of the thread....how will guys like Davis, Guyn, and Sanders be used with Dixon and Cash coming back next year, GT? Seems like Mick could use another big man instead of loading up on guards. I realize they'll have JJ (6'7/6'8) and KG (6'10) but outside of those two and Yancy, there is no depth inside. Ellis and Thomas are more of a 3/4 type player, correct?
November 17, 201015 yr Getting back to the topic of the thread....how will guys like Davis, Guyn, and Sanders be used with Dixon and Cash coming back next year, GT? Seems like Mick could use another big man instead of loading up on guards. I realize they'll have JJ (6'7/6'8) and KG (6'10) but outside of those two and Yancy, there is no depth inside. Ellis and Thomas are more of a 3/4 type player, correct? I think Davis will be used a lot like Parker as a versatile guy that can help at the point or on the wing. Ge will likely be a PG but can slide off the ball because he can defend the 2 and Sanders is a guy that can play the 2 or 3. Mick like having versatile guys that can play multiple positions and all 3 fit into that mold. Thomas is a 3 and Ellis is a face up 4. Last spot will go to a power type big, likely from a JUCO...
November 17, 201015 yr So his team's putrid record down the home stretch of the season year after year doesn't concern you GT? That's got to be more than just a coincidence, doesn't it?
November 17, 201015 yr So his team's putrid record down the home stretch of the season year after year doesn't concern you GT? That's got to be more than just a coincidence, doesn't it? Not really. The first 3 years it was a result of simply being beaten down by the end of Big East play because the roster was so short and too many guys had to play 35 minutes a night. It's just the reality of rebuilding from scratch. Last year was a little different, but they did put up a good fight in the Big East Tournament. They simply lost too many games in the final minute or two, so I don't see that as a collapse like had happened the prior 3 seasons. Lance and Vaughn just weren't making shots at a high enough clip to get them over the hump. If it happens this year there will be cause for concern. The talent and experience level is too high for a late season train wreck...
November 18, 201015 yr Author I think Davis will be used a lot like Parker as a versatile guy that can help at the point or on the wing. Ge will likely be a PG but can slide off the ball because he can defend the 2 and Sanders is a guy that can play the 2 or 3. Mick like having versatile guys that can play multiple positions and all 3 fit into that mold. Thomas is a 3 and Ellis is a face up 4. Last spot will go to a power type big, likely from a JUCO... I've heard that Ge has been playing extremely well for South Kent and had a double double his first game with 10 ast and 11 stls. Is Sanders able to play the 3? I thought he was only 6'4. He'd be giving up some size more often than not, correct? I really like this class either way but was just wondering how Mick was going to get all these guards and wings playing time. Thomas is going to really shine, IMO. He dropped 40 his first game of the season the other night. BTW, nice article on Ellis. A lot of great insight as to what type of kid he is off the court.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.